• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Break Blade (anime) is awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suairyu said:
It's the only animé I've watched in the last year. Once Monster finished, I didn't know where to go for my high-quality animé fix. Not that Break Blade is high quality in any sense other than production values, but the hour long episode format is a nice change.

Probably not going to find another series on Monster's level for a few years though.
I know just the series.....

1stStrike

Banned
Jamesfrom818 said:
How many episodes are there going to be? I want all of them to be released before I start watching.

From the OP (reading is cool):

The manga is to be adapted into six 50 minute animated movies.

We're up to the 5th. Expect the 6th in a few months. They're coming out quarterly.

Dynedom

Totally forgot the Blu-ray for episode 05 was supposed to release on the 27th. I think the next one is out July 22nd, no?

1stStrike said:
We're up to the 5th. Expect the 6th in a few months. They're coming out quarterly.

I seriously doubt the entire story is going to be wrapped up in 6 movies (unless the manga has ended). Kinda sad. :( Makes me happy Gundam Unicorn is going to have a conclusive finish (well as conclusive as Gundam anime go).

Between this anime and Unicorn, I have my mecha anime fill though so can't complain. :cool:

Suairyu

Banned
From The Dust said:

click the image. make the contract
Denied. Magical girl animé is my least favourite genre. I got into Sailor Moon back in the day like everyone, but that was about my limit.

1stStrike

Banned
Dynedom said:
Totally forgot the Blu-ray for episode 05 was supposed to release on the 27th. I think the next one is out July 22nd, no?

I seriously doubt the entire story is going to be wrapped up in 6 movies (unless the manga has ended). Kinda sad. :( Makes me happy Gundam Unicorn is going to have a conclusive finish (well as conclusive as Gundam anime go).

Between this anime and Unicorn, I have my mecha anime fill though so can't complain. :cool:

Yeah, it's not. The manga is still ongoing, in fact. So, to get the rest of it you're going to have to read the manga - though, it gets quite good later on. Like, really good.

Xelinis

Suairyu said:
Denied. Magical girl animé is my least favourite genre. I got into Sailor Moon back in the day like everyone, but that was about my limit.

Yeeaaa, I'd normally be with ya there, but this ain't your average magical girl series. A lot of anime circles have been regarding it as the Evangelion of the genre.

Suairyu said:

I don't think you understand what the show is actually about...

Suairyu said:

then watch this. really. and go in blind. it will not disappoint

1stStrike

Banned
Suairyu said:
Were the planned six episodes to test the waters of popularity for the show, with more made if financially viable?

Dunno, I haven't heard of any other planned episodes. Honestly, I don't think they really ever intended to do the entire manga. The production values and everything else of the 1 hour episodes are much higher then you'd normally see in most anime. It'd be a let down visually if they turned it into a regular anime series after this, IMO.

Geneijin

Dynedom said:

The anime has a confirmed original ending, and it has deviated from the manga since Episode 5. I can say this with certainty.

If you really want to know if the anime will be over, highlight this:
it's over.

1stStrike said:
Dunno, I haven't heard of any other planned episodes. Honestly, I don't think they really ever intended to do the entire manga. The production values and everything else of the 1 hour episodes are much higher then you'd normally see in most anime. It'd be a let down visually if they turned it into a regular anime series after this, IMO.
Well, this is an OVA series, not a TV series. It's why the production values are so high to begin with than a typical TV anime. If this were to get a TV series by some miracle, expect much worse pacing and lower production values sadly. And if a TV series were to happen, it'll most likely be a reboot.

There won't be more BB after this.

Just began watching. The fights in ep 3 en 4 are plain awesome.

I also love the fact that quartz is one of the best explanations of how mechs could realistically exist in a world. It's all limited by the abilities of the user. A stronger user has a stronger mech as a result. The only exception is the main protagonist.

Oh, and ep 5 has been subbed and released.

Ashes

Banned
From The Dust said:
maybe people stopped caring

I was gonna avatar quote, but neogaf's image policy has made the task difficult.

The image being saved on the neogaf server on something...
*goes off to the stupid questions thread for help*

BTW for you PS3 owners out there, get TSMuxer to convert these 1080p MKVs into M2TS files that will play natively on the PS3. It doesn't even re-encode or anything, the process will take about 5 minutes for each episode.

hteng

Banned
watched ep5, story is as lame as it gets, how can the golem move for more than 10mins when it's timer clearly says 1min. And wow such a good idea to go after a deserter (not really) while your teammates are getting raped, one is dead too.

in ep4, why the fuck would you wanna march into a trap (pincer) formation while you already have high ground, oh because the enemy's leader is in the open and like... 213483954359km away! lets get him!

Some of these scenarios are stupidly presented, its like the characters lack any common sense.

that said, i like the fight scenes in ep5, i still dislike how there are still alot of awkward / still moments. like.. shit just stands around and do nothing.

wow, this looks pretty cool, no evidence of moe and all that.

downloading now.

there are lots of fanservice moments

X-Frame

Nice, can't wait to check out episode 5 later.

The end of 4 was awesome with the end duel setting up. Hope it's not a let down.

I dislike the fanservicey shit. I fail to see the point in making the girl 12 when she clearly looks 17-18 (it can barely be called pedophilia since she doesn't even look young). the loli also pisses me off. just one of the things I hate about anime. fucking retarded aging for the sake of pandering. jesus christ, Japan

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
From The Dust said:
I dislike the fanservicey shit. I fail to see the point in making the girl 12 when she clearly looks 17-18 (it can barely be called pedophilia since she doesn't even look young). the loli also pisses me off. just one of the things I hate about anime. fucking retarded aging for the sake of pandering. jesus christ, Japan

QsQEI.png

Confusing.

Uchip

Banned
From The Dust said:

fan service to me just seems like a cheap marketing ploy for horny teenagers (and ronery basement dwellers) and actually detracts from the quality of many shows.
But I do realize the target audience is into this stuff so I cant complain :|

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Uchip said:
fan service to me just seems like a cheap marketing ploy for horny teenagers (and ronery basement dwellers) and actually detracts from the quality of many shows.
But I do realize the target audience is into this stuff so I cant complain :|

I don't see the problem with a bit of fan service. The issue nowadays is that you have characters -or entire shows- that are nothing but that. Scantily-clad characters have been around for a long time, it's just that back then manga/anime had more substance to go along with it.

And it's made flat-out creepy when they do it with little girls.

Uchip

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
I don't see the problem with a bit of fan service. The issue nowadays is that you have characters -or entire shows- that are nothing but that.

And it's made flat-out creepy when they do it with little girls.

there are two very different kinds
the kind that is annoying is when it has no point to it whatsoever
Its almost like watching Indian movies and they have random music videos (often adding absolutely nothing of value to the story) scattered throughout.

edit: seriously, fuck bollywood

1stStrike

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Is there a subbed version of Episode 5 out yet?

Yep. It's out in the wild.

This was a brutal episode. I imagine that based on how things went for Rygart in this ep the next, and last one, is going to be filled with him kicking some serious ass.

My friend has been talking up this series (he's been reading the manga) so I think I'll check this out. I'm jumping in and out of Gaf while working on this spread sheet for work. I belive it was mentioned in this thread but I was skimming through. This was released on BR in Japan?

X-Frame

According to GG Subs, Episode 6 is coming out next month? That's quick.

Anyway, just finished episode 5. I don't know, but I just wasn't feeling it this time. A lot of .. "why would they do this?" moments.

1stStrike

Banned
I just finished reading the manga from start to finish. They changed a good deal in chapter 5 from what it was originally in the manga, most likely to accomodate the short length of the series. I expect episode 6 will mostly deviate from the manga as well.

