• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Weekly Update 07/09/10: Enter the RC Process

metareferential said:
Well, that we already know. I wasn't saying he isn't right.

He said "are you sure she was quoting Cortana and not the other way round?".

And then we started saying some stupid things about consequentiality and timeline perception.:lol
um. You said that Hasley was quoting Cortana. I said i thought she wasnt. You agreed that I'm correct but explained your reasoning for using backwards timeline logic. And we all had a laugh.

But I guess now it's clear that we are both wrong. Cortana is basically a digital copy of Hasley's brain (memories/likeness), and so neither is quoting the other as Cortana is a continuation of the physical form of Hasley. They are both one and the same?

I need a cigarette now.

Cuban Legend said:
um. You said that Hasley was quoting Cortana. I said i thought she wasnt. You agreed that I'm correct but explained your reasoning for using backwards timeline logic. And we all had a laugh.

Yep, that's as far as I wanted to go :lol

Cuban Legend said:
But I guess now it's clear that we are both wrong. Cortana is basically a digital copy of Hasley's brain (memories/likeness), and so neither is quoting the other as Cortana is a continuation of the physical form of Hasley. They are both one and the same?

I guess so. But I wasn't seriously debating on that, as I said.

I was just a bit confused, and thought I'd benefit mentally from a summary of what transpired.

Plus, I just realized that I thought Cortana and Hasley were two different people and that Cortana just happened to quote Hasley for some reason. Then I learned she's a brain copy, now I'm smoking a cigarette thinking deep thoughts... feels sorta good man.

Louis Wu

Chip N Chance said:
Also, correct me if im wrong, but do we get some sort of armor for playing the game day one. Or am i just confusing that with the pre order stuff?
Zeouterlimits posted a link to a straightforward matrix showing what you get for buying when... but onebitrocket created a new page today which shows the info in a much slicker way. :D

http://www.onebitrocket.co.uk/reachordering/

Answer a couple of questions, it'll show you what you get.

New development for the GAF Halo replay thread: I need someone to do the artwork. The guy I asked to do it turns out he can't, so I need someone. Nothing fancy, I just need a general banner, a banner for the play order, a banner for the participants and a banner for the challenges.

If anyone's interested, PM me. If you can get it done by the end of the week or sooner, that'd be great.

Wow, that's great.

Everything we get to know in this two months will make the wait always harder.

And of course the wait is not the only thing that will get harder. :lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Question to Luke regarding the Recon armor for Reach: does the Recon helmet have the same customization options that all other helmets have in Reach (for example, using cRedits to buy a flashlight for your helmet, then an extra hood, etc.)?

Hey You

Chip N Chance said:
Also, correct me if im wrong, but do we get some sort of armor for playing the game day one. Or am i just confusing that with the pre order stuff?

Your probably thinking of the Recon Perm and you get it when you pick up a copy launch day(North America) or outside NA all Pre-Orders.

Dax01 said:
New development for the GAF Halo replay thread: I need someone to do the artwork. The guy I asked to do it turns out he can't, so I need someone. Nothing fancy, I just need a general banner, a banner for the play order, a banner for the participants and a banner for the challenges.

If anyone's interested, PM me. If you can get it done by the end of the week or sooner, that'd be great.
Eh. I'm think I'm just going to forgo the banners and put up the thread tomorrow. Too tired to do it now.

Can't wait.

Ramirez

-Yeti said:
So, how 'bout that Reach Beta montage? Is it finished? Still in-progress?

bigfoot.jpg

Dax01 said:
Eh. I'm think I'm just going to forgo the banners and put up the thread tomorrow. Too tired to do it now.

Can't wait.
Noooooo.jpg
A banner really helps make the thread give a much more important and organised feel!
Sai-kun said:
*Jason jones*
:lol :lol Perfect.

-Yeti said:
So, how 'bout that Reach Beta montage? Is it finished? Still in-progress?
Chapel has absconded to another forum and seems to have abandoned the project.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
BladedExpert said:
If everyone still has their clips I could give it a go. Don't wanna tread on Chapels toes though. Just throwin' that out there.

Chapel started a new forum, I don't think he's coming back, he's got his hands full running them.

Gui_PT

BladedExpert said:
If everyone still has their clips I could give it a go. Don't wanna tread on Chapels toes though. Just throwin' that out there.

chapel has mine. He ran off with them. That's how good they were.

Yea I'd love a shot at those clips too. I just finally got around to figuring out how to cap in HD with my Black Magic and I'm currently actually editing my own montage and I've learned a lot of cool stuff with Vegas and After Effects.

If not good luck Chapel or whoever, I'm excited for whatever is coming.

Gui_PT

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I'd love a shot at those clips too. I just finally got around to figuring out how to cap in HD with my Black Magic and I'm currently actually editing my own montage and I've learned a lot of cool stuff with Vegas and After Effects.

We had tons of cool clips, we'd get an awesome montage out of it.

What will your montage be about? Just general kills?

Hydranockz said:
http://i29.tinypic.com/2rx7h8m.jpg[/QUOTE]

Hey, aren't you that girl with the braids? =P

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
I don't know about you guys, but my Reach Beta rendered videos are still online at b.net. If someone else wants to step up, they can just download the clips we link. Beta montage host migration.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/RenderedVideos.aspx?player=GhaleonEB

I'd do it but my crappy laptop wouldn't really handle so many videos in After Effects. I'd be glad to help in any other way though. Collecting people's videos and so on.

C'mawn BladedExpert

DualX said:
He's probably waiting for Reach, and if that's the case, I'd gladly work with him again.

Once Reach has been out for a couple of months we can start thinking about another collaboration for sure ;)

xxjuicesxx said:

Go for it man, I don't want the monopoly on GAF montages :lol

Plus I haven't had any inspiration for a new montage yet. Maybe if I look at a few clips... I dunno

bobs99 ... said:
The worst achievment ever:

'Get a shotgun spree on Citadel'
I am missing this one. And possibly the sword kills on Midship one? I didn't play much Halo 3 outside of customs post-Mythic, sadly. And I haven't played it at all since the Reach beta.

So I think I'm stuck at 1700/1750 or whatever it is. I did 1000/1000 ODST, though.

Dax01 said:
Is that in the new studio?
Why don't you just jiggle the handle and find out?

Gui_PT

Are those Legendary Editions on the right?

Daaaaaamn, those are huge!

Edit: I want that poster. Is it for sale?

vhfive

Shake Appeal said:
I am missing this one. And possibly the sword kills on Midship one? I didn't play much Halo 3 outside of customs post-Mythic, sadly. And I haven't played it at all since the Reach beta.

So I think I'm stuck at 1700/1750 or whatever it is. I did 1000/1000 ODST, though.

Why don't you just jiggle the handle and find out?
I actually found the shotgun spree one pretty easy.
All you have to do is camp bruteshot ramp. Bubble shield spawn at the bottom of it and that ramp gets a lot of traffic.

The sword spree one was way harder for me to get.

Top Bottom