• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

FrankT

How long do they expect to have the Epic edition around. Only through pre-orders? Still thinking about hitting this up, but the demo didn't do a whole lot for me so reviews are key.

Tokubetsu

Stallion Free said:
Yay, they could still sell me on it.
If it's anything like 360 demo, you might not be. Don't give a fuck about leaderboard arcade bullshit, I want this for a Rick Remender b scifi singleplayer

S1kkZ

"giant cloud of impending doom right behind us!"

played for 2 hours and i like it but it has some problems (only visual).
-the god ray effect looks awesome but it comes with a price. the objects "in" the god ray get heavy aliasing effects and are sometimes rendered at a lower resolution (like the dust in gt5 but not as bad).
-graphic quality is inconsistend. most of the time it looks great, sometimes it looks fucking awesome and then there spots where the game looks awful.
-no slowdowns, tearing or other issues.

other than that, i really like it. so far, the game is not at all like the demo. crazy combo shit is kept to an absolute minimum, good story (and a lot of that), great pacing.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Square Triangle said:
It amazes me that they can't pump out a PC demo before launch. Two companies that started on the PC. ffs.
They can. I'm guessing that they don't want the typical launch bugs, driver problems and hardware configuration issues to cost them pre-orders. Every PC game gets a beta release, one way or the other.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Tokubetsu said:
If it's anything like 360 demo, you might not be. Don't give a fuck about leaderboard arcade bullshit, I want this for a Rick Remender b scifi singleplayer
Yeah, I'm hoping it's some singleplayer stuff. I played the arcade shit on my PS3 and I didn't enjoy it at all because I don't enjoy arcade mode shit and the game felt terrible on the DS3.

Teknoman

S1kkZ said:

-the god ray effect looks awesome but it comes with a price. the objects "in" the god ray get heavy aliasing effects and are sometimes rendered at a lower resolution (like the dust in gt5 but not as bad).
-graphic quality is inconsistend. most of the time it looks great, sometimes it looks fucking awesome and then there spots where the game looks awful.

other than that, i really like it. so far, the game is not at all like the demo. crazy combo shit is kept to an absolute minimum, good story (and a lot of that), great pacing.

I knew it :D

S1kkZ

Teknoman said:
I knew it :D
dont get me wrong: the combo system is still there but they take there time to introduce it and it is not required to achieve anything (so far). just got my second weapon, combos get a more important (because you can do more stuff).

the first hour is pretty lame (aside from the first 20 minutes) but after that, its just awesome.

Teknoman

S1kkZ said:
dont get me wrong: the combo system is still there but they take there time to introduce it and it is not required to achieve anything (so far). just got my second weapon, combos get a more important (because you can do more stuff).

the first hour is pretty lame (aside from the first 20 minutes) but after that, its just awesome.

Well yeah, I mean I knew that the score system would just be a side thing in conjunction with the main story/gameplay.

S1kkZ

my god this game is fucking awesome!
spoilers chapter 2.3, no story spoilers just level/setting
right now i am in a futuristic theme park, the main attraction are godzilla like robotic monsters. first you walk around in a miniature city (feels and looks like a futuristic godzilla set) and kill standard enemies. then one of the robotic godzillas goes nuts and you try to get away. now comes the fun part: you manage to get the remote and control the thing for a little bit and fuck up some enemies

Between the demo and the $20 credit from Amazon, I'm in. I knew NOTHING about this game last week, and now I'm excited for Tuesday. Demo was hilarious and very well done. I like the style of the writing. Seems like high replay value too.

mr stroke

S1kkZ said:

360 Version?

S1kkZ

mr stroke said:
360 Version?
yes but it gets much better later on. after the first sub-boss, the graphics start to look much nicer. overall, the game looks very good (lots of shit going on, much variety, no tearing or framerate problems, great use of colour).

ciccione

I am on act 2.3. I did'n t beleive how awesome is this game. I am completely addicted: the gameplay is extremely varied and very very funny to play. What amazed me more is the graphics: the game has style, you completely changhes ambientation within 10 minutes and the amount of detail is stunning. Sometimes exotic places a la far cry, sometimes mines or ships, but everithing is consistent. But expecially the gameplay already showed a few 'ooohh' moments. 9/10 so far

S1kkZ

ciccione said:
I am on act 2.3. I did'n t beleive how awesome is this game. I am completely addicted: the gameplay is extremely varied and very very funny to play. What amazed me more is the graphics: the game has style, you completely changhes ambientation within 10 minutes and the amount of detail is stunning. Sometimes exotic places a la far cry, sometimes mines or ships, but everithing is consistent. But expecially the gameplay already showed a few 'ooohh' moments. 9/10 so far
i agree, game is fantastic. so much variety.

bulovski

Neo Member
Got the PS3 version. EA you pricks - you decide to give a printed manual here but none for Mass Effect 2.

