• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bye bye GAF

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

ptuck874

Imagine living to 40
giphy.gif

I hope I don't sound like a jerk, but I never get the sentiment of "I think I am done here" "Delete my account" etc.

I mean, I DO get it, if you really feel like everyone in your online community is not on the same page with you... politically etc. but... still, why close your account?

I am here, will always be here, but I may be absent from here for months for many reasons... But there will always be a random night, where I may want to log in ( or not and just lurk) and read about a topic I may be interested in.

Perfect example is right now, the reason I am back is because I am rally fascinated by the Smollete story... Was really curious to see GAF's take on it, so after several months of absence, I dropped in, to see what's up?

Noting personal, GAF to me is nothing more than a news, and Video Game advice and knowledge source... why wouldn't I not have an active account where I can quickly drop in and ask PSVR GAF on how to take care of the lenses and the headset or what games to play etc. Anyhoo and I am also, almost as old as the OP and I have very busy life.. but yeah.. I'd be around until I get inevitably perma banned, other than that, I need you fuckers for entertainment, humour and advice, once or twice in a blue moon. Sorry if I sound like a non-contributing, selfish zero...But hey! It's better than not being a member at all. /rant

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I hope I don't sound like a jerk, but I never get the sentiment of "I think I am done here" "Delete my account" etc.

I mean, I DO get it, if you really feel like everyone in your online community is not on the same page with you... politically etc. but... still, why close your account?

I am here, will always be here, but I may be absent from here for months for many reasons... But there will always be a random night, where I may want to log in ( or not and just lurk) and read about a topic I may be interested in.

Perfect example is right now, the reason I am back is because I am rally fascinated by the Smollete story... Was really curious to see GAF's take on it, so after several months of absence, I dropped in, to see what's up?

Noting personal, GAF to me is nothing more than a news, and Video Game advice and knowledge source... why wouldn't I not have an active account where I can quickly drop in and ask PSVR GAF on how to take care of the lenses and the headset or what games to play etc. Anyhoo and I am also, almost as old as the OP and I have very busy life.. but yeah.. I'd be around until I get inevitably perma banned, other than that, I need you fuckers for entertainment, humour and advice, once or twice in a blue moon. Sorry if I sound like a non-contributing, selfish zero...But hey! It's better than not being a member at all. /rant
Probably one of two reasons most people do this:

1. They want to stay away, but have the urge to still post. Getting a profile deleted prevents them from doing so. Typically people in this situation are frustrated and angry and may lash out, so they cut off access before it gets out of hand

2. Most forums don't like multiple accounts. So if they delete one, they might be able to sneak back in under a new name. The former user ID may be tarnished, so they want to start fresh

And maybe #3. Like I said earlier, some people have to tell the world everything they do on the net. Whether it's shutting down a forum profile or tweeting they wake up every morning and take a piss and brush their teeth, somehow everyone needs to know.

^ Hmm, good explanation, thanks... and while I understand all of your three points, I could never relate to them, and number one is just a sad situation for anyone to be in... And it's a perfect opportunity to better yourself as a person and practice some strong will and self control.

It's not very difficult to delete a bookmark and never Google "NeoGAF" if you have an ounce of self control. And it's quite rewarding actually to be in full control of your urges and emotions, and if one makes an effort to make life slightly more interesting or even just busy outside of GAF. They wont be having any urges to come back and feel self defeated etc.

Last edited:

Orpheum

Seems to be the last-gen version too, which makes this post more credible.

OP's goodbye similar in quality to late-last-gen quick ports confirmed.

(Currently playing this game on X360 so yeah.)

holy shit i didn't even realize haha. and i completely forgot this was out for PS3/360 as well, nice catch.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
holy shit i didn't even realize haha. and i completely forgot this was out for PS3/360 as well, nice catch.
Cod AW is actually a really interest late-gen port: Removed from all its PBR materials, it look hideous compared to PS4/XBO, but it still looks decent.

What's more, it still hits a fairly stable 55-60 fps on Xbox 360. Compare that to the slog that was Black Ops 3 last-gen (Yes, that too got a port) and it becomes even more obvious.

COD AW for last-gen is a perfectly serviceable port and i didn't agree with the sentiment back then when it got released.

I undertand your point of view.

I don’t blame anyone for leaving or staying, it does bum me out a little when someone leaves though.

Top Bottom