• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Sorian

Banned
I... what. So you override his vote, to who exactly?

Also can someone tally up a vote count? I've been kinda swamped at work this afternoon and haven't been able to count it up. If I vote on blargonaut right now do I end the night too early? I need his numbers higher but I don't want to end it...

He should still be 4 or 5 votes away from ending the day.

If I understood the other threads correctly, if someone has the power to override that means they can, 1 time, end a day immediately by killing the person they override. The danganronpa thread has already used this jokingly once and I suspect it is the same situation here.

Coppanuva

He should still be 4 or 5 votes away from ending the day.

If I understood the other threads correctly, if someone has the power to override that means they can, 1 time, end a day immediately by killing the person they override. The danganronpa thread has already used this jokingly once and I suspect it is the same situation here.

Ahh ok. I assumed it was more a "swing vote" type thing where he makes you vote along with him. Either way, 4 or 5 away is plenty for me to vote this way and keep pressure on him.

Vote: Blargonaut

To counter that, I trust Darryl about as much as I do Neuromancer.

Yeah, I'm not really sure I have much trust in Darryl (granted I'm biased since he's trying to kill me). He hasn't posted much and when he has it's either been some information on the cultist orb or EXTREMELY outwardly aggressive. That may just be his playstyle, and I'm not prepared to pass judgement on him fully, but he is one of those players who's hiding in broad daylight right now.

You see this, Darryl?

Regard my ultimate puzzle, my ultimate creation. Simply fearless. Simply flawless. Immune to chaos.

I have raised him, trained him, perfected him; solely to hunt you down, and destroy you.

Gaze upon my champion, Darryl. Behold your downfall.

Gaze upon Sorian.

Sorian

Banned
You see this, Darryl?

Regard my ultimate puzzle, my ultimate creation. Simply fearless. Simply flawless. Immune to chaos.

I have raised him, trained him, perfected him; solely to hunt you down, and destroy you.

Gaze upon my champion, Darryl. Behold your downfall.

Gaze upon Sorian.

cmWg8PA.gif

I'm not your creation. I'll take into consideration the things you've said because I do think you had town's best interests in mind (since you wanted to kill cultists too). You've been fucking with Coppa but you had a real bone to pick with Darryl, i'll figure out if that was just you raving again or if there was actually something worth investigating there.

I'm not your creation. I'll take into consideration the things you've said because I do think you had town's best interests in mind (since you wanted to kill cultists too). You've been fucking with Coppa but you had a real bone to pick with Darryl, i'll figure out if that was just you raving again or if there was actually something worth investigating there.

shhhhhhhh

You cannot deny the feral blood that courses through your veins.

Flame_AC

Although I think it'd be fun if we could lead a significant potential lynch against Sorian, would be nice to see what type of info he drops to save himself.

VOTE: Sorian

RetroMG

Nah, he doesn't strike me as the card-holding type. Heck, there's a chance the one behind all this hasn't even made their presence known yet.

He is very much the card-holding type. He held his cards amazingly well in the past.

Am I the only one who is dying to see what Blarg does with his Avatar when he goes?

Sorian

Banned
Although I think it'd be fun if we could lead a significant potential lynch against Sorian, would be nice to see what type of info he drops to save himself.

VOTE: Sorian

I'll drop whatever you'd like but I need to know what you're curious about first. I'm not role-claiming and past that the only thing I feel shitty about is Tucah.

Seriously Flame, I don't know what the fuck you've been doing all day, but I haven't liked one bit of it. I read you as a solid Tourist on Day One but it's easy to play solid Tourist on Day One. I'm watching you.

Goodbye Blarg

So long and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it has come to this
Your puzzles surely will be missed by no one

We may not share your intellect
Which might explain the disrespect
For all the clever ways that you confused us

So long, So long and thanks for all the fish.

Right, my earlier post I somehow missed that Blarg was to outlive cultists. Presuming most stuff that has been role claimed is true this is how I think things sit and will shake out.

