• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of Thunder - Kickstarter for solo developed 90s style JRPG

fart town usa

Gold Member

By no means mind blowing but Jerrell is a good guy and he puts in a lot of effort to make the games that he usually gives out for free or for cheap on 3DS, Switch, etc.

He's also the guy who made the final Wii U eShop game. Horror style game that utilizes the Wiimote, balance board, gamepad, etc. One last hurrah for the Wii U.

So please spare the negativity you might feel towards the stretch goals, the internet already pushed back on this guy for typical reasons and poo poo'd it. He's just a regular guy out in Australia trying to make games for a small audience.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Weird platform choices. I feel like his time would be better spent porting the game to platforms other than the Vita and Atari VCS.
Agreed. It's just what he does though. He's always working on some type of game for consoles and handhelds that aren't supported. Most of his stuff is on Switch too though.

ReBurn

Gold Member
It looks like the stretch goals have been removed.
At first I was struggling to understand what tier to support at if I want to actually get a copy of the game. The "choose this to have a shot at getting a physical copy" had me scratching my head. The ones with beta roms or whatever feel like a "help me test without me asking you to help me test" vibe. When I looked yesterday I only saw two tiers that mentioned actually getting a copy the game. It looks like they updated it since last time I looked.

I'm down for supporting games via crowdfunding but at first this kickstarter seemed like it was organized by a six year old who ran out of Ritalin. I don't know that I feel as though they're organized enough to deliver. Probably good that they removed the stretch goals.

Top Bottom