Played a couple of hours and decent. There are some nice moments - there's a Gears deja vu at places.

Graphics are inconsistent - it will look nice even in torrid action, and in the next cutscene look absolute shit.

Ch 1.2 spoiler:
Loved the train level, it was madness

S1kkZ

bulovski said:
Got the PS3 version. EA you pricks - you decide to give a printed manual here but none for Mass Effect 2.

Played a couple of hours and decent. There are some nice moments - there's a Gears deja vu at places.

Graphics are inconsistent - it will look nice even in torrid action, and in the next cutscene look absolute shit.
some cutscenes use bink and the ps3 version is missing some effects.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Fuck... really want to play this game, but I've got a legal brief to work on this whole next week, so I'm not going to be able to play for like... a week after the game comes out. Maybe I should just preload it on Steam so I can have it ready for a marathon when I have the time.

The PS3 version has tech. issues? Is it really that difficult for the UE to work with the PS3? Also I was just looking at my stores reserves

360 version- Over 30
PS3 version- 2

I really didn't even expect those two reservations =O

S1kkZ

Square Triangle said:
The PS3 version has tech. issues?
only played the first 20 minutes (a friend of mine bought the ps3 version today): slight tearing issues, framerate is not as smooth (but good enough), god rays are very toned down (maybe missing).

S1kkZ

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
So nothing dramatic then?
wait for the df comparison if you really care. maybe there more problems later on, but so far: no, nothing dramatic but it looks worse.

Lakitu

st5fu
Ugh, too many games to buy and play. Still haven't bought AC:B yet. May get this when it goes down in price.

I don't think I'll bother with the GOW 3 beta.

S1kkZ

question for the guys that used their epic/limited edition code: does it really unlock exclusive stuff or does it just unlock the stuff you can unlock by playing? i can unlock 14 echoes maps, so are there 20 if you redeem the code?

eshwaaz

I really like what I'm reading from ciccione and S1kkZ so far; I feared the game would be all combo focused, and nothing else. My only remaining concern at this point is that the story mode will be very short.

Does anyone else feel like Bulletstorm is this generations Black? a FPS offering something more but once it's released and people play it we won't see or hear about it ever again.

It's not like I want that to happen, I just get the feeling the GoW beta will be the sole reason this sells. The demo made it feel like it was the perfect rental, I hope I'm wrong.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Watching some walkthroughs of the first 20 min of the game i have to say that there is actual story here. Comedic story that is somewhat funny involving drunk rednecks in space.

S1kkZ said:
wait for the df comparison if you really care. maybe there more problems later on, but so far: no, nothing dramatic but it looks worse.
That's fine, I don't play a ton of MP, but I do like to on occasion, but not enough to get Live. So long as it isn't a clusterfuck I'm okay with it.

Teknoman

Both (well BS on PC and KZ3 on PS3).

Really its going to cater to different play styles in the long run too, since BS's multiplayer is more or less co-op.

Denzar

Bulletstorm got a 90% from OPM Benelux.

Pro's:

- Breath of fresh air for the shooter genre
- High replayability

Con's:
- Companion AI
- No "sandbox mode" (whatever)

Laugh if old.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Neuromancer said:
My understanding it's a tit that looks like a dick. I could be wrong though.

Oh. I was thinking it was a dick that looked like a tit, but I guess that makes more sense.

Actually, what would make the most sense is if it's a dick and the balls look like tits. So it would be like the dick's tits, if you know what I mean. Something to think about, I guess.

grkazan12

Too hard to decide still is anyone on GAF planning to get it for PC and willing to try out the MP? and speaking of MP is it basically like a horde mode?

Ended up playing the demo for 3 hours last night trying to figure out new trickshots. I got more out of this really small demo than most retail releases. How many weapons are in the final game?

Aske

thegriefer said:
ps3 players are you guys getting this over killzone 3?

Hell yes. I thought KZ2 was just...fine. Played it once, loved the level design, thought the gameplay was okay, and didn't really enjoy the atmosphere or characters. I'm curious about KZ3, but last time I checked, the campaign demo was for PSN+ members only. So I just thought "fuck it". If someone confirms it's now available, I'll download it and give it a shot with an open mind. But after the second game, I can't see the new one catching my interest.

I'm way more excited about Duke Nukem and Bulletstorm than Killzone 3.

Teknoman

Deepack said:
Bulletstorm got a 90% from OPM Benelux.

Pro's:

- Breath of fresh air for the shooter genre
- High replayability

Con's:
- Companion AI
- No "sandbox mode" (whatever)

Laugh if old.

Aw yeah.

I really really hope there will be people around for the co-op horde mode on PC.

Top Bottom