• Blarg and Matt are both straight-up neutral. Both have pro and anti-town traits.
  • If we kill Blarg tonight we will get cult immunity tonight, meaning one less death.
  • Matt will likely hit his win condition, and if so get removed from the game by morning

That rids us of 2 distracting roles and gives us a pretty quiet night.
Looking to dig out cult members today only really helps if they have a power role, since a Blarg lynch will neutralise regular culties for tonight anyway.

Tomorrow if Matt is alive and in the game we really need to look at him and whether his role makes more sense as town or cult aligned. Right now I find it very hard to choose because I really feel like he'll flip neutral and leave the game.

None of the alternatives are as compelling to me as putting all of this behind us.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Tomorrow if Matt is alive and in the game we really need to look at him and whether his role makes more sense as town or cult aligned. Right now I find it very hard to choose because I really feel like he'll flip neutral and leave the game.

It makes perfect sense as Tourist. If Blarg were playing to win, his goal would roughly line up with the Tourists', except for the fact that he wants to avoid being lynched. Matt's role is there to sniff him out and stop him from leaving the game before he helps us as much as he can. I think they've both been completely honest about there roles.

Flame_AC

I'll drop whatever you'd like but I need to know what you're curious about first. I'm not role-claiming and past that the only thing I feel shitty about is Tucah.

I want to know who you think the second Night 1 killer is? We can all agree it's probably someone who had a beef with LP, but who, in your opinion, stuck out as someone with that kind of power, and willing enough to act on it on Day 1. I also want to see if you think that there's another protection role out there, one who is willing to protect Blarg?

If you do think there is a role to save Blarg, then who do you think we should lynch today?
Not Coppa

If you don't think there is a role to save Blarg, then we're in agreement that it's best to lynch him right now, likely giving Matt the win?

I agree with you that it is likely if the Cultists kill Blarg they get a second kill, which is obviously bad.

UNVOTE: Sorian
VOTE: Rats off to Ya

I can't understand someone who is happily willing to risk giving the Cultists two night kills.

What makes the free night more valuable later on in the game?

There are far too many variables right now for an extra day to be of much use. Too many people to read, too many targets to examine, not enough scummy behavior to comb through. We kill Blarg, our possible third party kills someone else, in all likelihood our investigative roles don't turn up anything interesting, and then tomorrow we're playing Day Two all over again.

Flame_AC

Because I don't think we're risking that, and even if I did, this is a game all about taking risks.

Now go vote for a Cultist. Jesus Christ.

So you're saying we shouldn't lynch Blarg today, instead lynching someone like Coppa, who will flip town on us. Then night time rolls around and Blarg dies + someone else from the third party killer. We maybe get someone on Day 3, maybe not, then on Night 3, there's 3 kills. One for normal cultist, one for their bonus, one for the third party. On the start of Day 4, we could be down 6 people if the theory is correct. Or we can get rid of Blarg now and not worry about that.

So you're saying we shouldn't lynch Blarg today, instead lynching someone like Coppa, who will flip town on us. Then night time rolls around and Blarg dies + someone else from the third party killer. We maybe get someone on Day 3, maybe not, then on Night 3, there's 3 kills. One for normal cultist, one for their bonus, one for the third party. On the start of Day 4, we could be down 6 people if the theory is correct. Or we can get rid of Blarg now and not worry about that.

If you're scared of losing Tourists just vote No Lynch every day until you're dead. I won't judge.

A giant game of chicken. No way Cultists kill Blarg after all of this that would be dumb.

Flame_AC

If you're scared of losing Tourists just vote No Lynch every day until you're dead. I won't judge.

I'm fine slaying tourists, so long as we have good reasoning. I'm not fine with us losing 6 tourists in 2 days however.

A giant game of chicken. No way Cultists kill Blarg after all of this that would be dumb.

Why would they not kill Blarg, don't you think they might want to take a shot at getting a double kill or at least stopping us from preventing a night of sacrifices. I don't understand your reasoning, perhaps you can convince me.

