• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I've said it before but I really hope Treyarch doesn't do Black Ops 3 after this. The exo-skeleton is a big change but everything else - guns, killstreaks, maps, all of it has that futuristic vibe to it which was also present in Black Ops 2. I love sci-fi but at this point I'd be thrilled if we got to see COD return to WW2. I think it's been long enough.

For better or worse, I think BO3 is inevitable.

Sojgat

It's the way that it is. Even watching youtube videos of people playing TDM they just run around barely seeing the enemy.

Depends on the map. Some are too big for TDM, but I'd rather they keep them in the playlist then make them mode specific.

jeffc919

First couple days of ghost had matchmaking issues. Once you got into a match you were fine. This is the exact opposite...easy matchmaking utter shit when in a match

It's just really strange. Maybe they're waiting for the initial mad rush to calm down before flipping the switch? I just don't get it. The infrastructure is obviously already in place from last year. There's an AMA on reddit with the devs from a couple days ago and they're very evasive on the question too (a simple "yes" that there will be dedicated servers the first time it was asked, and ignored all follow-up questions about which platforms, etc.)

I've said it before but I really hope Treyarch doesn't do Black Ops 3 after this. The exo-skeleton is a big change but everything else - guns, killstreaks, maps, all of it has that futuristic vibe to it which was also present in Black Ops 2. I love sci-fi but at this point I'd be thrilled if we got to see COD return to WW2. I think it's been long enough.
I don't see that ever happening. Can people go back to no enhanced movement? I have doubts.

So PC guys, worth getting? Are you worried about the game dying off in the future? Or is this a concern that isn't worth worrying about?

Atlas, you didn't tell me there were anti-gravity suits?!

6rv3qQ8l.jpg

EfeZ6VWl.jpg

I don't see that ever happening. Can people go back to no enhanced movement? I have doubts.

Play as a super secret military group during WW2 as they infiltrate a Nazi research facility in search of biological weapons. But the group gets more than they bargained for as they discover the worlds first exoskeletons...

Black Ops: Before the Numbers. Coming 2015.

Its so nice to have a good call of duty for once.

Does anyone else feel like their thumbs are constantly slipping off the analog stick on the dual shock 4?

I'm thinking about buying some of those replacement Xbox one sticks and installing them.

NYR

I've lost out on maybe 10 kills today because I didn't have enough ammo or had to reload when emptying a clip. Really need extended mags.

PepperedHam

Kind of bummed to not see connection woes on Sledgehammer's agenda (granted this may only be a select few things) considering it seems to be a large concern among a large group of players. At the least a brief mention that they acknowledge the issue would be nice.

Here are some of the polish items that we are working on (not in priority order). Would love to hear from you on other top opportunities for improvement. Please share your voice and help Advanced Warfare be the best community built game to date.

1) MP chat icon size and placement.

2) Kill confirmed score limit

3) Camo challenge tuning

4) Prestige emblem reset

5) Speed reload timing

6) 2XP messaging

7) Score mismatch when player leaves public lobby. (Doesn't affect Combat Record)

8) COD Vision team color improvements

See you on the other side,

Anyone playing on PS3? What's the population like?

By the way, how useful would touchpad controls be for this game for PS4?

It sounds like there are a lot of new movements that are crammed into the standard control scheme?

Rizific

So PC guys, worth getting? Are you worried about the game dying off in the future? Or is this a concern that isn't worth worrying about?

i dont think you should be concerned about being able to find games in the future. i think you should be worried about p2p multiplayer.

Sojgat

Kind of bummed to not see connection woes on Sledgehammer's agenda (granted this may only be a select few things) considering it seems to be a large concern among a large group of players. At the least a brief mention that they acknowledge the issue would be nice.

They probably don't want to acknowledge their shitful netcode just in case they can't fix it.

Well, at least they're doing something about the stupid reload glitch.

Vidpixel

Oh thank goodness they have acknowledged the mic chat stuff. It's literally my only major quibble in regards to the sleek H.U.D.