For example, (several manga spoilers past what's been shown in the anime so far)
None of the people in Rygart's town were killed in the manga. The chieftan was shot and a woman and child died while escaping, but his brother and the rest of them get away and find refuge in the capital. Also, Rygart proclaims that HE will be a general while fighting Girge rather then the other way around. Oh, and Girge destroys like 5 guys single handedly and then gets captured and is shot in the head while pretending to be Rygart by General Borguise rather then sacrificing himself.

So, as you can see, there's a lot that's happened which is different from how they showed it in the anime on episode 5. I think that's the reason it felt weaker then the other episodes since they deviated from the actual storyline.

Why do these fucktard fansubbers always have to get so fancy with their encoding so that it doesn't work in anything... I'm trying to load these 1080p files in TSMuxer which has loaded every fucking MKV I've ever acquired in order to remux it to a M2TS file and put it on my PS3 and I get some error message saying it can't detect the stream type. How fucking hard is it to encode something in standard H.264 so everything can open it...

Kettch

5 was hard to take seriously with the main character acting like a complete idiot. Going after his brother was one thing, abandoning his rescuers to run off for absolutely no reason on the other hand was inexcusable. The blood of at least 2 more people on his hands, probably many more. I had to laugh when the other guy was telling him exactly what was up, that he left his comrades to die, and it just made him angry for some odd reason. Instead of, you know, going back to help.

Still, nice eye candy as usual.

Ashes

Banned
polyh3dron said:
Why do these fucktard fansubbers always have to get so fancy with their encoding so that it doesn't work in anything... I'm trying to load these 1080p files in TSMuxer which has loaded every fucking MKV I've ever acquired in order to remux it to a M2TS file and put it on my PS3 and I get some error message saying it can't detect the stream type. How fucking hard is it to encode something in standard H.264 so everything can open it...

old man say: be grateful..... ;)

Ashes1396 said:
old man say: be grateful..... ;)
polyh3dron say: don't be dumb while encoding....

it's not just this subbing group, the majority of these sub groups for some reason decide to encode their video with esoteric variants of codecs that break compatibility with a lot of stuff.

and they say "bubububu download the CCCP codec pack", that pack won't make TSMuxer load these vids.

hteng

Banned
Kettch said:
5 was hard to take seriously with the main character acting like a complete idiot. Going after his brother was one thing, abandoning his rescuers to run off for absolutely no reason on the other hand was inexcusable. The blood of at least 2 more people on his hands, probably many more. I had to laugh when the other guy was telling him exactly what was up, that he left his comrades to die, and it just made him angry for some odd reason. Instead of, you know, going back to help.

Still, nice eye candy as usual.

exactly what i thought, the characters are all idiots and lack any common sense. I don't know how it's in the manga but there's no excuse to create such lousy script.

I agree Kettch, now the blood of others is really on his hands.

polyh3dron said:
polyh3dron say: don't be dumb while encoding....

it's not just this subbing group, the majority of these sub groups for some reason decide to encode their video with esoteric variants of codecs that break compatibility with a lot of stuff.

and they say "bubububu download the CCCP codec pack", that pack won't make TSMuxer load these vids.

It also glitches in VLC.

1stStrike

Banned
I ended up playing episode 5 in KMPlayer. It at least played without any issues in it.

For those interested in seeing how episode 5 played out in the manga, read chapter 26 and onwards of the manga for comparison.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Man I just took a long break from anime, thanks for this thread I went back to it.

Yeah Break Blade is awesome, reminded me of the gundam in the good old day without all the teenager with their emotion problems.

I going to hate myself for watching this, since the manga isn't even complete, and there are no guarantee that the anime will catch up once the manga is finish.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Actually Blade Break I is complete. Which is a bit baffling since they could have fit everything into these first 6 episodes.

Didn't like the change to Girge at all. No him vs all 4 of their commanders, no sad death saving Rygart. Fuck this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom