• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5 interim thread - the series concludes Summer 2013 on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfoot

I always say it but I loved Carmella. I gave my TV virtual high fives when she laid the smackdown. She was more likeable than Skyler was back in the day though. I don't even care about her any more I just keep up the hate for the lulz now. I also cheered for Tony though. I just cheer for characters I like.
I liked Carmella but hate Skylar... I'm not sure what that makes me? ;)

Ionian

Jesus Christ, the incessant moaning about Skylar is really starting to grate. There should be another thread for all the Skylar haters to come together so they can bitch and whinge.

Bigfoot

Jesus Christ, the incessant moaning about Skylar is really starting to grate. There should be another thread for all the Skylar haters to come together so they can bitch and whinge.
It takes two sides to argue Dude.

Maybe we need a pro-Skysky thread and an anti-Skylar thread for Season 5B.

kehs

Banned
Who wants to bet on whether hank takes the book with him or not?

My money is on no, because it would seem like a warrant less search and seizure type shit.

Carmella was a terrible character. She had her moments when she stood up to Tony, but, she was mostly willingly blind to Tonys crimes. Unlike Skyler, Carmella was fully aware of who Tony really was and what he was doing, and she purposely chose to ignore it, and associate with Tonys underlings.

Carmella wasn't blind. She partook in things willingly. She even said so herself in the Pax Soprana episode in season one. "My husband has done terrible things. And I stood by him because I wanted nice things and security".

She had more character development in season 1 of the sopranos than skyler has had in five seasons of breaking bad.

Also, Tony works as a character largely because we got the Greek chorus with doctor Melphi. You could see all sides of Tony based on who he interacted with. Walt doesn't work that way at all in the context of the show.

Getting offended for people calling out bad opinions is complete bullshit. Most cases for Skyler being called the worst part of Breaking Bad are simplistic preferences at best, emotionally and mentally blind observations at worst.

"I want to have an opinion and not have it be questioned" is entitlement. Sorry.

What is with you people resorting to insults and personal attacks for having an opinion about a character on a TV show? I don't like Skyler because she's the least interesting and least entertaining part of the show. I find her segments boring and a chore to watch. For me, she doesn't really add anything compelling at least in comparison to every other character on the show. How that makes me a misogynist or my opinion "bullshit" is truly beyond me. You know these people aren't real and this is fictional tv right? Don't get me wrong, I get invested in shows as well but there seems to be a lot of hatred and elitism when it comes to "Skyler supporters" for lack of a better term. I don't see how not liking Skyler is so unreasonable to the point you have to insult someone or question their intelligence. Im not saying my opinion can't be questioned and I don't have a sense of entitlement. It's the "Holier than thou" elitism crap that simply attacks someones opinion rather than constructively debate it. It's really unnecessary behavior IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom