• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

HOLY CRAP!

Playing thru opening now. I had to press pause and post... something!

Seriously. Frame rate from heaven.

EDIT: This is for sure the most "next-gen" game I've ever played, including Ratchet, Gears, etc. WOWOW!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Two comments:

The Good: The game is awesome and the multiplayer is incredibly intense and fun.

The Complete Crap: How the multiplayer is focused on the player who's played the most.. Why should be people who are already much better than the new players (ontop of the skill curve) get WAY better weapons to boot? Complete bullshit.. Now I have to bust my ass so I can get on the level with the other douches.

I mean seriously. This one guy had 31 kills and he was doing nothing but camping this one hallway in a building and we couldn't even cross the hallway because his gun was incredible.

Oh well. Just gotta get the guns as well :/ Just seems really stupid.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
vumpler said:
Two comments:

The Good: The game is awesome and the multiplayer is incredibly intense and fun.

The Complete Crap: How the multiplayer is focused on the player who's played the most.. Why should be people who are already much better than the new players (ontop of the skill curve) get WAY better weapons to boot? Complete bullshit.. Now I have to bust my ass so I can get on the level with the other douches.

I mean seriously. This one guy had 31 kills and he was doing nothing but camping this one hallway in a building and we couldn't even cross the hallway because his gun was incredible.

Wow, TOTALLY overblown.

The starting classes aren't that bad, and most people's scope of choice is the red dot, which you get pretty quickly anyways. The weapons are still pretty balanced, and I haven't had one moment where I've been frustrated due to equipment (Claymores aside, and even then it's not frustrating).

No gun is gonna make you unkillable. If you can't get a camper when you know where he is, it's your fault.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
vumpler said:

in the beta, you started with the M16 and that was more than enough to fight off the others at a high rank.

was it really his "incredible gun" that killed you? or was it maybe, just maybe, his skill? :p

Mojovonio

Banned
vumpler said:
Two comments:

Yeah, I'm really not too crazy about that either.

But I doubt I'll spend much time in MP anyways, especially with ME 2 weeks away.

I won't be spending 3 hours a night leveling up in COD4.

MaX_PL

Banned
if bungie doesnt patch halo 3 or release any dlc then i'll be playing this for the next few months. this game looks and plays well, something i cant say about halo 3.

Ashhong said:
i didnt hear them mention the 360 either. if you mean the video, then yea, both version are shown.

didnt hear him say that he's surprised the 360 still has the power for this?

No_Style

Ashhong said:
i didnt hear them mention the 360 either. if you mean the video, then yea, both version are shown.

Well they did mention the X360 version. They marvelled how it was possible to have a game look this great on the system.

Cerrius said:
in the beta, you started with the M16 and that was more than enough to fight off the others at a high rank.

was it really his "incredible gun" that killed you? or was it maybe, just maybe, his skill? :p

How dare you mention skill. :lol Seriously, during the beta it was difficult to actually camp successfully.

ProTip: Special Grenades are your friends!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
If you suck, you're going to suck no matter what gun attachment you have.

I really think the perks complaint is overblown, although I can see where the bitching is coming from.

vumpler said:
Two comments:

In my very first MP game, I placed 3rd on our winning team, ended up with 11 kills, 8 deaths. I picked up a dead enemies weapon with a red dot site, which was nice, but in reality, it comes down to skill, not gun. I only had that pickup for maybw 1 or 2 kills.

I felt like it was pretty well balanced. I performed better than some people leveled in the 20's.

(I did play in the beta, by the way, but obviously, it's been 5 weeks since it ended)

Mojovonio

Banned
And I sort of see martyrdom becoming annoying. Seems like a perk EVERYONE will choose and you'll constantly die when walking near corpses.

chespace said:
If you suck, you're going to suck no matter what gun attachment you have.

I really think the perks complaint is overblown, although I can see where the bitching is coming from.

oh cmon the scope makes a HUGE differnce. It really is the difference between life or death.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Mojovonio said:
And I sort of see martyrdom becoming annoying. Seems like a perk EVERYONE will choose and you'll constantly die when walking near corpses.

Not really. I've already noticed smarter players NOT run to my corpse. It's something that WILL catch you in the heat of a moment, but there's give aways, noise and the grenade indicator, and it's not cooked at all so you have time to get away.

Add on people getting used to it... It's cool, but not be all end all.

No_Style

Mojovonio said:

That perk would be annoying if you ignore the warning signs or run around like an idiot. Even if I were to melee kill somebody, there is plenty of time to run out of the way before the nade blows up. It would be really annoying if people began sacrificing themselves though.

