• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bright Memory Infinite - Next-Gen Trailer

Arkam

This looks really solid, one guy made this?

As soon as I saw "shiny" I thought "well it is using RayTracing." I hope RT is more than just shiny surfaces next gen
I assume one guy... plus some contracted work. I use to buy all my art (logos/fonts/models) and then do all the rest myself when I use to make mobile games on the side. Huge time saver and surprisingly cheap if you know which markets to outsource to ;)

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
This game is awesome(talking about early access version on Steam). It's like first person DMC/Destiny hibrid. It is more than a cute story about one guy makes a decent game. I had so much fun while playing it. It was the only good thing about Xbox conference. Thank you Phil.

It's like a demo though, 30-120 minutes of gameplay tops.. If you buy it on Steam, you will get full version when it comes out.

Great achievment kid(only dev i can call kid right now so i can't miss this chance).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, this game didn't do anything for me. I thought the preview footage looked awesome, but I played it for 40 minutes or so on Steam and got a refund. The whole thing just felt very cheap, and well, to be fair, it was cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

INC

Personally, this game didn't do anything for me. I thought the preview footage looked awesome, but I played it for 40 minutes or so on Steam and got a refund. The whole thing just felt very cheap, and well, to be fair, it was cheap.

As a 'wow one dude made this' its amazing

But doesn't look very engaging as a game, perhaps with another years and ms team helping it could of been something to stand out

Still amazing achievement

FeldMonster

It looks fun, I always liked games with good mobility. It doesn't seem "Titanfall great", but it does have more diverse moves. Will definitely keep an eye on it.
The game being made by one single guy, I just hope he didn't bite more than he can chew.

TBH I'm not even able to remember that title for more than a few seconds. Right now I couldn't tell what it is without looking at the thread title. :p
I struggled with remembering the name at first. It does have the "word salad" problem that many non-native English games have, but then I made the simple connection of Halo Infinite - Bright Memory Infinite, and I'm good.

Matsuchezz

Was this the only game featuring ray tracing? I agree that it looks nice. But at the same time the guy is trowing all the effects at one time, that you do not know what to look at any given time to appreciate it fully. probably was scripted. Someone should create a thread regarding RT Implementation in the games thta were showcased. I was trying to look for RT but i was no able to spot it in other games.

Was this the only game featuring ray tracing? I agree that it looks nice. But at the same time the guy is trowing all the effects at one time, that you do not know what to look at any given time to appreciate it fully. probably was scripted. Someone should create a thread regarding RT Implementation in the games thta were showcased. I was trying to look for RT but i was no able to spot it in other games.

DF says that The Medium and Chorus are using some RT too

Matsuchezz

DF says that The Medium and Chorus are using some RT too

i will replay the trailers of those.
What i want and i would like to see in MS’s first party showing is the hw based RT “GAME CHANGER” effect that they are selling in game and i do not want DF To tell me that it is there or run the video On a tool to prove me at a 400% zoom that an effect is turn on.
I do not care for the fancy names they gave to tech within xsx i just want to see great games in action or at least real time demos running on the box and not see that crappy disclaimer on each video Or game that they are going to show on july. Is that too much to ask?

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
This game is awesome(talking about early access version on Steam). It's like first person DMC/Destiny hibrid. It is more than a cute story about one guy makes a decent game. I had so much fun while playing it. It was the only good thing about Xbox conference. Thank you Phil.

It's like a demo though, 30-120 minutes of gameplay tops.. If you buy it on Steam, you will get full version when it comes out.

Great achievment kid(only dev i can call kid right now so i can't miss this chance).

I can't wait to try it myself

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Edge Magazine, August 2020 Issue 347, Page 48-49
jn6Oia.png

jn6Hde.png

stranno

I just noticed the Supernatural Science Research Organization (SRO). It's either not supernatural or not science.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
Wait so this game was announced for the next gen Xbox all these months ago with a big ol’ in game actual gameplay trailer?

If it has multiplayer I’m interested based on what I just watched. Looks like Titanfall + Crysis + bulletstorm

Bernkastel

Wait so this game was announced for the next gen Xbox all these months ago with a big ol’ in game actual gameplay trailer?

If it has multiplayer I’m interested based on what I just watched. Looks like Titanfall + Crysis + bulletstorm
It does not have multiplayer. Also, a lot of launch window games like The Medium, Call of the Sea and Exo One have gameplay trailers.

CamHostage

It always had actual gameplay of it, even back when it was first announced as a PS4 game (and other platforms; I assume it's still planned for current-gen?) You can also go play that actual gameplay (or a demo of it, without the RTX features, and in a limited play capacity) through the Steam release of the Bright Memory initial episode.

Heck, you might be able to play it on your phone.

alstrike

I might be in the minority here but apart from the 60fps I don't think it looks that great.

Then again I just watched the Quantum Error video and this looks like Crysis next to it :messenger_beaming:

JLMC469

Banned
I might be in the minority here but apart from the 60fps I don't think it looks that great.

Then again I just watched the Quantum Error video and this looks like Crysis next to it :messenger_beaming:

I think it’s just 1 person working on this game.

baphomet

Unless they do some massive improvements to the gameplay from the original, don't get your hopes up too much.

It does look amazing, but after playing Bright Memory, I'm not really looking forward to this.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I think this looks good I like the cutscenes too. The combat looks like it can get tense

Last edited:
Unless they do some massive improvements to the gameplay from the original, don't get your hopes up too much.

It does look amazing, but after playing Bright Memory, I'm not really looking forward to this.
Bingo lol

I got bright memory on pc....it looks okay at times but....eh lol

Portugeezer

Quantum error only got some attention because the devs were talking about the PS5 when we were looking for any news about PS5.

Could end up good, visually it's just meh.

Banned

the original was made by a single person as a tiny prove of concept game

Entroyp

Looks interesting, I’m definitely checking it out.

Oh wait... this is not coming to PS5? I guess it will have to wait until I have a gaming PC.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks solid.

But coming from a 1-man team(?), I don't see how it can be a AAA game with fleshed out gameplay and modes or whatnot.

Might be an all sizzle, no steak game where it looks nice, but in reality it might be a canned and repetitive 3 hour game with zero replayability.

No issue with me though. It's a Gamepass download.

Last edited:

Neo_game

Looks great as usual but why no release date. This was suppose to come on PC by end of this year. Also no mention of consoles yet ?

Bernkastel

I thought of quoting people, but fuck it. Do people here think that games launching this soon like The Medium and Bright Memory Infinite are not running on Xbox Series X, when they have shown several gameplay trailers?
Not releasing on PS5 tho.
It will come to PS5, but the dev said right now he is only focused on the Series X version.

Last edited:

kyoji

Not releasing on PS5 tho.
It is a PS5/XSX title, this is not new, news.

I thought of quoting people, but fuck it. Do people here think that games launching this soon like The Medium and Bright Memory Infinite are not running on Xbox Series X, when they have shown several gameplay trailers?

It will come to PS5, but the dev said right now he is only focused on the Series X version.
Bright Memory is listed as 2021, with no month or date set so that could be who knows how long. Also footage captured was from a PC with targeted specs for console, thats not the same as up and running on the console hardware is it? I'm sure they will show it actually running on hardware eventually but they have not on a series X like you are implying yet.

longdi

Banned
the animations clearly tells us it is a budget production,

imo if the artists working on this title reads this, i find the presentation too busy. Either the contrast or the color grading is wrong, or too much effects, cant see shit.

Top Bottom