• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bringing It House: The Official Thread Of The Microsoft GDC 2008 Keynote

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Stinkles said:
And you were so looking forward to MS' 08 lineup.

j61umo.gif

Just not the same without a Bungie game, ya know. You guys should get a game out annually.

IoCaster

jstevenson said:
Just not the same without a Bungie game, ya know. You guys should get a game out annually.

Just a wild guess, but maybe Bungie sells enough copies of their games that it's not necessary?

*shrug*

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh my goodness - The Dishwasher is getting bought on day one - this game is quality, not to mention it's like a 2D Ninja Gaiden 2!

I saw a YouTube version of the trailer, and wow, playing it in 1080p is sweet - excellent presentation with the menus and cutscenes too!

It's going to be a long night trying out all of the XNA games...

And oh yeah, how could I forget to mention how cool Fable 2 sounded? I gotta catch up on the vids in pics in a while too!

Awesome GDC MS!

EDIT: I just checked the movelist - damn this game IS Ninja Gaiden in 2D, plain and simple - you can even upgrade your combos per weapon too... nice!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
jstevenson said:
I don't know man, when a game is good enough for 3 years or so, why rush things?

WrikaWrek

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Considering this thread shat out about ten other threads, I'd say that's a slightly inaccurate assessment.

;D

Really? I mean why couldn't you link all the shit in the O.P benjamin?

You gonna make me look in other threads?

Opus Angelorum said:
There are keynotes from neither.

oh.....umm, did they at least show up? considering last year (or was it year before?) Sony showed home for the 1st time i cant imagine how/why they'd not have anything to present for this year? you'd think they'd have more to show about home integration or PSN or something.

pswii60

Opus Angelorum said:
Yeah the Rare no-show is very strange.
Well, it is only GDC. They're still sitting on Alan Wake, Banjo, Halo Wars, Peter Jackson's Halo project, and Lionhead and Rare's second "soon-to-be-announced" projects. Fable 2 alone is just simply jaw-dropping to me - so beautiful and innovative, love the idea of the dog AI too!

deepbrown

bdizzle said:
oh.....umm, did they at least show up? considering last year (or was it year before?) Sony showed home for the 1st time i cant imagine how/why they'd not have anything to present for this year? you'd think they'd have more to show about home integration or PSN or something.
Tomorrow.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
cjelly said:
What the fuck did I just read?

A guy in charge of graphics at Rare is going to do a persentation. Hopefully he shows off bits and pieces of the R1 engine in his presentation

DuckRacer

pswii60 said:
Well, it is only GDC. They're still sitting on Alan Wake, Banjo, Halo Wars, Peter Jackson's Halo project, and Lionhead and Rare's second "soon-to-be-announced" projects. Fable 2 alone is just simply jaw-dropping to me - so beautiful and innovative, love the idea of the dog AI too!
I'm willing to bet $50 imaginary dollars that BK3, Alan Wake, and Rare's second project will have cover stories on EGM, GI, and OXM before E3.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
my two cents:

Where's Alan Wake and Rare? I hope MS has some type of showing for them in the next 2-3 months. I know MS is in the mode of only unveiling a little at a time now rather than one huge showing, but I hope they don't forget to keep us interested in what Rare is doing.

AlteredBeast said:
No price drop announcement? Microsoft fails without a price drop...like soon!

They probably want some 360s on store shelves before they go announcing any pricedrop.

I'd imagine it'd be a few weeks before the launch of GTA4, I'm sure MS will make that part of their marketing strategy.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
who cares that it is a developers conference? The media will be covering this event at least a bit. A price drop at an event >> A random price drop in the middle of March. They instantly get more press out of a pricedrop associated with a big show.

They better drop it in March if they know what's good for them. :p

pswii60

Wollan said:
So what is going on with Halo Wars?
Shane Kim mentioned a couple of weeks ago at DICE that it's still coming out this year. They already ran over their 60 mins, I don't see how they could have fitted any more games in there.
Felix Lighter said:
Announcing a price drop seems a bit out of place at a developers conference.
Not to mention it's a bit of a silly time to drop the price. Nothing big is coming out between now and GTA IV. You're best doing a price drop soon before a big game.

WrikaWrek said:
Really? I mean why couldn't you link all the shit in the O.P benjamin?

You gonna make me look in other threads?

Heh.

I put the press release in there, brother. Whatever anyone else wants to focus on is up to them.

;D

RBH

Sounds like a pretty nice conference.

Fable 2 Co-op, new Ninja Gaiden 2 footage, Gears of War 2 teaser, and XNA becomes public. Not bad at all for a GDC keynote.

Would've liked something on Banjo 3 and Alan Wake, but oh well.

Top Bottom