Mojovonio

Banned
SnakeXs said:
Not really. I've already noticed smarter players NOT run to my corpse. It's something that WILL catch you in the heat of a moment, but there's give aways, noise and the grenade indicator, and it's not cooked at all so you have time to get away.

Add on people getting used to it... It's cool, but not be all end all.

I mean more, I'm coming around a corner at the wrong time and I get my ass assploded.

I just hope it won't become a mine field.

Ashhong

MaX_PL said:
didnt hear him say that he's surprised the 360 still has the power for this?

Ahh good point, forgot about that. That isn't exactly a compliment I would want for my system anyway though :lol "This old dog CAN learn new tricks!"

MaX_PL

Banned
MrCompletely said:
In my very first MP game, I placed 3rd on our winning team, ended up with 11 kills, 8 deaths. I picked up a dead enemies weapon with a red dot site, which was nice, but in reality, it comes down to skill, not gun. I only had that pickup for maybw 1 or 2 kills.

I felt like it was pretty well balanced. I performed better than some people leveled in the 20's.

(I did play in the beta, by the way, but obviously, it's been 5 weeks since it ended)

ehhhhh i have to disagree. choice of gun and attachment goes a long way. having the red dot on a M4 was my choice during the beta and i had 20 to 30 kill rounds consistently. the campers with the sniper rifle or kids with shotguns, they didnt do shit. you need to choose and overall balanced gun that will help in any situation.

No_Style

Mojovonio said:
I mean more, I'm coming around a corner at the wrong time and I get my ass assploded.

I just hope it won't become a mine field.

That's going to happen regardless of Martyrdom if the beta was any indication. Random grenade throws are common.

This game has such awesome presentation. Holy jiminy moly. Seriously, I feel like trading all my other games in right now. This is how you suck someone into a game.

methane47

vumpler said:

Hmmm you probably could have done something about that.. Looks more like a skill problem then a gun imbalance

Mojovonio

Banned
No_Style said:
That's going to happen regardless of Martyrdom if the beta was any indication. Random grenade throws are common.

Yeah, thats true.

What was the experience like?

Did people hold back and creep out of cover carefully or was it a bunnyhop fest like COD2?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
If I buy this tomorrow I am going broke... seriously broke. And I am seriously thinking of buying it... and going broke. Jesus Christ...

Mojovonio said:

I'm already wary of people that I've killed from Last Stand, but now I'll be even more paranoid.

MercuryLS

Banned
One thing no one has mentioned that I'm very interested in. How is the HGW soundtrack? The game shot up even higher on my most wanted list when it was revealed that he was doing the music for the game. The guy knows how to make intense music to go along with intense wars (be it in videogames or movies), I just want to know if it's up to the standards of his stuff in MGS or The Rock.

Ceb

What's up with the constant "hate hate hate" in the GT review? :lol "Unless you're an extremist wackjob, you probably have an inherent hate for terrorists."

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
I usually still use the regular M16 class, unless I want to go for challenges on different weapons.

I'm a level 35? Maybe 36 now?

A "good" kit doesn't make the player, its the skill. Learn a weapon you like and stick to it. Guns you unlock later aren't better, just different.

Oneself

[OMGsarcasm]That's what I like about game reviewers, they always compare multiple versions of a multiplatform game before it's out, so we know which version to get.[/BAM!takethatgamereviewers]

Now thank God I sold my 360, I only have one "next-gen" option now. Tomorrow....

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I've played 4 hours straight on Hardened, and still in Act 1. How are reviewers completing this in 5?

Jaw-dropping gorgeous. And I hope there's another AC130 mission. I didn't want it to end.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Mojovonio said:
:lol Holy shit in this context is just made me laugh on the inside for a while lol. Awesome.

Esperado

This is my game of the year at the moment. Still waiting out for Uncharted, but I have a feeling I'm going to be playing this one after Uncharted is over. The amount of shots it takes to down someone is just perfect.

h3ro

Hmm... looking at the reviews so far:

1UP - 9.5
GT - 9.4
IGN - 9.4

Lets play guess the GS score and complaints!!

- game has too many options and different gameplay mechanics (shooting on the floor, shooting from a plane, shooting from the top of a building, etc.) that will confuse gamers
- the frame rate is so high that it makes Aaron Thomas dizzy...

Gamespot - 7.5 confirmed?

Gamespot last to review again...Im guessing they will 8.5 it.

Has anyone played that tanker level yet? Thats the level that gave me my first game related erection of 07.

Top Bottom