• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brothers in Arms - Give it some lovin'.

Odoul

Just saw the commercial and knew nothing about it. I know it was just CG but if the game is anything like that it should be intense/fun.

As an aside do you think we'll see games that look like that commercial this gen?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
got bored of the first one. i'll skip

also, 2 brother in arm games within 6-7 months? wtf

Mrbob

Wario64 said:
got bored of the first one. i'll skip

also, 2 brother in arm games within 6-7 months? wtf

WTF indeed.

I rented the first one. Decent fun.

Played the Earned in Blood demo, bored me to tears.

I'll wait for Call of Duty 2.

I loved the first one, am about halfway through the second. The great improvement in the second one is the AI, which is vastly improved. Even in the early levels the enemy moves around much more frequently making it harder to pin them down. This makes the battles more intense, as you're always looking for new positions to flank and pin down th enemy.

I would highly recommend this new one if you liked the last one, and if you haven't played either, I would get the first one first (it's pretty cheap now). The cool thing about these games is that instead of running and gunning, you've really got to take stock of the terrain and the situation. On top of that, the attention to detail in the sound and the great extras just top it off. Best WWII games ever, IMO.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GitarooMan said:
I loved the first one, am about halfway through the second. The great improvement in the second one is the AI, which is vastly improved. Even in the early levels the enemy moves around much more frequently making it harder to pin them down. This makes the battles more intense, as you're always looking for new positions to flank and pin down th enemy.

I would highly recommend this new one if you liked the last one, and if you haven't played either, I would get the first one first (it's pretty cheap now). The cool thing about these games is that instead of running and gunning, you've really got to take stock of the terrain and the situation. On top of that, the attention to detail in the sound and the great extras just top it off. Best WWII games ever, IMO.

Have you played the Co-Op online? Is it the single player game with a buddy?

DenogginizerOS said:
Have you played the Co-Op online? Is it the single player game with a buddy?

I haven't played in online co-op yet, haven't been doing much Live lately. My understanding though is that it's not the single player game. Rather, you can play co-op on like ten different maps, each with individual objectives. I think the maps stand on their own, they don't have a connection to the single player game.

I enjoyed the first BiA greatly, but I'm also a WW2 buff.
The MP was original and great, but I still wish they would have had a more traditional MP mode, along the lines of CoD.

I REALLY enjoyed the first (haven't finished it yet though). I felt it was one of th emost intense and "real" feeling shooters out there. Everything you do has a consequence on the battlefield.

Playing it in HD with surround... OMG!

Can't wait to get my paws on the second one, but I think they released it a bit early.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Shooters all come down to three things for me and BIA: EIB fulfills all three nicely:

1). A.I. -- I don't want to play straight up UT bots but I want the AI to be good enough on its own to maneuver through the levels, taking advantage of the environment, keeping dynamic so they're always gauging the situation as well as my movements, and more importantly, staying in character so that they feel lifelike in the context of the game. FEAR does a pretty good job in this respect, I think. The AI in FEAR isn't perfect, but it's challenging and keeps you company throughout your 10 hour walking tour of some water processing plant and a corporate office. :)

2). The weapons -- These are guns and as such, they need to feel heavy and lethal. The kickback, which is basically a combination of animation, sound, and control tweaks, has to feel believable and visceral. Again, look at FEAR. :)

3). Atmosphere -- 'nuff said. HL2, Condemned, FEAR, Doom 3, etc.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
chespace said:
Shooters all come down to three things for me and BIA: EIB fulfills all three nicely:

1). A.I. -- I don't want to play straight up UT bots but I want the AI to be good enough on its own to maneuver through the levels, taking advantage of the environment, keeping dynamic so they're always gauging the situation as well as my movements, and more importantly, staying in character so that they feel lifelike in the context of the game. FEAR does a pretty good job in this respect, I think. The AI in FEAR isn't perfect, but it's challenging and keeps you company throughout your 10 hour walking tour of some water processing plant and a corporate office. :)

2). The weapons -- These are guns and as such, they need to feel heavy and lethal. The kickback, which is basically a combination of animation, sound, and control tweaks, has to feel believable and visceral. Again, look at FEAR. :)

3). Atmosphere -- 'nuff said. HL2, Condemned, FEAR, Doom 3, etc.

IAWTP

A part of atmosphere has to be sound and BIA has some of the best. When an MG42 opens up and thumps the air, I am instantly focused on how to take it out. Great stuff.

FEAR on the next to hardest level is just plain CRACK! I have been having a blast removing the noggins with the stellar sniper/assault rifle. PC FPS's right now are really just awesome.

Che, have you tried the Co-Op yet in BIA:EIB on PC yet?

Top Bottom