• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brothers is $4.94 on Xbox Market

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
How long is the game? Hoping it's short tbh.

hltb says 3ish hours

sounds like the perfect length to me, and this sounds like something i'd enjoy

bought, and got to use my remaining $0.64 in ms monies before i switch to ps4!

everybody wins

Valkyria

Banned
I have 5€ left on my account and I don't know what to do. If Bully is that price maybe I rather play it and wait for brothers to be on sale in PSN, because I moved my indie games purchased to it like a year ago due to Psn plus and crossbuy.

Jac_Solar

and its not like it hasn't been on sale many times.

I rarely, if ever, use Steam, but my impression is that Chivalry is often on sale. It might just be promotion or whatever, though.

In any case, this made me wonder if the Chivalry multiplayer community actually votes on this; like it's suggested by the community to vote on Chivalry whenever there's a sale, to get more people to play, or just because they enjoy it so much. I don't know.

In any case, is there a rule, like, if you already own a game, you can't vote on it?

NeoGash

Bought it for $5 today. I love the developer (The Darkness is amazing) but I have not downloaded it yet. It looks really good, and the art is beautiful.

*fixed.

lfc11

Neo Member
Bought it! Really like the art style. It may be short (about 3 hours) but based on what I've read about it, it probably is worth the $5.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I really like this game, I've posted about it here in my GOTY vote.

Beware spoilers: I'm also having a pretty decent conversation over in the official thread here.

I think it's worth your time and money, to say the least.

NeoGash

Same price in the new january sale in the EU PS Store, with an additional discount for PS+ subscribers:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Was €14.99/AU$21.95/£49.99, now €4.94/AU$15.29/£3.95
Additional 10% discount for PS Plus

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/12/24/the-playstation-store-january-sale-starts-today/

Lol not for Australia, the PSN sale price is more than the standard XBL price. The AU PS Store is fucked and Sony need to fix it, everything is much more expensive on PSN in Australia. It makes my purchasing decisions so much easier though, as if the controller wasn't reason enough I get an additional slap in the face.

Standard price on XBL is $14.95. Sale price is $4.93 in Aus (1¢ cheaper than the U.S lol, before taking into account our bad exchange rate).

It is spectacularly both!
It's not a traditionally challenging game though, if that's your criteria for gameplay.
5 bucks for 3 hours of gameplay, not sure if worth it.
I know you're joking, but knowing that there are people who think like this irks me. Value isn't counted in hours. Brothers specifically is as good as it is because there is no filler, it just does what it needs to.

Into

Is MS going to do any more sort of Steam or PSN deals? I really want to pick up Forza 4 if they offer some sort of discount

NeoGash

Is MS going to do any more sort of Steam or PSN deals? I really want to pick up Forza 4 if they offer some sort of discount

Yep everyday until December is over. I'm hoping for Forza 4 season pass and Porsche expansion. Horizon went on sale for 50% off and the season pass for 7O% off a few days ago.

Gamerloid

Microsoft does what Steam doesn't

ts95EP5.jpg

Yep. I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure Brothers would win. Maybe it'll return and get it this time.

Lijik

Hmm, I might get Brothers - but is it more story or gameplay focused?

Its both! I dont think either side is particularly great outside of a few moments (contrary to most people), but its a healthy mix. It also doesnt have full on dialogue or cutscenes like most games, so that might be of interest.

FoneBone

Hmm, I might get Brothers - but is it more story or gameplay focused?

Gameplay is there in the sense that you're controlling characters rather than just watching cutscenes, but it's simple and not very challenging. But the gameplay is used for very effective storytelling.

The game is alright. It has an interesting mechanic, but ultimately it serves boring/easy gameplay.

As for the narrative, maybe it's because I finished The Walking Dead just before playing Brothers, but I'm getting tired of cliched storytelling in which innocent people witness horrible things, or do horrible things just to get an emotional response from the player.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Nice. Was gonna get it for the PS3, but this is too good to pass up right now.

E92 M3

It is spectacularly both!

Its both! I dont think either side is particularly great outside of a few moments (contrary to most people), but its a healthy mix. It also doesnt have full on dialogue or cutscenes like most games, so that might be of interest.

Gameplay is there in the sense that you're controlling characters rather than just watching cutscenes, but it's simple and not very challenging. But the gameplay is used for very effective storytelling.

Thanks guys - I'll give it a whirl. For 5 bucks it can't hurt.

Top Bottom