• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S2 |OT| You Look Like A Boyz II Men Easter Album - Sun 8:30/7:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Pretty good premiere. Not as great as some of the episodes from the second-half of S1, but funny.

Quick

Banned
Off to a good start.

Jake simply being let back into the force after being in deep cover within the Mafia ranks is a bit off on me, since it just seemed so easy, but this is a comedy show and it's really something I shouldn't be worrying about anyway.

Terry continues to be ridiculous and hilarious.

Not much for Santiago and Diaz tonight, but we have all season for that stuff.

Gina and Charles! Them becoming a thing would be hilarious. I can see the writers work it up to them really becoming a weird couple as the season progresses. Maybe some hilarious reveal before Christmas to the 99, or the season finale. I wonder if they'll keep up that gag of them waking up together for every episode they end at the bar.

Jake and Santiago. Also probably going to be a season-long arc, or at least progress before Christmas.

I'll ship it:

112-003-brooklyn-nine-nine-the-bet-photos-lightbox-tbd.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Mmm, Santiago is back in my life... *sigh*

Solid episode, good work getting back from the finale's stuff.

The continuity nerd in me was annoyed by Peralta's shaggier hair remaining in place in a couple of the flashbacks.

TripOpt55

Jake was hilarious while undercover. Really liked the cutaways to what he missed when he returned too. Great episode. So good to have it back!

That was a great episode.

I was considering dropping the show, but if the rest of the season has this kind of quality, I'm definitely going to keep it.

Clevinger

good news (I think?):

Fox also aired the season premiere of The Simpsons (8.5 million, 3.9) climbing 35 percent on the promise that one character was going to be killed off (here’s our interview with a Simpsons producer explaining the choice). Fox sandwiched the return of Brooklyn Nine-Nine (5.4 million, 2.6) right in between The Simpsons and Family Guy and Andy Samberg comedy jumped to match last year’s premiere.

Jigorath

Banned
Funny premiere. I REALLY hope they don't go down the Amy/Jake route. That's what killed New Girl for me. Just because they're the main characters doesn't mean they have to hookup. The whole will they/won't they shtick was tired back in the 90s.

Now Boyle and Gina on the other hand? That's hilarious.

I was a little worried that this show might lose it's footing but it hasn't missed a step since the season 1 finale. What a hilarious premiere episode I haven't laughed like that in a long time.

Holt's Childhood journal, "Tick Tick Tick Tick", Gina/Boyle part 2, Jake undercover, Boyle with the locked car..... it was nonstop chuckles except for the bits where I was laughing my ass off proper. I need to watch that again because I'm sure I missed things over the sound of my own enjoyment but goddamn what a strong episode.

I really liked how they handled Jake/Amy and I don't really mind where they go with that story. I'm happy if they do or don't, and as long as it doesn't sink too much screentime I'm content. Gina/Boyle is where everything is at right now though.

Great news I'd say. I can't think of any show that has the same number of viewers in concurrent season premieres. Most shows go down throughout the season and jump up at premieres but not as high as the previous season so reaching that same level is a big thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom