• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Day 2011 | Bungie Bids Halo Farewell

Dam that is going to be very weird with no Bungie and Halo. With Halo 2 i got certain memories that are unlike anything else in gaming. Hope they comment on how Halo 4 turns out and future titles from Halo.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Something deep down tells me Bungie will return to Halo. Maybe not for quite a while, but they will return in time.

Like I said, I'm down to play tonight, and then for the big event tomorrow if anyone wants to party up. Devin and Ghaleon, since you were at the PAX meet-up I feel an obligation to win steak with you. :p

GhaleonEB

Deadly Cyclone said:
Like I said, I'm down to play tonight, and then for the big event tomorrow if anyone wants to party up. Devin and Ghaleon, since you were at the PAX meet-up I feel an obligation to win steak with you. :p
Any party I'm in won't be winning steak! :lol

I hope the B v W playilst has an epic cR payout.

Hey You

Devin Olsen said:
Can't wait!

I am going to buy a BBQ for the steaks that will likely be in the mail by tomorrow evening ;)
Well considering in the fine print it said winners will be contacted on or around July 11th, I would do more research on a BBQ :p

Deadly Cyclone said:
Something deep down tells me Bungie will return to Halo. Maybe not for quite a while, but they will return in time.
I hope not. It seems like Bungie's burnt out on Halo and assuming 343i does an excellent job with the franchise, there's no reason for Microsoft to welcome Bungie back.

Sec0nd

Oh man there are sending actual steaks! That is awesome, Bungie is god damn awesome! Some of my best gaming experiences are from Halo 2 and 3. Every MP game I still play to this date I compare to Halo 2 and 3.

NOKYARD

For those who cannot wait for Bungie Day, High Speed Halo will be releasing our Bungie Day Gift to Bungie one day early.

Mr Monopoli, the Tower 2 Tower runner-up, has swept the entire Halo 2 Single Player Legendary category. He has destroyed the records of runners like scurty, Cody Miller, and myself. We will be posting a video playlist of the entire sweep as soon as the runs are done uploading to YouTube.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
We need to organize teams, HaloGAF. Send in one team for a set number of hours (or one hour), then switch out the players.

One team? Just split into groups of who wants to play with each other. Post the teams here for others who want to join in with other HaloGAF members...

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dax01 said:
We need to organize teams, HaloGAF. Send in one team for a set number of hours (or one hour), then switch out the players.

Well it's not like there is a team limit. We should set up some groups though.

Halo! :(

Been such a big part of my gaming life and even though my interest in it has waned over the past few years I'll never forget it. I may just jump into some Reach for a last hurrah as 343 stuff just isn't interesting me.

I miss playing Halo 1 all day every day when I had no responsibilities. Well.... I did, I could just skip them. :p

Tawpgun

Dax01 said:
Lol everyone is gonna be playing whenever they can. I'll play with random if no one else is on.
I just hope I get a good dong crew together.

Louis Wu

Heh - I'm with Ghaleon; I'll be in the list, but I sure as hell won't be winning any steak. :)

(Even if I DO get amazingly lucky and meet up with the Bungie team - seems like a pipe dream, all by itself - I've currently got 139 Steaktacular medals in 1,636 Competitive games. So my chances of getting those steaks IF I meet them are roughly 8%. ;) (And my chances of meeting them are a fraction of 1%... so combined... yeah, ain't gonna happen.)

Still rooting for every team they play against, though. :)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We need awesome HaloGAF team names, like for how you want your steak cooked.

Team Well done, team medium well and so on

Team potatoes on the side

Team A1

lol

RdN

Even though there's almost no hype this year, Bungie Day is always cool..

I'll make sure to play some rounds in the Bungie vs World playlist tomorrow.

Deadstar said:
Anyone able to unlock the name plate? I don't have an iphone to download the app to. Is there another way?
Gifted you a nameplate based on the xbl gamertag in your profile. From there it's up to you to change to it on bungie.net. :)

Deadstar said:
Thanks man! Awesome!
My pleasure. I've got two more to give away if anyone wants one.