I am really enjoying the campaign, I think I've almost finished it. There have been some really cool set pieces and some equally cool/creative quiet levels. My biggest complain is that the quick time events are ridiculously small and way, way too easy to miss. I am getting better at seeing them, but I still miss one here and there and it's a bummer because it stops the forward momentum of some great set piece moments. Aside from that though I am having a blast.

ironcreed

Banned
Finally tried multiplayer and really dig it, other than the one freeze I had. It simply feels like good old silky smooth COD with fun new mechanics, which is what it needed. It's going to be fun to spend some time with.

MattyG

Banned
Oh lawd. I've hit my stride. For the last 3 hours I've been going around 25/10 in every match, consistently. Once all the movement and abilities and everything click, it's amazing.

My favourite setup is the AK12 with the kick grip and fast ADS grip w/ silencer. It's damn good for hardcore, thing has great stopping power and it's a laser.
The Bal-27 is objectively the best.

OneUh8

Well I finished up Shadow of Mordor tonight. Going to bring it up to Best Buy tomorrow to trade in and pick up AW. Excited to get my first COD since MW2.

Oh lawd. I've hit my stride. For the last 3 hours I've been going around 25/10 in every match, consistently. Once all the movement and abilities and everything click, it's amazing.

The Bal-27 is objectively the best.

I see this gun everywhere. It's already turning into a Black Ops 1 FAMAS situation where every other person is using the exact same gun, and I'm finding myself getting frustrated with it quite quickly.

Denzel

trying to explain to friends why i'm upset CoD doesn't have dedicated servers when they have no clue what fucking P2P is or how the connection works in this game is fucking dumb

they think what I'm talking about is "petty" and they're saying shit like " dude it's just a game"

Sojgat

Ok, now everyone has full bars, but the game is choppy as fuck.

I'm just going to play the campaign, and hope they sort this out.

HelloMeow

hKGjwhZ.png

Now we're getting somewhere. The thing I hate about this is that I know it can go to shit for no good reason any moment because of the temperamental netcode.

MattyG

Banned
I see this gun everywhere. It's already turning into a Black Ops 1 FAMAS situation where every other person is using the exact same gun, and I'm finding myself getting frustrated with it quite quickly.
Really? I see it quite a bit, but I don't think it's as bad as the FAMAS was. I see a lot of people using the shotgun, the laser gun, and the submachine guns too.

trying to explain to friends why i'm upset CoD doesn't have dedicated servers when they have no clue what fucking P2P is or how the connection works in this game is fucking dumb

they think what I'm talking about is "petty" and they're saying shit like " dude it's just a game"

they're kinda right, this stuff isn't worth losing sleep over. Just focus on having fun.

Denzel

they're kinda right, this stuff isn't worth losing sleep over. Just focus on having fun.

I know I'm fine, I'm just saying sometimes you get shitty deaths and sometimes bullets don't register from time to time whatever, they're saying i should just appreciate the game or whatever, but at the same time I fkn paid $60 for the game... so i have the right to complain about whatever I want and on top of that im not even bitching about it that much im just stating what i think... shit's frustrating lmao

Duxxy3

The bal scenario reminds me of the carbine from titanfall. It's the first weapon you start off with and you never have to change unless you want to mix things up.

SZips

This might be my favorite Call of Duty game since Black Ops and possibly Modern Warfare. I'm also glad I haven't really run into any of these apparent connection issues that some of you have. Maybe it's a platform thing? I'm on PC for what it's worth.

HGStormy

Banned
Thinking of picking this up.. Still not sure.

Which CoD is it most comparable to in terms of TTK, maps, spawns, gunplay, etc?

Duxxy3

Overall I would saw MW3 is the closest comparison. That's a comparison without any exo movement. With exo movement it's not comparable to any other COD. The movement changes everything. Large maps are much smaller, gunplay isn't nearly as slow and tactical and spawns are everywhere because everyone is everywhere.

Caffeine

Mw3 fused with blops 2 and then add exo movement on top of that to make the gameplay faster.

my best game was 21-3-0 so far in tdm

Top Bottom