• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Weekly Update 07/09/10: Enter the RC Process

4tr6s4.jpg

HALO Audio Books!? Voice by Master Chief himself? SHIIII

feel

wwm0nkey said:
Steve Downs (Master Chief voice actor) has done audio work for Reach, Master Chief's voice at some point in the game confirmed :lol

(LINK)
I said oh shit YES YES YES!!! :D :D

Between that, the Dax thread and that fanmade promo video (pacing issues aside), my hype is VERY high this afternoon.

wwm0nkey said:
Steve Downs (Master Chief voice actor) has done audio work for Reach, Master Chief's voice at some point in the game confirmed :lol

(LINK)

Well well, that's really interesting.

So, the final mission is going to have us defend the Pillar's escape?

Oh please.

Or - this is a bit stretched - after Reach gets glassed, the survivors from noble team find the ship Cortana and Chief are on; and they wake him up.

Cliffhangers confirmed. :lol

wwm0nkey said:

(LINK)
!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many ways to speculate about what this means, I don't know where to start!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many ways to speculate about what this means, I don't know where to start! Please be Halo: CE "Halo" remake.
They will have remade the entire game and it will be playable, once you beat Reach. Believe.

Kibbles

wwm0nkey said:

(LINK)
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

And holy shit @ Steve Downes in the Halo audiobooks :eek: More on this please.

feel

metareferential said:

Oh please.

Or - this is a bit stretched - after Reach gets glassed, the survivors from noble team find the ship Cortana and Chief are on; and they wake him up.

Whatever happens at the end, it better be something really epically crucial that makes the events (and heroics of MC) in the trilogy possible. Unlike with ODST, where their efforts almost felt like they didn't affect things at all.

Plywood said:
They will have remade the entire game and it will be playable, once you beat Reach. Believe.

Someone has a dream about Master Chief's first landing on Halo, and you get to play that dream.

wwm0nkey

Nobel team has to do something that helped MC in Halo 1. That or some how every Halo character survivor some how magically meets up at the end of this one for a massive cliffhanger with all characters :lol

Letters said:
Whatever happens at the end, it better be something really epically crucial that makes the events (and heroics of MC) in the trilogy possible. Unlike with ODST, where their efforts almost felt like they didn't affect things at all.

Yes, the end has to be all about heroism and sacrifice.

A bit like Ghosts of Onyx's ending.

"don't you know? Spartans never die."

Not really the ending, but still.

wwm0nkey

metareferential said:
Yes, the end has to be all about heroism and sacrifice.

A bit like Ghosts of Onyx's ending.

"don't you know? Spartans never die."
That ending was just the most epic thing I've read in a long time.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Letters said:
Totally.

Letters said:
True. The Prophet still found the Ark below the surface, it did tie it to the trilogy but gave little significance to the ODST's mission objective. Except for the whole Johnson part that came out of nowhere at the end.

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Yup. Reach needs to tie into the start of the trilogy, and you can't really do that without touching on the Chief's story. I'd be more shocked if Downes hadn't recorded for Reach.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
metareferential said:

Oh please.

Could also hear his chatter in the Saber segment while Chief is on the satellite.

Could be any number of things really.

Ugh, I really need me some Halo Reach right now. I can't f'n wait.

I may actually take off work that day or week if I can, and just play Reach non-stop. Glorious!

Alienshogun said:
Could also hear his chatter in the Saber segment while Chief is on the satellite.

Could be any number of things really.

Master Chief's tutorial confirmed.

You'll hear him say "do a barrel roll!"

EazyB

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Maybe he's one of the unlockable Firefight Voices.
He'd definitely be the most boring
or least annoying.

Edit: Also, just bought a PAX 3-day pass, figure I'll be in town so there's no excuse.

Littleberu said:
Or you could be PLAYING HIM on the satellite.

As a bonus level after completing the game on legendary.

You play as the Chief on that satellite and then escape onto the Pillar of Autumn.

Thanks to the sacrifice of your spartan buddies on the - now glassed - surface of Reach.

DO IT Bungie. :lol

I don't think we'll be playing as the MC unless there's a clear indication (after the end) that what we're playing is something separate from Reach because of the whole customizing your own Spartan and stuff.

Dax01 said:
I don't think we'll be playing as the MC unless there's a clear indication (after the end) that what we're playing is something separate from Reach because of the whole customizing your own Spartan and stuff.

Of course after the end, e.g. the death of the entire noble team.

Only after completing the game on legendary, that is.

Well, we're just - at least I am - having fun with a little wild speculation.

I'm not expecting those things neither will I feel disappointed in case we don't get them.

It would be a cool way of connecting the game to the trilogy's opening, that's all.

metareferential said:
Well, we're just - at least I am - having fun with a little wild speculation.

I'm not expecting those things neither will I feel disappointed in case we don't get them.

It would be a cool way of connecting the game to the trilogy's opening, that's all.

This.

We're Halo fans! We're really good at speculating crazy shit. :lol

zumphry

Banned
-Yeti said:
Someone has a dream about Master Chief's first landing on Halo, and you get to play that dream.

-Yeti said:
This.

We're Halo fans! We're really good at speculating crazy shit.

The dream is one of the Security Officer from Marathon's recurring day dreams, who, as we all know, is a descendant of Kinoko from Oni, who reveals that Reach is actually the planet that Myth and Myth II was based on.

And then Jason Jones walks into the frame (but only with Reach preorder code from Gamestop) and shows us the new IP, which turns out to just be Halo with a Pirates setting over it.

Which is Pimps At Sea with Master Chief cameo as a protagonist

And that's why Steve Downs is lending his voice to Halo: Reach.

:lol
that laugh is actually me laughing at my horrible attempt at being funny

Gui_PT

You guys know very well that deep down inside, you want it to be true.

I'm just crushing your dreams as swiftly as possible since Brian isn't here.

wwm0nkey

Gui_PT said:

Brian is the only true Dream Crusher :lol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Gui_PT said:

Hopefully final mission we get to provide support so the Chief can escape or have us give him some kind of support in battle, I just would love to be in the role of fighting along side him and seeing him do some amazing shit! :lol

Top Bottom