• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Grady

So I have a few hours played in the MP. Overall I want to applaud Sledgehammer for really investing something into the CoD formula to try and change it up. I don't think there has been this big a change from one game to the next ever since we went from CoD4 back to World at War. Treyarch and IW games used to feel and play differently, but lately imho they have played all like pretty much the same game. This one has the exoskeleton suits and their abilities, which adds a lot of movement and mobility options.

But they seem entirely irrelevant thanks to the map design and the general rule of CoD where you go down in 2-3 bullets. I mean, what is the point of having the ability to jet pack into the air or do a quick strafe/dash if you're dead in half a second anyway? It would feel and play so much better if you were able to withstand more rounds before dying. Then you could actually use these movements and mobility mechanics to your advantage.

Also, is it just me or are shotguns pretty much worthless? Since they opened the maps up a lot more to account for faster movement and verticality, there are a lot more wide open areas it seems. And so shotguns are a pain to use. Their damage is just so low. Sometimes I can be within 5 feet of someone and wreck them with 2-3 shots and they don't drop.

On several occasions i have been able to boost myself over my opponent and land on the other side of him and kill him. Other times i turn around a corner with an opponent following me than boost on top of the platform and surprise him from up top. I also use the exo shield quite frequently. As soon as an opponent shoots activate the shield, when his clip runs out drop the shield and kill him. There are way more strategies and options with the abilities if you use them the way they should be used.

Think Uplink is my new jam, foreal.

vMgpQL.gif

Nothing is more satisfying than throwing the ball at the enemy and killing them, only to go on and score. So good.

Sojgat

Are the 'loot' guns just normal guns with like one or two stats bumped up a point? Seems so pointless.

Some also come with an extra attachment. For example, a gun might have a silencer equipped that doesn't affect the range stat or a SMG might have a grenade launcher.

They're kind of like the exotic guns in Destiny.

figured that. Do you lose the guns you unlocked via supply drops?

Yes, you keep all the loot guns. They unlock again at the same level as the standard versions.

Love the game, but for me the spawns are horrible. I play mostly kill confirmed and tdm and nothing is more annoying than spawn, die.

I'm on XB1 and the connections have been shitty, they're still on P2P. Why?.

I've watched every campaign out of boredom days before release because I can't contain myself.

Picking up the AC Unity bundle and this game Saturday. Hope I can hold out and experience this fresh.

Is there a list of all MP maps?

alterno69

Banned
Weird that so many have problems with the respawns, i play only TDM, level 46 and even tho it's clear you respawn close to your killer far too many times, as the killer you have enough room to prevent being killed by your last prey. I don't think i've been killed immediately after respawning either.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno if it's high demand of the servers or poor netcode but the multiplayer performance is fucking GARBAGE in PS3, one minute everything is fine but the next is a slideshow that you can barely control, it's shit and i really hope it's a launch thing. Also i played a round of BF4 on the PS3 and then AW and the difference is night and day, BF4 is so smooth those dedicated servers do make a difference.

BokehKing

Banned
I now own this on both systems, the texture pop in on the x1 is disgusting, the lag is disgusting, but that controller is made for this game though

Delt31

I like the game but WHY THE HELL ARE SCORESTREAKS so expensive? Im a good player but 7 kills in a row for something that should be 3 or 4? WHY IS HARDLINE only avail after level 47? It's like they are trying to nerf the KS. wtf gaf

ViciousDS

Banned
I dunno if it's high demand of the servers or poor netcode but the multiplayer performance is fucking GARBAGE in PS3, one minute everything is fine but the next is a slideshow that you can barely control, it's shit and i really hope it's a launch thing. Also i played a round of BF4 on the PS3 and then AW and the difference is night and day, BF4 is so smooth those dedicated servers do make a difference.

Sadly dedicated servers the only thing that made me like ghosts

dcelw540

So just beat the game and overall was impressed but had a few problems/ questions

1) After atlas announced they are pretty much evil why did all those soldiers stay dedicated to the army? I mean if the army is destroying u.s.a and wouldn't some of the soldier rebel and start attacking their own like the gideon ?
Also the ending was kinda anti-climatic I was disappointing with it a bit. And lastly what does the ending infer? Is there going to be a sequel you think?

Overall I would give it an 8/10 it was good but had a few flaws and plot issues

woen

I believe there are dedicated servers (even if there's no browser) and some times P2P if the demand on the servers is too high (which is the case since yesterday evening?)

BokehKing

Banned
I like the game but WHY THE HELL ARE SCORESTREAKS so expensive? Im a good player but 7 kills in a row for something that should be 3 or 4? WHY IS HARDLINE only avail after level 47? It's like they are trying to nerf the KS. wtf gaf
Did you customize your killstreaks? It makes them cost more

ViciousDS

Banned
So just beat the game and overall was impressed but had a few problems/ questions

After atlas announced they are pretty much evil why did all those soldiers stay dedicated to the army? I mean if the army is destroying u.s.a and wouldn't some of the soldier rebel and start attacking their own like the gideon ?

Also the ending was kinda anti-climatic I was disappointing with it a bit. And lastly what does the ending infer? Is there going to be a sequel you think?

And just because someone failed at spoiler tags the ending was ruined

Thanks

Btw fixed your spoiler tags

Delt31

Did you customize your killstreaks? It makes them cost more

I did but ONLY to enable the ability to earn the streak even if I die. With the game being SO crazy, it's borderline impossible to get 8 straight kills. I just wish they toned down the cost a bit so we can get some KS variety.

Just rented on the Xbox One, and I'm installing it now. At what percentage of the installation can you start playing?

I think it's 26%, but don't use the "ready to play" feature because it will force you to install the patch and that will really slow or pause the install. It's a known issue that many users had a problem with. Wait for it to fully install, install the patch and then play.

I really don't like TDM and Kill Confirmed in this game. The maps are just too big to not have an objective focus. I can go over a minute in a round of TDM without seeing an enemy.

Wynnebeck

Banned

1) After atlas announced they are pretty much evil why did all those soldiers stay dedicated to the army? I mean if the army is destroying u.s.a and wouldn't some of the soldier rebel and start attacking their own like the gideon ?

Holy hell spoiler that shiz. I didn't read it, but you effed up.

EDIT: OK you spoiled it.

BokehKing

Banned
I did but ONLY to enable the ability to earn the streak even if I die. With the game being SO crazy, it's borderline impossible to get 8 straight kills. I just wish they toned down the cost a bit so we can get some KS variety.
Ok well that cost you an additional 600 points before you can use it

zinder

Wait, what? Doesn't that ability add the cost by like +300 points? That's probably why,,, I only need 3-4 kills to get UAV.

I think it's 26%, but don't use the "ready to play" feature because it will force you to install the patch and that will really slow or pause the install. It's a known issue that many users had a problem with. Wait for it to fully install, install the patch and then play.

Ah, that's a bummer. Thanks for the reply!

Nimby

Banned
Does anyone else have this for PS3 and suffer CONSTANT freezes which require me to hard reset? Hope this gets patch, it happened to me early one right after the other.

Got it for PS4 and just played the intro mission. Thoughts:

-Nice looking game, but some of the comparisons I saw to KZSF were totally out to lunch, it's not at that level, or even Metro Redux. Definitely a step up from Ghosts however, and the fact it's running at 60fps mostly does make it more impressive

-Gunplay is tight, as expected. Smooth gameplay and using the exo suit feels very natural. The dodges are a nice touch

- Presentation issues - the animations seem really weird/wonky, and the lip syncing seems off. Also it's really weird seeing a detailed face like Kevin Spacey with almost no expression. He's just staring blankly at me while he talks....kind of creepy to be honest

Can't speak for the story yet since I haven't played enough. Also I was seeing a ton of stutter and brief hitches in that opening level but I'm not sure if the game is still installing from my disc, had the same issue with Shadow of Mordor and it went away once it was fully installed.

Anyways, enjoying it so far and curious to see where it goes. May jump into MP a bit later even though I've never been big on the COD MP

HiiiLife

The game is fun when its working. Can't help but feel I'm getting screwed over in firefights. I'm shooting first and landing at least 3-4 shots on people before my screen even turns red and they still manage to kill me. Its annoying.

So there are about 2.2 million players in the first 2 days just on XB1/PS4. What are the other leaderboards looking like? (360, PS3, PC) It seems like there would have to be at least 3-3.5 million in the first two days including other platforms.

BokehKing

Banned
The lag is far more of a problem on x1 at the moment, so much for that cloud power. I don't know if texture pop in is the connection or the game but you notice it when you first spawn

X1 controller is made for this game, but the ps4 controller for this game is above average at least, once I add those x1 sticks to it, should increase my productivity on those maps

Even though the x1 version is not as nice to look at and has multiple issues to me, I still went season pass on there over the ps4

BokehKing

Banned
Leaderboard

X1=985K Players

PS4= 1,188,114 players

WiiU= 0

I think people are still playing Destiny

So there are about 2.2 million players in the first 2 days just on XB1/PS4. What are the other leaderboards looking like? (360, PS3, PC) It seems like there would have to be at least 3-3.5 million in the first two days including other platforms.
True, can someone add the ps3 & 360 leaderboard user totals please.

DirtyLarry

I do not really play MP these days. Truth be told my reflexes and response time are just not what they used to be. The rare times i do check it out i get my ass handed to me.
Well AW is no different, after playing 2 matches i wound up with a KD ratio of. 67, but I have to say i did have fun checking it out. I will check it out again.

The Beard

I really don't like TDM and Kill Confirmed in this game. The maps are just too big to not have an objective focus. I can go over a minute in a round of TDM without seeing an enemy.

With Exo abilities I find that hard to believe, unless everyone is camping.

Hugstable

Banned
Oh man that final scene is so great, the whole game ran amazing on my PS4. Such a great campaign overall with alot of fun levels. Not as much bullshit moments either, at least on Hardened. Probably gonna save a Veteran run for another day.

Survival gives you Zombie gear.
Campaign gave me a gun and Atlas gear.
Ok thanks.

I'm real disappointed almost all that stuff is locked off to me, I play against bots all the time in private matches or offline and it looks like there's no way to earn 90% of the stuff in this game that way.

ViciousDS

Banned
Do you know if there was a similar issue with dedis not working the first couple days, or were they there right from day 1?

First couple days of ghost had matchmaking issues. Once you got into a match you were fine. This is the exact opposite...easy matchmaking utter shit when in a match

Ok thanks.

I'm real disappointed almost all that stuff is locked off to me, I play against bots all the time in private matches or offline and it looks like there's no way to earn 90% of the stuff in this game that way.
Yeah, campaign probably has a lot more than the basic set I got.
Intel and Veteran probably unlock stuff.

Joco

I've said it before but I really hope Treyarch doesn't do Black Ops 3 after this. The exo-skeleton is a big change but everything else - guns, killstreaks, maps, all of it has that futuristic vibe to it which was also present in Black Ops 2. I love sci-fi but at this point I'd be thrilled if we got to see COD return to WW2. I think it's been long enough.

Top Bottom