It makes perfect sense as Tourist. If Blarg were playing to win, his goal would roughly line up with the Tourists', except for the fact that he wants to avoid being lynched. Matt's role is there to sniff him out and stop him from leaving the game before he helps us as much as he can. I think they've both been completely honest about there roles.

But Matt's role is specifically to kill Blarg before we hit 3 dead cultists?

I also think the free night is more useful in the early/mid game. Later on it might be a useful block (although it would mean putting considerable effort into keeping him alive) but the early kills are much easier for the cult to get away with without drawing suspicions, later in the game they're much more likely to leave a trail.

Why would they not kill Blarg, don't you think they might want to take a shot at getting a double kill or at least stopping us from preventing a night of sacrifices. I don't understand your reasoning, perhaps you can convince me.

Because as you just said they're not stopping anything, the kill gain is speculation, and there might be power roles that can watch/protect him. No sense.

Sorian

Banned
I want to know who you think the second Night 1 killer is? We can all agree it's probably someone who had a beef with LP, but who, in your opinion, stuck out as someone with that kind of power, and willing enough to act on it on Day 1. I also want to see if you think that there's another protection role out there, one who is willing to protect Blarg?

If you do think there is a role to save Blarg, then who do you think we should lynch today?
Not Coppa

If you don't think there is a role to save Blarg, then we're in agreement that it's best to lynch him right now, likely giving Matt the win?

I agree with you that it is likely if the Cultists kill Blarg they get a second kill, which is obviously bad.

UNVOTE: Sorian
VOTE: Rats off to Ya

I can't understand someone who is happily willing to risk giving the Cultists two night kills.

Who specifically? I don't know. I think we have a vigilante with us who is tourist aligned. While I have no clue exactly who it is, I have suspicions about how to find them but I don't want to reveal that. They are a role I think is important to protect and I'm not offering that in open discussion for cultists to read.

I don't think there is another protection role out there. Maybe we have a switcher but I'm not willing to gamble on that because I'm leaning towards we do not. So yes, that is why I am in favor of killing Blarg.

Seriously Flame, I don't know what the fuck you've been doing all day, but I haven't liked one bit of it. I read you as a solid Tourist on Day One but it's easy to play solid Tourist on Day One. I'm watching you.

I quoted this because I am curious. I read Flame as possible cult on day 1 and I still read him kind fo sketchy today. Why were you so sure of him on day 1?

I quoted this because I am curious. I read Flame as possible cult on day 1 and I still read him kind fo sketchy today. Why were you so sure of him on day 1?

He talked a lot and didn't say anything I disagreed with. It was a Day One read, so it wasn't worth much, but he seemed like a Tourist to me.

Sorian

Banned

I think if they get a double kill or some other bonus then they already know about it. If we let Blarg stay alive and they don't kill him then that would prove to me that he does not give them any bonus. Like I said though, I see no reason to take that risk. I'd rather kill him and let the killer take out someone tonight, we still get info from a night kill and my suspicion is they are going to kill someone we've argued about anyway: Coppa, Charleston, Darryl to name a few.

Right. We've theorized that Blarg's win condition is to outlive three Cultists. Can't remember if Blarg confirmed that or not.

Blarg did confirm this.

Right. We've theorized that Blarg's win condition is to outlive three Cultists. Can't remember if Blarg confirmed that or not.

Matt claims his role is not that of a lyncher, he simply searches for Lovecraft each night and has all the information on his character.

Ah OK, so Blarg wins when he gets 3 kills and matt knows that this will lose us our free night.
That does make me think Matt is more likely town.

They grow up so fast :')

btw you got max LCK but I had to min CHA, it's useless anyway

starting area gear was skipped because I speedran you, you can always go back anyway so ehhh

Droplet

We may be at an impasse where either Blarg or Matt wins.

It doesn't matter if either of them win.

Seriously Flame, your arguments are going in circles. Take a breather, figure out what you want to say, and come back and say it when you've reasoned out what you want.

Top Bottom