• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cable TV in 4k/HDR

Amory

FiOS has the World Series games in 4k/HDR and it's fucking fantastic. I keep switching back and forth between the regular and 4k channels and I can't believe how different it looks. When the f is this coming to all live programming? What the hell is the holdup? Y'all have 4k cameras at this point. I'll pay the inevitable fee. My cable box handles it, and I've had the thing for a year and a half.

At the very least give me regular season and playoff sports in 4k/HDR, not just the championships

Amory

Spokker

I'm pretty surprised it's not native, tbh. It looks really good, and I'm a 4k blu ray collector who has a good amount of both native and upscaled discs.

But the HDR is the real star here. Compared to the 4k channel, the regular channel looks absolutely washed out.
Fox OTA is 720p. If the 4k broadcast is native 1080p, then it's still an improvement.

Kagey K

Banned
FiOS has the World Series games in 4k/HDR and it's fucking fantastic. I keep switching back and forth between the regular and 4k channels and I can't believe how different it looks. When the f is this coming to all live programming? What the hell is the holdup? Y'all have 4k cameras at this point. I'll pay the inevitable fee. My cable box handles it, and I've had the thing for a year and a half.

At the very least give me regular season and playoff sports in 4k/HDR, not just the championships
The only thing I’ve watch OTA in 4K was the olympics a couple years ago and it looked great compared to the regular channels also. It’s going to be a long time before we see it widely adopted in regular tv and sporting events unfortunately.

Top Bottom