• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

By Odin's Beard: Witcher 2 is free on XBL

Vitacat

Got it! Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder why it's free? Now I feel slightly bad for buying Witcher 3 for PS4 instead of XB1, but was told PS4 version was best.

Awesome! Thanks a lot. Currently playing Witcher 3 but planning on going back to the first two. I own them on PC but maybe I'll play this instead and get some achievements!

Eila

I try to download it but it needs my payment info despite it being free. Dumb Microsoft.
Oh well, I own it on steam and GoG.

Tryxx

Sorry Microsoft, many years later you couldn't get me to put my CC information on my account if you tried. No game for me I guess.

I have had my CC and my Debit card on my account since the first day of Xbox 360, and i have NEVER ever had anything happen. I have no worries with Xbox since after all these years nothing has ever happened to me.

I wonder if this is a February Games with Gold title that got released early.

It was actually already a GWG title last year, that's how I got it. Not sure why it's free now, maybe an error? Anyway, it's a great game. Everyone should download it. Hoping it is a part of this month's BC list.

brawly

Weird, doesn't even show up on UK or swiss marketplace...CA doesn't work.

It does show up no price/can't buy it,

Scrawnton

Thanks for the heads up. Grabbed it to play on my X1. Never played anything before Witcher 3 but I read a couple of the books and I really wanted to try this.

Chesskid1

Banned
sweet, thanks

i had a phat xbox 360 that RRODed like 10 years ago and havent owned any since, anyone to see what games i own for it digitally

Jhoan

Even though I have the physical version, I skipped checking it out when it was free during GwG so I queued it up. Thanks OP!

Megatron

You can remove it easily now a days? Back then I remember it being impossible.

I can. Im not completely sure if it depends on whichbstate you live in. I think its easy for anyone but its definitely easy for me. Switch your state to Oregon just to be safe.

linid0t

damn too bad I only have a 4gb model, or I would totally play this again...
Oh well, might as well pick up now in case I get a hard drive sometime in the future!

Top Bottom