• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Weekly Update 07/09/10: Enter the RC Process

Zeouterlimits said:
Yeah, they did Hypertrooper.

Wonder what role Aisha Taylor fits into...
So we can expect a new campaign trailer at the GamesCom or PAX.

wwm0nkey said:
Bungie told us awhole back to save our Halo CE (PC) codes because we would use them later.
Oh. So i need to buy Halo CE. :D

Yo dudes, fill me up with the lore. Dr. Halsey was behind the Spartan project or something to that etent right? She found John and what not but isn't Cortana the AI that was based on her personality? Same voice? Same menopausal spasms on the ethics of the Spartan project near the end of campaign confirmed?

Hydranockz said:
Yo dudes, fill me up with the lore. Dr. Halsey was behind the Spartan project or something to that etent right? She found John and what not but isn't Cortana the AI that was based on her personality? Same voice? Same menopausal spasms on the ethics of the Spartan project near the end of campaign confirmed?
Yeah. Dr Halsey is the woman behind the Spartan II project. And yes i think Cortana is based on her personality.

wwm0nkey

Domino Theory said:
Probably no AI, but having Dr. Halsey chat in our ear would be cool.
Well she was found in the source code in the beta, and having her journal in the special edition might add some more fuel to that fire :D

Hypertrooper said:
Yeah. Dr Halsey is the woman behind the Spartan II project. And yes i think Cortana is based on her personality.
Isn't this the general consensus though?

There's obviously a reason why one of Cortana's main phrases spoken to Master Chief is spoken by Dr. Hasley directed at the Master Chief during her cameo in Halo Legends.

I'm sure some GAFers here who've read all the books and know all the canon history can explain this connection better than I.

Cortana shares with Dr. Halsey the same feelings about john 117 (MC being "the one" because of his luck), and if I'm recalling correctly Dr. Halsey directly states that Cortana was programmed to be like her, at least to resemble her personality.

That's why Cortana has far more freedom than any other smart AI.

kinda-OT: just bought Legends on bluray today. Starting it now.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Cortana's neural network is based off a copy of Dr. Halsey's brain. Well, a cloned copy, but still. Learn to Halo, noobs.

GhaleonEB

Don't forget, as mentioned in the BWU, the media is decending on Bungie for some hands-on time this week. If anything, I'd expect the next slice of Campaign to stem from there.

Though personally, I've seen what I want to see of it. Moar FF, MP and Forge for me.
Deputy Moonman said:
Yeah, they've done a good job of keeping Forge completely in the dark. How long can they keep it up?
I think Comic-Con will be Forge's coming out party, and the new map we saw in the Bungie Day video will be revealed to be one of the Forge foundation maps.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Sketch made sure the bulk of campaign will be kept under wraps until launch. The first experience you have with the majority of the missions will happen while you have a controller in your hands. Or via French leak. Your call.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
Sketch made sure the bulk of campaign will be kept under wraps until launch. The first experience you have with the majority of the missions will happen whole you have a controller in your hands. Or via French leak. Your call.
Sketch is good people.

urk said:
Sketch made sure the bulk of campaign will be kept under wraps until launch. The first experience you have with the majority of the missions will happen while you have a controller in your hands. Or via French leak. Your call.

Those evil French people...

wwm0nkey

urk said:
I wonder if France is the first thing that will be launched with the sling shot :lol

FourDoor

Campaign stuff being hidden under wraps is cool with me as long as we get more multiplayer tid bits thrown at us over the next few months.

Domino Theory said:
8 weeks until Halo: Reach! :D

56 days.
springbreakgif2.gif

So does anyone know how the pre-order code works? If I got my game from a brick and mortar shop would I run the risk of not getting the pre-order code?

I only ask because I pre-ordered from Amazon (who probably wont get the game to me for a few agonizing days after release) so I would prefer to just walk into a shop and get it. Would they have to remember to give me the code (if they have any) or will it be safely hidden away in the packaging?

feel

urk said:
all praise Ske7ch <3

I hope not much else new is shown from other aspects of the game either besides the inevitable indepth look at gulch/forge1.5 at comic-con.

urk said:
I can understand that. This is the last Bungie Halo game. It's best experienced without knowing what to expect.

Can you give us a time frame for how long the campaign will be though? Longer than Halo 3? About the same?

Lakitu

st5fu
urk said:

This is great.

urk said:
Seeing as I'd like to not know anything about campaign since the point the beta ended...

This is great news for me. So all campaign news is halted except for whatever was in the E3 video? Don't be mean, GAF. :lol

Reach is only 2 Months away?! Holyshitawesomesauce. Thank goodness, I can hold out on campaign info just fine for that long.

bobs99 ... said:
So does anyone know how the pre-order code works? If I got my game from a brick and mortar shop would I run the risk of not getting the pre-order code?

