• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brazilian, 125, May Be the Oldest Woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodcow

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...304/ap_on_fe_st/brazil_oldest_woman&printer=1

capt.sao20103031937.brazil_oldest_woman_sao201.jpg

Brazilian, 125, May Be the Oldest Woman
Fri Mar 4, 7:42 AM ET
By STAN LEHMAN, Associated Press Writer

SAO PAULO, Brazil - An elderly woman living in a small, wooden shack in rural southern Brazil could be the world's oldest living woman, according to a Brazilian record-keeping organization.

Maria Olivia da Silva, who recently celebrated her 125th birthday, "is definitely the oldest living woman in Brazil and possibly in the entire world," said Iolete Cadari, administrative director of RankBrasil, this country's equivalent to the Guinness World Records.

Da Silva's birth certificate shows that she was born Feb. 28, 1880 in the city of Itapetininga, Sao Paulo state, Cadari said by telephone. She currently lives in the small town of Astorga, some 370 miles west of Sao Paulo in the state of Parana.

Laura McTurk, a spokeswoman for Guinness World Records in London said by e-mail that the organization was researching its records for any information on da Silva. She said Guinness may have an official statement on Friday.

According to the Guinness World Records Web site, the world's oldest woman is 113-year-old Hendrikje Van Andel-Schipper, who was born June 29, 1890.

Da Silva, whom Cadari described as "mentally sound and rational," was married twice and has outlived all but three of her 14 children — four of them adopted.

"Her memory is impressive and she loves to talk," Cadari said, adding that Da Silva lives with her 58-year-old adopted son, Aparecido H. Silva.

My great-grandmother is 105. She also lives in a small, wooden shack, but in Mexico.
Could these wooden shacks be the key to a long life? (ponders)

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
lost_insaniti said:
My great-grandmother is 105. She also lives in a small, wooden shack, but in Mexico.
Could these wooden shacks be the key to a long life? (ponders)

Probably has more to do with diet.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Archaeologists discovered her in one of these:

mummy.jpg

Pimpwerx

Damn. I don't want to live to be even half that age. Just think, her health has probably been going downhil for more than half her life. I don't want to live like that. Now if I was 125, strong as an ox and still pulling young pussy, then I'm all over that shacklife. :lol PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom