• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit | OT3 | A Feast for Crows

Zaph

This all sounds like somebody talking for both parties - like a judge overseeing a court.

Does she still not realise we're on the back foot here?

stuiggs07

Neo Member
So basically we're gonna make it up as we go along, and then whatever the end result is claim that that was the plan from the get go and that its a major success....FML

jufonuk

not tag worthy
She's basically saying the UK deserves something better than ANY OTHER NATION ON THE PLANET because reasons.

yeah this is what I am getting now.

shame on you EU for all this crap you have given us, go to your room and think about what you have done.

despite being rude and twats we are getting the best on our terms, you will allow this because UK.

this is going to be some weird fucking fudge deal....

wait may is going all fucking pain in the ass etc and just so all over the place the EU will have no choice just to be "just fuck off here you go leave us alone, take your fucking deal.. piss off "

This all sounds like somebody talking for both parties - like a judge overseeing a court.

Does she still not realise we're on the back foot here?

No no, you're confused, we can't be on the backdoor by definition because we're British and everyone else just needs to give us everything.

Plum

"What's your favorite idea? Mine is being imaginative and creative."

latest

theaface

Blair spinning in his political grave. Boris spinning in his zipline harness. No one knows what the fuck any of this means.

"So what I'm saying is that all options we know of are shit and we, the glorious Empire, will surely be creative enough to find something new before the deadline"

Nevasleep

I think it's an okay speech so far.
Makes sense to sell the EU and emphasize the partnership to aid negotiations.

What were other people expecting?

CTLance

This speech has been pointless so far, and will so nothing to prompt negotiations further.
Hey, May and Co get a nice little vacation in Florence out of this, so it wasn't pointless, even if she stops midway through and just walks off camera.

8bit

Knows the Score
Is she trying to play for time by asking for a new overseeing council or something? I have no idea what this is supposed to achieve.

Zaph

Shared History
Shared Challenges
Shared Future

Yeah, no. The EU aren't "in" this with us. We're the ones with a fucking challenge ahead.

theaface

Something realistic, tangible, deliverable and not based entirely in double-speak and fantasy. So far it's been platitudes and a list of solutions that won't do for the super-democratic will of the British people.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Shared History
Shared Challenges
Shared Future

Yeah, no. The EU aren't "in" this with us. We're the ones with a fucking challenge ahead.

challenges like global warming and russia or whatever. Not who gets to sell cheese in Tesco.

Because this is literally not advancing negotiations at all

Not taking a position, just saying every position is shit and we have to think of something

How vague can you be

chadskin

We are six months into the two-year negotiations. The speech does very little to substantially advance these negotiations.

The other member states of the EU know what the benefits of the EU are. It's tantamount to writing a whole list of the reasons you should be wary of heights to a crowd of adults are well aware, only to then go to that 400ft bungee jumping place in the UK and take a running leap off the cliff sans bungee cord, in the belief you'll be ok because everyone you just gave that speech to will come up With a "creative solution".

jufonuk

not tag worthy
indefinite transitional period, that no one talks about..

regime?"!? I hate that word.

here is some money.

The hard right of her supporters who are hearing this and want us to just leave are going to walk right over to UKIP, I'd bet.

If this speech leads to a further drop in the polls for May, she has to go, surely? If she can't keep the Brexit bloc united she'll be allowing Corbyn into Number 10.

Zaph

This is like your team is utterly fucking up the game, and your coach goes and gives a pep talk in wrong bloody locker room.

oti

Banned
Ohohoh let me tell you, Prime Minister. The world's view on the UK has somewhat changed since the referendum.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
EU is like who let this drunk nutter in, OK they have spoken enough.

wait so may is like were leaving dont fuck this up for us EU, otherwise it is your fault fuck you..

Top Bottom