I only ask because I pre-ordered from Amazon (who probably wont get the game to me for a few agonizing days after release) so I would prefer to just walk into a shop and get it. Would they have to remember to give me the code (if they have any) or will it be safely hidden away in the packaging?
I'm not following the pre-order code? What is it?

Domino Theory said:
8 weeks until Halo: Reach! :D

56 days.
I read that as 8 days, immediately realised my mistake and cried out in sadness.

Deputy Moonman said:
I'm not following the pre-order code? What is it?
It's a piece of Armour.
Breakdown of launch dlc for Reach.

To answer the question, just ask in-store, only way to be sure. The Johnson DLC was not in the box iirc, so this very likely won't be too (if it's the pre-order dlc you're referring to).

Hey You

Gamertags and Game stats are missing from Bungie.net. I'm guessing its part of the server switch over?

Edit: Fixed now.

urk said:
Learn to Halo, noobs.
2ithq41.jpg

By the way, just finished watching Legends right now.
That dialogue between MC and Dr. Halsey quoting Cortana was pure gold. xD

Origins I and II were great, The babysitter also great. The rest not so much. Need to watch it again.

I cant wait till they put out one of those multiplayer trailers, that showcases pretty much everything online related. Those are always fun.

Also, correct me if im wrong, but do we get some sort of armor for playing the game day one. Or am i just confusing that with the pre order stuff?

metareferential said:
2ithq41.jpg

Origins I and II were great, The babysitter also great. The rest not so much. Need to watch it again.
Really? I liked The Prototype, Homecoming, Origin I + II and the Package, but i didnt like the look of Dr. Halsey in The Package.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Putting my preorder down tomorrow, I am excited. :D

I can't believe we are so close to release, I think I might pick up Halo Wars cheap so I have something to hold me over for a bit.

So Dr. Halsey is not only going to nerdgasm when she sees the fruits of her Spartan's labour... but she is also going to nerdragequit sanity when Reach starts falling because of the fruits of her Spartan's labour? Am I haloing ok?

Edit: Found out my local GAME store has a 10% student discount plus they are taking deposits for Legendary editions of Reach still ^^

metareferential said:

Was she quoting Cortana? I thought that was what Cortana quoted from? :D

Hypertrooper said:
Really? I liked The Prototype, Homecoming, Origin I + II and the Package, but i didnt like the look of Dr. Halsey in The Package.

The issues I have with many choiches are canon-related: I understand that in general all the oddities are there because of an artistic choice, still I raised more than an eyebrow.

The Package is great, but it has that strange "power-ranger-esque" feeling I can't swallow. And
Halsey as young as a teenager, frankly, no.

Things like that.

Cuban Legend said:
Was she quoting Cortana? I thought that was what Cortana quoted from? :D

Well, yes, according to logic. According to our perception of the timeline, having played Halo 3 before having seen Legends, she's quoting Cortana :D

big ander

metareferential said:
Well, yes, according to logic. According to our perception of the timeline, having played Halo 3 before having seen Legends, she's quoting Cortana :D
Iknowright.gif

but seriously, wut? :D Cortana quotes Halsey, we just see it in non-chronological order. We see it backwards, but we still know the order it takes place in. :p

Doodis

metareferential said:
And
Halsey as young as a teenager, frankly, no.
You should see the amazing nutraceuticals that are available in the year 2552. Youth-enhancing supplements out the wazoo!

Hydranockz said:
So Dr. Halsey is not only going to nerdgasm when she sees the fruits of her Spartan's labour... but she is also going to nerdragequit sanity when Reach starts falling because of the fruits of her Spartan's labour? Am I haloing ok?

Edit: Found out my local GAME store has a 10% student discount plus they are taking deposits for Legendary editions of Reach still ^^

Isn't this just the limited edition + the noble team model and flaming armour..... for £95? I'm pushing myself to get the limited edition to be honest, because even that is £55. But £40 for a model and flaming helmet, they can fuck right off.

metareferential said:
:lol

I think he was just joking about the fact that cortana is dr. Halsey's mind-clone.

I don't have Fall of Reach with me now, so I'm just going to quote the wiki:

"Cortana is constructed from the cloned brain of Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey, the creator of the SPARTAN Project; Halsey's synaptic networks became the basis for Cortana's processors"

Bungieware said:

"Cortana is constructed from the cloned brain of Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey, the creator of the SPARTAN Project; Halsey's synaptic networks became the basis for Cortana's processors"

Well, that we already know. I wasn't saying he isn't right.

He said "are you sure she was quoting Cortana and not the other way round?".

And then we started saying some stupid things about consequentiality and timeline perception.:lol

Bungieware said:
Isn't this just the limited edition + the noble team model and flaming armour..... for £95? I'm pushing myself to get the limited edition to be honest, because even that is £55. But £40 for a model and flaming helmet, they can fuck right off.

Naw dude that is the Her-*goes to game.co.uk.... looks up Reach....* HOLY CRAP THAT'S ONLY €112! You sir... YOU SIR... have made my day.

Top Bottom