• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

RumFore

Banned
Damn it. I want comparison reviews before buying. So far the word is that the PS3 version has better textures. Also want to see some real pics of the CE.

JB1981

I just pulled a J-Rez and bought the game on both platforms.

Now I have to decide which one to open first. :lol

Any GAF games going on tonight?

JB1981 said:

open both and tell me about the differences. Take one for the team!

gray_fox224

MercuryLS said:
*calls EB games*

"we still don't have it, sir"

*kills self*

Whoa...

Anyways, I tried the pull the ol' "well other retailers are selling today, why can't you" notion at Bestbuy... Needless to say, the guy didn't bite. =(

Tomorrow after evening class for me then. Have fun today you bastards =)

h3ro

JB1981 said:

Easy decision, go buy another TV that exactly matches your current set. Connect both consoles to the TVs with the same cables and put in the games. The post tons of comparison shots so we can continue the Sisstum Warz!!!!

According to IW it is safe to buy the US version for PAL PS3 owners. I was worried that I'd be locked out of online MP but have been assured that won't be the case. Time to place my order.

JB1981

h3ro said:
Easy decision, go buy another TV that exactly matches your current set. Connect both consoles to the TVs with the same cables and put in the games. The post tons of comparison shots so we can continue the Sisstum Warz!!!!
i would definitely post shots if i had the means to.

i can try and give some impressions later, though.

it's been a pretty long day and i have to be up at 5:30 am tomorrow. we'll see how much i can do after i get some food in me.

btw, any reviews hit yet (just got in)?

~Kinggi~

Banned
RumFore said:
Damn it. I want comparison reviews before buying. So far the word is that the PS3 version has better textures. Also want to see some real pics of the CE.

Infinity Ward : Textures are exactly the same on both platform versions. blah blah.

Get yer facts straight people.

Concept17

MercuryLS said:
The biggest beef I have with PS3 online is the fact that there isn't a large number of people using headsets. I can deal with the occasional racist prick yelling at his mom for some chocolate milk, but I can't stand silence or a single voice yelling "does anyone have a headset" in PS3 online games. Also the only online community I've hated is Halo 2/3, Gears was fine and so was COD4's in the beta.

I love how huge Sony fans can just gloss over this by saying "less racist 10y/o", the problem lies in that there is very few people with headsets period, as a result you can't even talk to the normal people out there. And for shooters that work best with some for of communication (especially for the objective gametypes), this is a major negative for the platform. I still wish Sony would bundle in a cheap headset with the PS3 like MS did with X360 Prem/Elite. The best way to encourage a solid community aspect is to make sure people can talk to each other, even if sometimes the other person is an idiot.

Lack of integrated friends list, messaging and invites adds to the problem too.

Headsets are over-rated in games like CoD. I don't need some moron yelling or just randomly talking to someone else while I play. Besides that, this game isn't terribly team-based. (it is to an extent of course, but not enough to use headsets unless you're having yourself a clan match or what not)

MercuryLS

Banned
Quazar said:
Me and you always last to get stuff COD4 related. :lol

Seriously, it blows. I'm still going to give some stores a call at 8:30pm as a last ditch effort. But chances are I'll be getting it tomorrow, hopefully my day at work goes by quickly.

h3ro

JB1981 said:
i would definitely post shots if i had the means to.

i can try and give some impressions later, though.

it's been a pretty long day and i have to be up at 5:30 am tomorrow. we'll see how much i can do after i get some food in me.

btw, any reviews hit yet (just got in)?

You should absolutely post impressions! Don't worry about the screenshots, we all know the game is gorgeous...

Hungry huh, did IW make any Game Fuel?

MercuryLS

Banned
RumFore said:

This rumor just won't die, guys from IW said that the two titles are nigh indistinguishable.

h3ro

Also, has anyone seen any sort of advertising on TV for COD4? I haven't seen a single ad, TV or print for the game...

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Alright, I'm thinking of organizing a GAF match later tonight. Maybe 11-12 Eastern? Give all you noobs some time to get used to stuff (if you somehow weren't a part of the beta), and gain a few levels so you're not from scratch.

Anyone interested?

MercuryLS

Banned
Concept17 said:
Headsets are over-rated in games like CoD. I don't need some moron yelling or just randomly talking to someone else while I play. Besides that, this game isn't terribly team-based. (it is to an extent of course, but not enough to use headsets unless you're having yourself a clan match or what not)

I tend to play the small team based modes (no more than 8 players) more than the deathmatch stuff, the headset comes in handy when you're trying to plan something out with your team. I dunno, I was in the beta and I ended up using the mic a lot, but you do have a point that in DM/TDM it's not that important.

Also, from calling around there seems to be a lot of interest in this game. I thought that the sales would be soft due to everyone playing Halo 3, but almost ever sales rep I talked to said "shit dude I'm waiting for the game too, it's unbearable" and/or "I keep getting calls and people coming in asking for the game". It's going to be a big big seller.

h3ro said:
Also, has anyone seen any sort of advertising on TV for COD4? I haven't seen a single ad, TV or print for the game...

I saw a commercial on Comedy Central. Knew right away it was for COD4, but the average person may think it's an marines commercial.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I JUST BOUGHT A CADILLAC.....:D

1105071825.jpg
Color me jealous. >.<

Ryck

Ok.... well far be it for me to go against the popular majority *rolleyes*

what would you guys like my avatar to contain? Naked Woman? Raw meat? Guns?

Kosma

Banned
:lol :lol :lol @ Ryck's new avatar.

Man you can have anything beside Ronaldo. Really.

On topic: So buying this!!!!

JB1981

Playing the PS3 version right now. It is extremely good-looking. Looks basically identical to the 360 beta. One thing I am noticing is that the sound has more oomph on the PS3, for some reason. I am so fucking impressed with IW right now. Holy shit.

I actually really quite like how the guns feel with the SixAxis pad too.

edit: after a few minutes with the Crash map in MP (i'm playing by myself) i would say that the 360 version has superior texture work.

Top Bottom