• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S3 |OT| No Braugher, Just Hader - Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they should focus on the A story instead of trying to give every character a storyline in each episode. They usually have one decent story per episode and the rest is unfunny filler.

Doesn't help that I think the main character on the show is the least funny.

I think they should focus on the A story instead of trying to give every character a storyline in each episode. They usually have one decent story per episode and the rest is unfunny filler.

Doesn't help that I think the main character on the show is the least funny.

Sanberg is great when they let him do his thing. He needs to be cocky, successful but aloof, anti-authority but desperate to be liked. so... Season 1

VanWinkle

Sanberg is great when they let him do his thing. He needs to be cocky, successful but aloof, anti-authority but desperate to be liked. so... Season 1

Yup.

They're doing a similar mistake the Office made in its later seasons, which is incorporating all of the minor characters way more often. It dilutes the storylines. A lot of characters are just funnier in minor roles than bigger ones.

Grinchy

Banned
Yup.

They're doing a similar mistake the Office made in its later seasons, which is incorporating all of the minor characters way more often. It dilutes the storylines. A lot of characters are just funnier in minor roles than bigger ones.

This is definitely one of the major problems the show is having this season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yup.

Mhm. Archer suffers from this issue as well.

infi

"Oh, Bob."

Really enjoyed tonight's episode. Love Dennis Haysbert!

Yeah, I really liked this episode.

I love Holt's reaction when Diaz moved his lint.

"That's my lint. My lint is oblong. My lint is blue"

The way he delivers that line was great.

vypek

Mhm. Archer suffers from this issue as well.

I think it works better for Archer since they don't have as many stories running at once. Its just more interactions with other characters in the A and B stories. It seems to hurt a little more here because they use A, B and C stories.

-------------

I thought when the captain stayed behind with Bob that he might be a criminal but assumed I was just guessing wrong. Still liking the overarching stuff they have going. Captain remains my favorite character with how he delivers lines. Beatriz is really flexible. Kinda impressed.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Man the last episode was on fire. That damned Bob. I suspected there was more to him than just him being another Holt. I love how the show took this whole Burn Notice turn haha.

Man, I miss Burn Notice.

Quick

Banned
The Pimento/Figgus arc has been weird as hell, and the finale felt rushed, but it was still enjoyable.

I was hoping for a better subplot with Amy in prison, but in the end, it was fine.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
"You said he's crashing, here's a syringe!"

"Oh good, I'll use this to puncture his skin."

~

"So it's like, yeah maybe you're tired all the time because you're sick, LeAnne, or maybe you're just depressed because you live in Reno."

lol

That was a fun episode.

ZeroX03

Banned
I really liked that finale. I guess it is a way to have Amy off the first few months of the next season and still have Holt and Jake do their thing.

I am surprised they never got back to that one mobster that got away at the beginning of Season 2 when Jake came out of his undercover operation (Freddie, I think). I thought they would do something similar where he would try to get revenge of Jake.

you know im kind of glad they kept the Jake/ Amy relationship in tact this season and didnt really have stories focused on it or had any kind of breakup BS

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I loved it too. Like I said last week, it's taking a Burn Notice approach.

That's almost exactly where I stopped watching, and I used to love this show.
Should I jump back in?

No. The finale was cutesy rubbish. My wife and I stared at each other for a solid minute after it ended.. Where is the funny? Why did they feel this ending was a good idea or in anyway deserved?

We looked at each other unblinking waiting for the other to say the obvious. Instead we let out a mutual sigh and queued up Bobs Burgers to wash out the taste.

dmshaposv

The writing on the show has been top notch this season. Nice rebound.

For me, Season 3 was a huge improvement over Season 2 which dipped in quality.

S1 >> S3 > S2

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just watched the prison episode. Loved the meta joke about Santiago being pregnant.

Also, Charles at the end "I touched her boob! I need to tell Jake."

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No. The finale was cutesy rubbish. My wife and I stared at each other for a solid minute after it ended.. Where is the funny? Why did they feel this ending was a good idea or in anyway deserved?

We looked at each other unblinking waiting for the other to say the obvious. Instead we let out a mutual sigh and queued up Bobs Burgers to wash out the taste.
Did you watch the same finale as I did? It was very funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom