• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Weird, because all of his gripes are things that I'm actually enjoying about Advanced Warfare. I actually like that the score streaks aren't completely overpowered and that you have to rely more on your gun-on-gun skills to go on high streaks.

I also like how it doesn't feel like your traditional Call of Duty game because we've already had plenty of those in the past. The new Exo movements really do add a new and interesting dynamic to consider in the Call of Duty sandbox, which I am fond of quite a bit.

Different strokes for different folks. I personally long for a CoD that caters to the high body bag count players with over the top, insane and unbalanced gameplay. I'll just sit patiently and continue to keep my fingers crossed for a MW/MW2 HD remake.

HiiiLife

Different strokes for different folks. I personally long for a CoD that caters to the high body bag count players with over the top, insane and unbalanced gameplay. I'll just sit patiently and continue to keep my fingers crossed for a MW/MW2 HD remake.

Cosign. I honestly feel they are dropping the ball if they don't release MW HD in 2016. I don't care if its not 10 years. The only way Infinity Ward can be mentioned by me again is if they do that during their CoD phase.

Phear

Shit is such bullshit when that happens. Like you know when you get fucked over.

I swear no game has ever made me as angry as CoD does.

But its like crack. Jesus.

Yep, in my early years i raged alot. I kept calm with recent games, but AW got me all angry again. I want my CoD-dose, but AW really upsets me. I guess, i'll come back in a month and try again.

Vidpixel

Cosign. I honestly feel they are dropping the ball if they don't release MW HD in 2016. I don't care if its not 10 years. The only way Infinity Ward can be mentioned by me again is if they do that during their CoD phase.

I'm sure that it'll happen eventually. People would buy that package in a heartbeat.

HiiiLife

I'm sure that it'll happen eventually. People would buy that package in a heartbeat.

Yup. And Activision knows remasters can sell like hotcakes. Especially if its CoD that I'm assuming a lot of players consider to be their favorite. Gotta get in on that remaster money Bobby Kotick.

nbraun80

Shit is such bullshit when that happens. Like you know when you get fucked over.

I swear no game has ever made me as angry as CoD does.

But its like crack. Jesus.

lol same here, nothing gets me quite as angry as COD, but I can't stop. ha One friend told me jokingly he only plays COD to hear my comments in party chat. ha ready for halo to pull me away from this next week

Went vom 1.7 to 1.0, Netcode fucked me real good last night.

I hear you.

I went from 1.03 at launch, to 1.27 last night, and then to 1.20 tonight. I played about 20 matches today, and the netcode fucked me in all of them. I am constantly in a state of flux about my opinion of the game. I want to love it as much as MW2, I really do. The gameplay feels amazing with all the exo movement skills and the general smoothness of play. But the netcode and general lag/lag compensation or whatever you want to call it is SO BAD. Worse than MW3. Worse than Black Ops 2. I am emptying entire magazines into people's backs, only for them to turn around and one shot me.

Juicylamp

Banned
Jesus, SMGS still dominates multiplayer in long range why did even bother putting LMGs

Don't blaspheme.

The Assault Rifles are still the bomb when it comes to long range, I just can't get my head around the burst fire rifles though, feels like they do MUCH less damage than the starting AR.

If they do release CoD Remastered, I hope they do it like Halo MCC

I dont want COD4 touched... add in game ending killcams and new modes though

I wouldnt be against removing stopping power and juggernaut and replacing it with flak jacket though. grenade spam was something.

Vire

The Manticore vacination was already given to them when they were inducted into Atlas.

Spacey is trying to convince himself he's not a shithead, so he decides not to kill his son's former best friend and his former best operative. It's a "My beef was never with you" moment.

Gideon was never going to be stuck in the EXO for life. It was more "Argh, fuck it. Go after him, I'll deal with this".

But "AHH, MITCHELL!" negates that all. They go for such a cliche ending.
Your rational makes it slightly better. Thanks haha.

HiiiLife

Don't blaspheme.

The Assault Rifles are still the bomb when it comes to long range, I just can't get my head around the burst fire rifles though, feels like they do MUCH less damage than the starting AR.

Yup. The burst rifle that prints ammo is so inconsistent for me. Torso shots all day and they still don't die.

Only on mission 4 so far in the campaign but I think the story / campaign has been excellent. Not to mention production values are obviously through the roof.

Oh and the Kevin Spacey hype? Totally worth it. His acting and voice work so far has been stellar.

HiiiLife

I wouldnt be against removing stopping power and juggernaut and replacing it with flak jacket though. grenade spam was something.

Add War and I'll never leave my room. War is legit my favorite Call of Duty gametype. It wouldn't be fair to say TDM or FFA are my favs because well they're in every shooter out there.

I haven't played enough shooters to see if they have War in it. I just know W@W did and I love it.

Leave everything untouched and give us native 1080p @ 60fps with no drops or tearing. Also, trophies for CoD4 since PS fans never got them.

Sorry if someone already answered this, I've been searching and haven't found a definitive answer:

If I bought my copy (digitally) on Xbox One, do I get the 360 version as well?

Will be fairly annoyed if the answer is no, simply due to it working the other way around. Won't be surprised though if this is the case to be honest.

Jrs3000

Sorry if someone already answered this, I've been searching and haven't found a definitive answer:

Will be fairly annoyed if the answer is no, simply due to it working the other way around. Won't be surprised though if this is the case to be honest.

NO. Have to buy 360 version then you get xb1 version also.

Small bug.
When I join a lobby I obviously have 0 points and it shows other players their previous match points.
When the match is about to begin and the teams are grouped. The players names get moved around but the scores don't, so it may now show I have 1900 points for example.

Why is everything so nerfed in this game? Scorestreaks are nerfed, sniping is nerfed, melee is nerfed, and the list goes on. Also, WTF with headshots not being a 1 shot kill... I've lost count of the number of headshot hitmarkers (the double hitmarker) I've got that didn't kill. This is a new low when headshots don't kill.

eek5

There was just a playlist update on Xbox One.

Hopefully it fixes the problem with me being bad at this game.

It's an upgrade program, not a downgrade program.

Then why is it cross buy on Sony platforms? According to all the documentation/articles I've read it's that way there. If that's incorrect then I can accept the weak excuse of "upgrade not downgrade".

Didn't know that. The COD website said the upgrade only applied to last gen versions.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Then why is it cross buy on Sony platforms? According to all the documentation/articles I've read it's that way there. If that's incorrect then I can accept the weak excuse of "upgrade not downgrade".

does xbox platform support cross-buy? always thought that was a sony/playstation thing between vita/ps3/ps4

Didn't know that. The COD website said the upgrade only applied to last gen versions.

Yeah, there's even a Sony FAQ about it that I found here:

https://support.us.playstation.com/.../~/call-of-duty:-advanced-warfare-information

Specifically:

Cross-Buy/Digital Upgrade

If you do not see the PS3 or PS4 version in the PSN store, do the following:

You must use the same PSN account you purchased the game to obtain the Cross-Buy version.
Please ensure you choose the exact same product your purchased for your Cross-Buy option in store.
For example: If you purchased Day Zero Edition on the PS3 you need to find the Day Zero Edition on the PS4.

For PS3 version:

Go to the PS3 PSN store.
Search for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in the store.
The price will show "Free" or "Download".
Click the"Free" or "Download" and you will be taken to the "Download List".
Now go to the PS4 and the item is ready for download in the PSN Store.

