• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CA: Civil War interview. Black Panther's motivations. Detailed description of climax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only works if they write Scott as a moron who decides to run up on a assassin even then its still a bullshit win.

Heck, I can see MCU Scott doing exactly that to be honest. Trying to be way too overconfident or cocky or something, which BW takes advantage of.

Shaanyboi

Banned
What's the difference?

Overall sleeker look. A bit updated since the original is supposed to be from the 80's.

ant-man-suit.jpg

Johndoey

Banned
I don't think people understand this suit was made by Hank fucking Pym this motherfucker is crazy as he is smart. He broke the laws of physics to make this suit then he did it again to include his wife in the fun. Y'all realize this suit could easily be used to create nuclear explosions anywhere right. This ain't some cutesy fucking weak ass Iron Man nonsense this shit was created to destabilize countries, terrify armies, kill with total impunity. In the suit which he knows how to use Scott Lang is a fucking weapon of unparalleled power.Its a goddamn bullshit win.

Wazzy

Banned
Guys, how about we wait and see how BW beats him before getting mad she wins?

I like Scott but he's going against a trained assassin who won't allow any slip ups which is exactly what I expect him to do. Just because he has the ability to beat people doesn't mean he uses it.

Johndoey

Banned

I like Scott but he's going against a trained assassin who won't allow any slip ups which is exactly what I expect him to do. Just because he has the ability to beat people doesn't mean he uses it.
I prefer to get incensed now.👹💀

No way. I'd say Spidey would probably just a glorified cameo, like a cutaway during a press conference to see reactions or something like that. I'd wager that Marvel put Spidey in there just as a watercooler hype moment to last people till 2017.

I hope they prove me wrong.
Rumor is
that he fights Cap in this

D i Z

Probably that wrap her legs around the neck and flip em move that she does in every movie.

Fury451

Banned
Trailer 2 probably, whatever they slide infront of BvS. I can't imagine there being a ton of spidey and they'll only want to put in enough to get people excited without spoiling.

I don't see the point of putting him in it at all as anybody that's been casually following this movie probably knows he's going to be there. Don't spoil any of that, let the entirety of his appearance be a surprise, regardless of how big of a part he has.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That's nice, but what about Spidey?

Save him for your second trailer. He ain't a major player, and if you're going to show him off, you want that first reveal to be a money shot. Probably him swinging and landing or something. Wait for the effects to be finished on him. Same reason we don't see Vision at all - there's a lot of effects work that goes into that character and his face.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
*shrug* Black Widow giving Scott a beatdown makes sense to me. She's trained to deal with more powerful and better equipped opponents. Scott got a crash course in self defense and control.

Fury451

Banned
Or y'know, he's also going against the only Avenger who doesn't have any obvious special skills.

She's got the most powerful weapon of all: Mary Sue status in both Avengers movies. She's probably more powerful than Gamora going by Avengers honestly, which is nonsense. She was great in Winter Soldier though.

*shrug* Black Widow giving Scott a beatdown makes sense to me. She's trained to deal with more powerful and better equipped opponents. Scott got a crash course in self defense and control.

I don't know if I buy that. She's a world-class assassin, but nothing says she should be able to take on superpowered people in hand combat. If he stands there like an idiot to fight her and doesn't change his size at all, yeah she would kick his butt. As soon as he uses the suit's power to change I don't see how she's not immediately outclassed.

She's got the most powerful weapon of all: Mary Sue status in both Avengers movies. She's probably more powerful than Gamora going by Avengers honestly, which is nonsense. She was great in Winter Soldier though.

I don't know if I buy that. She's a world-class assassin, but nothing says she should be able to take on superpowered people in hand combat. If he stands there like an idiot to fight her and doesn't change his size at all, yeah she would kick his butt. As soon as he uses the suit's power to change I don't see how she's not immediately outclassed.

the article is about them shooting their action scenes, IronMan is not even on set because he'll be added digitally, so when they see Widow trashing AntMan, I assume it's when AntMan is in his normal size, make sense for him to get his ass handed to him by Widow. maybe he want to shrink, but Widow can somehow prevent him from pressing that shrink button in his hand.

can Widow shortcircuit AntMan suit with her widow sting to temporarily disable the shrinking mechanism? like when she did it to Winter Soldier.

