• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Day 2011 | Bungie Bids Halo Farewell

ElRenoRaven

walking fiend said:
among all bungie games, I liked Oni more than the others, it was a really charming and unique game. Now they develop only shooters :(

I'll be honest Halo I think is their best but I do agree that Oni is one damn amazing game and hell all their games are damn amazing. I was really heartbroken when they gave up the rights to ONI to Take2 in the Sale to Microsoft though. I to this day wish there was an Oni 2.

Bungie, you bow to no one.

I remember that day long ago when I was sitting at work watching a video presentation of Halo: CE. I was blown away by the vistas, and by the "real four-wheel drive suspension" on the warthog ;P

Man, its been one hell of a great journey.

Thank you as well for Reach (and jetpacks!). Its sets the gold standard for value, variety, laughs and mayhem in a FPS. Hell, even the fails in that game are worthy entertainment. Bravo.

*settles into cryo tube*

wake up my inner fanboy when you need me.

Hurmun

Neo Member
Love you Bungie! Im sure 343 will do a great job though. Now I gotta get my friends together so we can win those steaks....

zumphry

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
I'll be honest Halo I think is their best but I do agree that Oni is one damn amazing game and hell all their games are damn amazing. I was really heartbroken when they gave up the rights to ONI to Take2 in the Sale to Microsoft though. I to this day wish there was an Oni 2.

I was really hoping we'd hear Bungie say they bought/got back the rights to Myth and Oni this Bungie Day. Maybe the next one...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
GhaleonEB said:
What's going on this year?

To send send Halo off in a fond farewell, Bungie is rolling out the Bungie vs. The World playlist on Thursday. Beat Bungie's team by 20 kills or more, and they're sending everyone in the party steak. No, really. Details here. Watch for these gamertags:

The gamertags to look out for are Humproast, Heavenly Beef, Tender Loins, and Porterhaus​

Heh. Too bad I don't have a 360 anymore. Getting steaks from Bungie would be nice. :(

They're also giving everyone in the community the blue flames armor effect and the Bungie Reach nameplate, which had been reserved for employees. Hit the front page of bungie.net to unlock those, which you can only do through the end of 7/7.

Waiiiit. Perma? Or just for the day like last year in Halo 3?

PsychoRaven said:
Halo is their best, it is the most influential fps game on consoles, I believe. Just not my liking

I wished we could get more Oni too, we could have had our Ghost in the Shell game :((

ElRenoRaven

ZayneH said:
I was really hoping we'd hear Bungie say they bought/got back the rights to Myth and Oni this Bungie Day. Maybe the next one...

We can dream. I doubt Take2 would ever give them up and I honestly doubt Bungie has even thought about buying them back to be honest. Keeping their IPs has never been Bungie's strong suit.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
TheSeks said:
Waiiiit. Perma? Or just for the day like last year in Halo 3?

Permanent for anyone who shows up for our 20th. You can unlock them through the iPhone app or through the front page of Bungie.net through the end of day tomorrow, Sea-Town time.

ElRenoRaven

urk said:
Permanent for anyone who shows up for our 20th. You can unlock them through the iPhone app or through the front page of Bungie.net through the end of day tomorrow, Sea-Town time.

Bah Blue flames are so 2 weeks ago. lol j/k

urk said:

Its like another 12 hours till tomorow for you guys right? You guys are so stuck in the past. :( I dont think im gonna get to play till fairly late tomorrow. Either way im not sure what odds I have of actually bumping into Bungie lol. I guess matchmaking will try and match the 4 Bungie dudes against another group of 4?

TheSeks

urk said:

I'm at the Bungie.net page, logged in with my .net passport, and it's wanting me to go to X-box.com/myxbox. Once there, there's no linking for it?

URK FIX THIS SHIT. ;___;

GhaleonEB

TheSeks said:
I'm at the Bungie.net page, logged in with my .net passport, and it's wanting me to go to X-box.com/myxbox. Once there, there's no linking for it?

URK FIX THIS SHIT. ;___;
Sign out of, and then into Xbox.com. Return to Bungie.net and do the same. Should clear it up, I had a similar issue.

TheSeks

GhaleonEB said:
Sign out of, and then into Xbox.com. Return to Bungie.net and do the same. Should clear it up, I had a similar issue.

Signed out of X-box.com, signed in. Went to Bungie.net, signed in,signed out. Signed in again. Still throwing me to My X-box on X-box.com and no linking instructions.

Probably because I don't have a game of Reach played, but that would be pretty stupid of Bungie to not let me claim the nameplate when I was able to claim the nameplate of other stuff pretty easy. >_>

TheSeks

What page is it supposed to be taking me to besides My X-box anyway? :/

zumphry

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
We can dream. I doubt Take2 would ever give them up and I honestly doubt Bungie has even thought about buying them back to be honest. Keeping their IPs has never been Bungie's strong suit.

Well, with the Activision Deal, they'll keep the Destiny IP. So I guess they've learned since then.

Oh, and:

@bungietweets said:

Guess starving myself in preparation for my steak(s) is going to pay off now. Thanks, Bungie!

TheSeks

GhaleonEB said:
That's probably it.

Well, that sucks. I don't know anyone with a 360 and Reach to play today. :/ Really stupid I can't get the flames because my 360 died and I have no replacement money. :|

Hypertrooper said:
Tunavi, MrBig, Hydranockz, Zeouterlimits, unknown HBO news poster and attention whore :)P), Ghal, we have to play together!

And I'm happy that I ain't the only one, who counts Bungie Day as a holiday.
I have no clue who you are talking about. :^)

Mikasangelos said:
If it wasnt for Halo, i would of never met my wife. Thank you Bungie.
That's f***ing beautiful. Seriously, for some reason this made my day.

----

Here's my Bungie Day preparations:

I'm taking tomorrow off from work and school. I have to work tonight from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. EST, so that gives me an hour or so to nap. I'll be napping before work, too.

I'm picking up some Arizona Iced Tea and probably some healthier snack options like carrots. I don't want to be an unproductive slob and gain 5 lbs. No sir.

Music selection:

A.M. Choices (Girlfriend is sleeping.):
"Helplessness Blues" by Fleet Foxes
"The Best of Otis Redding" by Otis Redding
"Codes and Keys" by Death Cab for Cutie
"Person Pitch" by Panda Bear

Midday Music:
"Summer in Abaddon" by Pinback
"Brother, Sister" by mewithoutYou
"Brothers" by The Black Keys
"Let's Get Out of This Country" by Camera Obscura
"Loveless" by My Bloody Valentine

Nighttiming (Girlfriend's at work. Gotta stay awake.):
"Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child" by Norma Jean
"Messengers" by August Burns Red
"Before the Dawn Heals Us" by M83
"And the Glass Handed Kites" by Mew

What plans do you guys have?

Hey You

Deadstar said:
Anyone able to unlock the name plate? I don't have an iphone to download the app to. Is there another way?
Bungie.net frontpage.

Edit: For Bungie Flames and Nameplate.

senador

Banned
They may have just upped the ante:
bungietweets said:
Seems some of you are pretty confident in your Halo skills. Let's make it more interesting. Two steaks for every winner. #dualwielding

http://twitter.com/#!/bungietweets/status/88687627615739904

Man its a bittersweet time. Bungie leaving Halo is sad and an end of an era. At the same time though, 343 taking over and the upcoming darkness that will eventually lead into Bungie's next 10 years is exciting. I can't wait.

Bungie <3

Mikasangelos said:
Im not the only one, Squidhands i think met his wife via Halo as well.
She turned me onto the whole Halo: CE scene back in the day when I hadn't touched videogames in years. I knew she was the one. :)

Top Bottom