Risen

Is there a HaloGAF silver account where new guys can gain access to the fun?

There just has to be a team name of Hanging Tenders... has to.

Per the Steak wiki:

Hanger steak or (French) onglet
A steak from near the center of the diaphragm. Flavorful, and very tender towards the edges, but sinewy in the middle. Often called the butcher's tenderloin or hanging tender.

Tunavi, MrBig, Hydranockz, Zeouterlimits, unknown HBO news poster and attention whore :)P), Ghal, we have to play together!

And I'm happy that I ain't the only one, who counts Bungie Day as a holiday.

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
Tunavi, MrBig, Hydranockz, Zeouterlimits, unknown HBO news poster and attention whore :)P), Ghal, we have to play together!

And I'm happy that I ain't the only one, who counts Bungie Day as a holiday.
Isn't it 4v4?

zumphry

Banned
Heh. Working on two Bungie related Photoshop projects (wallpapers and shit) and both seem like they'll be finished by tomorrow. Might post them if nobody minds.

Tashi0106 said:
We need awesome HaloGAF team names, like for how you want your steak cooked.

Team Well done, team medium well and so on

Team potatoes on the side

Team A1

lol

Team Bungie Smells like Chicken, Tastes like Steak

Team For Carnivores, Apply Within

Team You're Wormfood, Bungie

Hypertrooper said:

:'[

ElRenoRaven

Louis Wu said:
Heh - I'm with Ghaleon; I'll be in the list, but I sure as hell won't be winning any steak. :)

(Even if I DO get amazingly lucky and meet up with the Bungie team - seems like a pipe dream, all by itself - I've currently got 139 Steaktacular medals in 1,636 Competitive games. So my chances of getting those steaks IF I meet them are roughly 8%. ;) (And my chances of meeting them are a fraction of 1%... so combined... yeah, ain't gonna happen.)

Still rooting for every team they play against, though. :)

Well your chance is better then mine. I can't think of many games if any where I've gotten a Steaktackular.

squidhands said:
Gifted you a nameplate based on the xbl gamertag in your profile. From there it's up to you to change to it on bungie.net. :)

My pleasure. I've got five more to give away if anyone wants one.

I would love one!

zumphry

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
I thought you don't want to play Matchmaking anymore? Did you change your mind?

Beating Bungie and getting a free steak>Putting up with Armor Lock and AR starts.

Plus it'll be cathartic.

LosDaddie

Banned
Thanks for the best FPSs on consoles, Bungie!

I'll definitely get on for some Reach games tomorrow,...if HaloGAF will let me join.

squidhands said:
My pleasure. I've got five more to give away if anyone wants one.

Which nameplate are you talking about here?

blamite

Nice OP.

As for Bungi vs. The World, I might give it a try, but I'd much rather play something like 2009's all community map playlist than this, which is basically Team Slayer with he same shitty maps. Maybe if I can get some friends together we'll give it a shot.

The ViDoc is the main attraction for me, so I really can't wait for that.

Nelo Ice

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
The Bungie Day playlist does not require any DLC.

awesome i'll probably play a few games then
figured id need the dlc since it seems like its required for most playlists

Not sure if you've seen this, but they've updated with the 4 gamertags to look out for online.
UPDATE: The marathon of meaty ass-kicking goes down from 12:00 AM until 11:59 PM on 7/7, our time. The official gamertags to follow are Humproast, Heavenly Beef, Tender Loins, and Porterhaus.

GhaleonEB

Nelo Ice said:
awesome i'll probably play a few games then
figured id need the dlc since it seems like its required for most playlists
It's only required in two playlists, Premium Slayer and Premium Battle. There is an in game notice that you're missing recommened DLC in other playlists, but you are not gated from playing in any of them.

Top Bottom