Superman0

the article is about them shooting their action scenes, IronMan is not even on set because he'll be added digitally, so when they see Widow trashing AntMan, I assume it's when AntMan is in his normal size, make sense for him to get his ass handed to him by Widow. maybe he want to shrink, but Widow can somehow prevent him from pressing that shrink button in his hand.

can Widow shortcircuit AntMan suit with her widow sting to temporarily disable the shrinking mechanism? like when she did it to Winter Soldier.

The suit was developed by Pym, the third smartest man in Marvel behind Reed and Doom. I don't think anyone can just short-circuit his suit.

akira28

true. if the movie is like the comic, the magic comes from the Pym Particles, not some suit technomagic.

But yeah Widow could beat antman. Just fake a few hits til he gives an opening, and then hit him with a sucker shot.

Jesus, calm down people. Scott is most likely holding back and not trying to hurt her while Widow has no such reservations. I'm sure when he gets annoyed enough he lays her out fast enough. Also as some people mentioned, there's no way Scott can take her in a 1v1 physical confrontation unless he uses the suit's powers. He probably doesn't do that initially to gauge what she can do and when she kicks his ass he starts shrinking etc later. It's hilarious how just about every thread here about super heroes involves people scoffing at how this or that couldn't happen. Reminds me of when I was a kid arguing with my friends about which super hero would win in what fight. I guess that's the charm of comic book stories!

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
RDJ talks about Civil War to EW:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/03/robert-downey-jr-politics-iron-man-civil-war

There’s no other way to put this: You’ve never seen Tony be such a dick before.

Downey laughs and stomps his leg as he sits on the couch. “I know! I’m loving it.”

The “warmer than jail line” is such a passive-aggressive, nasty way of needling the Cap clique. “And yet, he’s just stating a fact,” Downey says, but he also admits: there’s some jealousy there. “I look at him like, ‘Oh, you and Falcon got a good thing going on, huh?’ He doesn’t really seem to give me the time of day.”

And later, when Cap chooses his friend Bucky Barnes, a brainwashed assassin, over Tony … that’s the last straw.

Asshole Tony... I like it.

Ashhong

I don't see the point of putting him in it at all as anybody that's been casually following this movie probably knows he's going to be there. Don't spoil any of that, let the entirety of his appearance be a surprise, regardless of how big of a part he has.

What do you think the ratio is of people that casually follow the movie to people that don't follow it at all, but know who spidey is?

Pachimari

Was this new image posted?

4U0qkZM.jpg

And description of a new scene:

An elevator opens in the op-center, and Steve Rogers and his friend Sam Wilson, a.k.a. Anthony Mackie’s Falcon, walk out – with a silent T’Challa (the public identity of Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther) walking in front of them alongside the government attaché played by Martin Freeman. Scarlet Johansson’s Black Widow is with them, and she’s not saying anything either. Something bad has gone down. Cap and Falcon were involved. It did not go well. They have handed over their vibranium shield and flying apparatus before being allowed access to this place. The pair look like they’re being sent to the principal’s office.

“You guys want to take a seat?” Widow says. “And try not to break anything while we fix this.” Stark, who hasn’t yet had his beat-down, is on his cell phone with U.S. Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross (William Hurt) as Cap and Falcon step into the nerve center of the intelligence office. “No, Romania was not sanctioned by the accords …. Col. Rhodes is supervising clean-up… Yes, there will be consequences…” Stark looks irritated, tired. “Obviously, you can quote me on that. I just said it.” He hangs up, and beholds his Avengers. “Consequences?” Cap says. “Secretary Ross wanted you both prosecuted,” Iron Man answers. “I had to give him something.” “I’m not getting that shield back, am I?” Cap says. Black Widow walks ahead, joining Stark. “Technically it belongs to the government. Wings, too,” she says. “That’s cold,” Falcon says. Stark spins on his heel as the two walk away with T’Challa. He flashes a tight, unpleasant smile. “Warmer than jail!” he says.

Source: EW

Ashhong

Sounds like it is either after Buckys escape or that mission to take down Crossbones that goes wrong and kills civilians

They say grey area but it's like how Aliens vs Predator was a grey area, it's clearly Cap's team in the right.

i think after the massacres of the past movies a country should be able to entertain some kind of defense and law. It's a grey area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom