• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Phear

It's still bugged at least on X1. I just tried it. I can double tap reload and regular reload in the firing range but in an actual game all I ever do is the double tap reload even with a single press.

For me, it's weapon dependant. With AK12 i'm always fast reloading, even with a single press. With KF5 it seems to work from time to time (not always ofc..)

Mastadon

Banned
I tried standing still in the smallest hallways, closing my eyes and just listening - Nothing.

When the game starts and mates start running and boosting - Nothing.

Standing next to someone crushing a window? - Nothing.

All there is is gunfire/explosions across the whole map, my own footsteps while running and that medal-sound for earning Longshots and stuff. I tried turned music off to get the effects clearer. No change at all.

Are you on PS4 or Xbone?

PC.

Tokubetsu

For me, it's weapon dependant. With AK12 i'm always fast reloading, even with a single press. With KF5 it seems to work from time to time (not always ofc..)

I should add that this was the with the HBAR (in both firing range and in game).

The glitch has definitely affected my "meta" game though. I actually watch my ammo count now since I can't afford to reload unless I'm sub 10 bullets in the clip.

Phear

Headphones? 5.1? From some twitch streams (PC) i fancied, sound was a whole lot different. At least the players own movement and gunfire was less noisy, so you could hear boosts sometimes. Still, there were not footstep sounds i could hear.

Phear

The glitch has definitely affected my "meta" game though. I actually watch my ammo count now since I can't afford to reload unless I'm sub 10 bullets in the clip.

I'm getting the gripe of not reloading after every kill now, too. Did Sledgehammer say anything about reloading? Is it officially a glitch?

CozMick

Banned
footsteps are fucked.

I hear my own as if they are attached to my ear drums, however when a guy is 2ft behind me I hear nothing.

But on the flipside I do see some people react to sound in the killcam when they kill me :/

Phear

footsteps are fucked.

I hear my own as if they are attached to my ear drums, however when a guy is 2ft behind me I hear nothing.

But on the flipside I do see some people react to sound in the killcam when they kill me :/

THIS! Via killcam there are so many situation where it could only be possible via sound they spotted me.

What's your system?

u4ea

Man, I'm getting worse every iteration of this game. :(

Tried going back to CoD 1, MW1, MW2 and I still kick ass in those. But I'm really struggling to maintain a positive K/D in every game after those. Getting lower every year.

Dalek

Finished the Campaign. I feel it loses some momentum after the
GG level

After that it seems to drag. And that line?
AHHHMITCHELL!!!!

Oy vey...

The accuracy and volume level of footstep location will apparently never again reach the heights of MW1 days. Shit was so well implemented. So it makes sense they threw it in the bin after that.

Rsinart

Gotta say I agree with those of you on PS4 not hearing footsteps. I have on Turtle Beach 510's and have tried all the sound profiles, and I can not hear footsteps from anyone besides myself.

Phear

The accuracy and volume level of footstep location will apparently never again reach the heights of MW1 days. Shit was so well implemented. So it makes sense they threw it in the bin after that.

With Ghosts it was amazing, too.

Even if i wouldn't care for it competition wise, it's just odd seeing people fly all over the map without sound. Screw accuracy, but give me anything at least. Please.

Nokterian

I1le6BM.jpg

After 2 days. finally lol

Dude 2 days of downloading? Man that sucks having one of the worst connections then :( Have fun though and do NOT put Shadow Cache On in graphic options leave that OFF!

I downloaded in less then 30 min the whole shabang.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm on ps4. Think some of are just playing against people using Exo mute...

The footsteps aren't ridiculous like previous games and there aren't any perks to enhance your hearing. I can definitely hear people running by when they are close to me and not using exomute. It's not like elephants stampeding like previous cods.

Phear

I'm on ps4. Think some of are just playing against people using Exo mute...

The footsteps aren't ridiculous like previous games and there aren't any perks to enhance your hearing. I can definitely hear people running by when they are close to me and not using exomute. It's not like elephants stampeding like previous cods.

The odds of 30 Games with 12 people all using Exo mute are quite small.

I tested it with a friend. I'm standing still, he runs behind me, in front of me, he jumps, boosts... all i get is a quiet *thmp* when he uses double jump. Nothing else.

This game has the best CoD campaign in years, but it is way shorter then I expected. I finished the game in about 4 hours and 30 minutes.

I know people always joke about how short the campaigns are every year, but I've honestly never completed a CoD campaign this quickly. The majority of the missions was only 20-25 minutes and that was pretty disappointing even by CoD's standards.

I didn't like the ending either, but I can see why Sledgehammer went with that as they probably want to make a sequel.

Cronnie

Was quite surprised by how few of my PSN friends list seem to have bought AW, most of them are still on Destiny or Battlefield.

Applied for the GAF clan, so hopefully find a few more people to party up with there.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I didn't have a good headset for MW1 but the footstep sounds in Black Ops were pretty awesome.

CDV13

Damn man. This game is fun, I can't buy it until next week or so and have been playing on my roommate's game and XONE. I own a PS4. I just cannot get used to these sticks. I feel like they are way too loose compared to the PS4's and am having a real hard time adjusting. I'm doing alright, but way worse than I usually do for COD games.

HEY ACTIVISION: I bought your stupidly expensive season pass, maybe stop throwing up pop up ads I have to click through in the freaking game advertising it. YOU KNOW I ALREADY BOUGHT IT. Assholes.

BokehKing

Banned
There are games where my bullets don't hit at all due to connection and I go 0-15

That pissess me off and why I want dedicated servers, then I have to listen to some chump 15 year old from the south talking crap, put me on even ground (dedicated servers)

On another note, is it just me or is there no claymore in this game?

I was getting tired of lag and losing 1 on 1 fights like 90% of the time, even long range ones, so I started exclusively using one-hit kill weapons.
MORS with ACOG scope for better peripheral vision, shotgun and railgun pistol with range increasing addons.
My K/D almost tripled since, I am now able to get 500-600 scorestreaks, sometimes even twice per match.
No more frustration during shootouts, enjoying the game a lot more!

Ensoul

Played some momentum and uplink and and those modes were fun. Love the fact kills are only worth 25 points as well.

At about 10:00 last night the lag was very bad on the ps4 to the point were i could not even connect. When I did it was a slide show.

I jumped onto the single player and played a few missions. So far so good.

fozzy

Anyone got space for an UK objective player that keeps getting put with team mates that just stare at you as you're trying to capture B dom over and over?

Rv FuriousRunt

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Anyone else chase someone in mp unloading clips into them and you can see they're taking damage but they just turn and pop you even when you're still behind them, it's getting annoying.
Also the bullets round corners need to be fixed, it's more insulting when the kill cam shows they had no way of hitting you.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Anyone else chase someone in mp unloading clips into them and you can see they're taking damage but they just turn and pop you even when you're still behind them, it's getting annoying.
Also the bullets round corners need to be fixed, it's more insulting when the kill cam shows they had no way of hitting you.

Yes many people are having that problem. Even stationary opponents facing the other way have been hard to kill at point blank range with an SMG. That was my whole first day.

Yesterday I was on the right side of what were probably bad connections for the people I was killing.

I'd be less concerned about footsteps than the guy who is going to jump over buildings and land next to you.

This isn't previous COD's.. comparing your K/D now to them is pointless until you master the movement system.

Seems like a PS4 Problem then? Got feedback from other guys who are happy with locating enemies via sound on Xbone, but none on PS4...

I sound whore EASILY with relatively cheap PX4's on the PS4. Exo suit movements of enemies are also super easy to hear and locate. You need a decent dolby set of cans to properly identify location of enemies. Stereo, which the controller outputs, does little to aid in location.

aravuus

The sound stage in MP is rubbish, you hear very little movement from other players.

I use A40's with a mixamp.

I feel other players' gunshots are also too silent. If someone kills me from 15 meters, I really should hear the gunshots clearly.

Really, everything that's not me is just so silent in multiplayer.

Rizzi

I played survival with a mate earlier. That shit gets hard at higher levels.
And we were only on the regular difficulty.

Phear

I sound whore EASILY with relatively cheap PX4's on the PS4. Exo suit movements of enemies are also super easy to hear and locate. You need a decent dolby set of cans to properly identify location of enemies. Stereo, which the controller outputs, does little to aid in location.

As stated previously, i''m rocking a good Dolby Set (Denon X4000 with Canton Chronos). There is no movement to be heard, i can assure you.

Even with Stereo - it's not only about the location - it's about ANY sound from other players being present at all. But there isn't.

As stated previously, i''m rocking a good Dolby Set (Denon X4000 with Canton Chronos). There is no movement to be heard, i can assure you.

Even with Stereo - it's not only about the location - it's about ANY sound being present at all. But there isn't.

That's a shame. Really i just cant compute. I'm hearing everything superbly. I even tried an old DSS 5.1 converter (v1) paired to a set of notoriously small soundstaged DT770 80's for some bass action... could hear footstep positions clearly. Nothing is close to some of the previous CoDs... but i personally can sound whore an area of the map without issue. (As long as they're not using exo mute lol)

Gunfire, even suppressed, is easy to pinpoint as well within say 25 meters.

RS4-

I only had enough time to squeeze in maybe 3 full games out of 5, but I too have problems with the lack of sound on ps4.

Or else I'd stop getting shot in the back from people running all over the place.

I think the game finally clicked, played ground war for 7 or 8 rounds and never got a k/d lower than 2. Managed to improve my k/d from 1.03 to 1.18.

glaurung

That accursed grenade challenge trophy! I suppose you need to go in with full battery and not use the EMP grenades since those drain your battery too?

Only gotten up to good rating with that one.

Top Bottom