For PS4 version:

Restore PS4 licences. [Settings] > [PSN] > [Restore License].
Go to the PS3 PSN store and you can now download the item.

does xbox platform support cross-buy? always thought that was a sony/playstation thing between vita/ps3/ps4

Probably not, but it's part of my issue with this since it's looking like it's no go for MS platforms. :/

SilentFlyer

I can confirm this. Bought PS4 copy of the game and when chcked the Download list, PS3 version along ita bonus was there. Not sure about XB1 though.

sam777

Also, WTF with headshots not being a 1 shot kill... I've lost count of the number of headshot hitmarkers (the double hitmarker) I've got that didn't kill. This is a new low when headshots don't kill.

Yep, this really infuriates me as well. This should be an instant death.

Phear

I went from 1.03 at launch, to 1.27 last night, and then to 1.20 tonight. I played about 20 matches today, and the netcode fucked me in all of them. I am constantly in a state of flux about my opinion of the game. I want to love it as much as MW2, I really do. The gameplay feels amazing with all the exo movement skills and the general smoothness of play. But the netcode and general lag/lag compensation or whatever you want to call it is SO BAD. Worse than MW3. Worse than Black Ops 2. I am emptying entire magazines into people's backs, only for them to turn around and one shot me.

Yup, EXACTLY my feelings. I was so excited about the new CoD, movement is crazy good, i just want to love it. Since Destiny is quite casual, i wanted a more refined, streamlined experience, which is what CoD should normally deliver. But it doesn't at all.

And - i'm sorry, but i gotta say it again and again: What's even worse than the netcode is the sound for me. Seriously, these are guys in fucking heavy exosuits. They can run, jump and boost in my fucking face but don't make a single sound? Not only is this odd, but it is annoying. I'm a sucker for sound and always rely on my ears first and my eyes later. But with AW, it's impossible. You hear gunfire from the other end of the map, but someone boosting right in front of you not a single sound.

If netcode was okay, i could live with that, because there would be a small chance of boosting away, turning and killing the guy chasing me over the half map, when you take the first hit. But with that netcode, first hit always means death. If you could tell from the footsteps, that a guy was behind you, you could avoid that first hit.

Man, as much, as everyone hates Ghosts, it was GOAT in regard of Multiplayer Sound. Amazing, how you could locate people just by listening.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Yup, EXACTLY my feelings. I was so excited about the new CoD, movement is crazy good, i just want to love it. Since Destiny is quite casual, i wanted a more refined, streamlined experience, which is what CoD should normally deliver. But it doesn't at all.

And - i'm sorry, but i gotta say it again and again: What's even worse than the netcode is the sound for me. Seriously, these are guys in fucking heavy exosuits. They can run, jump and boost in my fucking face but don't make a single sound? Not only is this odd, but it is annoying. I'm a sucker for sound and always rely on my ears first and my eyes later. But with AW, it's impossible. You hear gunfire from the other end of the map, but someone boosting right in front of you not a single sound.

If netcode was okay, i could live with that, because there would be a small chance of boosting away, turning and killing the guy chasing me over the half map, when you take the first hit. But with that netcode, first hit always means death. If you could tell from the footsteps, that a guy was behind you, you could avoid that first hit.

Man, as much, as everyone hates Ghosts, it was GOAT in regard of Multiplayer Sound. Amazing, how you could locate people just by listening.

this is not my experience at all. every time someone boosts i can hear it. are you sure they aren't using exo-mute or something?

Phear

Why is everything so nerfed in this game? Scorestreaks are nerfed, sniping is nerfed, melee is nerfed, and the list goes on. Also, WTF with headshots not being a 1 shot kill... I've lost count of the number of headshot hitmarkers (the double hitmarker) I've got that didn't kill. This is a new low when headshots don't kill.

Yup. If you need 5 bullets to the torso, it seams you need 4 to the head to kill. Two Shots (Or one, depending on distance, weapon etc) to the head should kill imo.

Well that and once that hybrid dedicated servers thing was introduced the game became pretty rock solid in terms of reliable one on one gunfight outcomes.

Phear

this is not my experience at all. every time someone boosts i can hear it. are you sure they aren't using exo-mute or something?

Yup, i'm sure. I did 30 games yesterday. Only my own footsteps are almost earbleeding loud. If i stand still and concentrate really hard, i can imagine, there is double-jumping sound from others. But never ever is there any boosting or running sound from other players for me. Neither 5.1 nor headset does it.

Phear

Well that and once that hybrid dedicated servers thing was introduced the game became pretty rock solid in terms of reliable one on one gunfight outcomes.

Fingers crossed we get dedicated / hybrid servers soon. But i don't think, they'll fix the sound. Still, i'm curious if it's a bug for me or really intentional. Will check over at a friends at the weekend.

Mastadon

Banned
Yup, i'm sure. I did 30 games yesterday. Only my own footsteps are almost earbleeding loud. If i stand still and concentrate really hard, i can imagine, there is double-jumping sound from others. But never ever is there any boosting or running sound from other players for me. Neither 5.1 nor headset does it.

Huh that's odd, I've had quite a bit of success by listening out for footsteps behind me. I've been really impressed with the sound thus far.

Having loads of fun in MP, love the mobility of the exo suits. My KDR is pretty dire at the moment though, still adjusting to kb+m.

I1le6BM.jpg

After 2 days. finally lol

Fingers crossed we get dedicated / hybrid servers soon. But i don't think, they'll fix the sound. Still, i'm curious if it's a bug for me or really intentional. Will check over at a friends at the weekend.
I have a good set of astros that I'd been fiddling with since launch but I still haven't been able to hear shit all regarding enemy footsteps. I never was able to hear enemy movements in either of the treyarch blops releases, resigning myself that this will likely be the go ahead for this game as well.

Again if the netcode/server issues can be addressed (I think MW3 ended up being serviceable after a while) I'd be more than willing to live with the current choices in sound design.

Phear

Huh that's odd, I've had quite a bit of success by listening out for footsteps behind me. I've been really impressed with the sound thus far.

Having loads of fun in MP, love the mobility of the exo suits. My KDR is pretty dire at the moment though, still adjusting to kb+m.

I tried standing still in the smallest hallways, closing my eyes and just listening - Nothing.

When the game starts and mates start running and boosting - Nothing.

Standing next to someone crushing a window? - Nothing.

All there is is gunfire/explosions across the whole map, my own footsteps while running and that medal-sound for earning Longshots and stuff. I tried turned music off to get the effects clearer. No change at all.

Are you on PS4 or Xbone?

Tokubetsu

Is the double tap reload for speed reload correct? Seen reports of it being correct and also it's a bug.

It's still bugged at least on X1. I just tried it. I can double tap reload and regular reload in the firing range but in an actual game all I ever do is the double tap reload even with a single press.

Phear

I have a good set of astros that I'd been fiddling with since launch but I still haven't been able to hear shit all regarding enemy footsteps. I never was able to hear enemy movements in either of the treyarch blops releases, resigning myself that this will likely be the go ahead for this game as well.

Again if the netcode/server issues can be addressed (I think MW3 ended up being serviceable after a while) I'd be more than willing to live with the current choices in sound design.

I like you :) Totally agree.

I got a really nice 5.1 Setup with Denon X4000 and Canton Chronos, i'm blown away every time i watch a movie. Dang - i'm even blown away by AW's Singleplayer Sound. Also i got some beyerdynamics Headphones lying around for nighttime game sessions. But that Multiplayer Sounddesign does nothing for me.

Carbonox

Maintaining a 1.27 k/d so far. I'm chuffed with that given this is my first COD since the first Modern Warfare. My buddy who's been playing COD forever hit 0.99 yesterday which made me giggle.

I know I can do better though but I'm hesitant to change tactics/weapons, etc. I'm doing well with a suppressed Bal but it seems going by this thread there are better weapons to use.

Regarding the scorestreak (or whatever they're called) specials, what are the best ones to have? I don't really ever use them anyway.

Top Bottom