• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I'm sitting here with my finger on the pre load button, staring at the thread hoping to see something that will convince me to buy it or not.

I said myself I wouldn't buy another game day 1 after Destiny but I'm just in need of something fresh to play.

Mayyhem

I'm sitting here with my finger on the pre load button, staring at the thread hoping to see something that will convince me to buy it or not.

I said myself I wouldn't buy another game day 1 after Destiny but I'm just in need of something fresh to play.

I did the same for a while. I just pulled the trigger on the pre-load button. 13% downloading...

JLeack

Banned
I can kind of understand why no one communicated on PS3 because no one was given mics and the install base took a long time to catch up to 360, but the PS4 comes with a mic and the install base is insane for this early in its lifespan yet people still don't communicate. I'm not sure what the deal is but I'll compare it this way. I've only heard one other person talk in all my hours of playing TLOU remastered online on PS4 while the very first online road trip I took in FH 2 on One had at least 5 people talking to one another, and that was just in the first 5 minutes of jumping in. I don't know what it is but people with Xboxes just seem to be more social and I need that when I play COD online. I'm disappointed I won't be getting as many p's as I would on PS4 but everything else favors the One so that's where I'm going.

Its because of what types of gamers each brand appeals to. This has been beaten like a dead horse, so I won't go any further. I'll just say that I was PS3 exclusive all last gen and have noticed a huge difference when playing Xbox One games. I mean, even my experience in The Last of Us Remastered was completely quiet, and I played it hardcore for a full week.

I can kind of understand why no one communicated on PS3 because no one was given mics and the install base took a long time to catch up to 360, but the PS4 comes with a mic and the install base is insane for this early in its lifespan yet people still don't communicate. I'm not sure what the deal is but I'll compare it this way. I've only heard one other person talk in all my hours of playing TLOU remastered online on PS4 while the very first online road trip I took in FH 2 on One had at least 5 people talking to one another, and that was just in the first 5 minutes of jumping in. I don't know what it is but people with Xboxes just seem to be more social and I need that when I play COD online. I'm disappointed I won't be getting as many p's as I would on PS4 but everything else favors the One so that's where I'm going.
Party system is where it's at on PS4.

Boof

I'm looking to get good headphones for my PS4 since I'll be playing this in the wee hours of the morning and don't want to disturb my roommates. Can spend around $100-$150. I found a thread about headphones in general but wasn't sure about some for PS4 with a mic and everything.

Nokterian

Once more for the new page

This is me in a match yesterday on Riot. (Ps4)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mYqBey-sdV0

Netcode is pretty solid by the looks of it. Game looks beautiful a lot more color then ghosts also loving the sound and traversal.

I'm looking to get good headphones for my PS4 since I'll be playing this in the wee hours of the morning and don't want to disturb my roommates. Can spend around $100-$150. I found a thread about headphones in general but wasn't sure about some for PS4 with a mic and everything.

Get these best value and download the companion app in the playstation store. There around 90 euro's so 80/90 dollars

X9Bwr67.jpg

Works with PS3/4 and Vita.

My gamestop is having a midnight launch party, I am getting this tonight. I am hyped for the single player :) Never thought i'd day that again for a COD game.

jacobs34

I'm actually thankful to go to work today, it will make the wait easier. Watching The Race has me very hyped to hop in.

Trose

Neo Member
I've been playing it the last two days. I'm halfway through the campaign and level 20 in multiplayer. I love it so far, I'm hooked on COD again after being turned off by Ghosts. The gameplay is fast and very smooth and fluid. Everything feels very polished, it's the slickest COD yet, in my opinion. I was very surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. I'm curious to see how fans respond, I'm thinking that this could reinvigorate the COD franchise.

Xater

It's currently making it's rounds on Twitter and it has to be posted. What a hilarious screenshot of AW:

b1dlyizcyaayyth.jpg-muzbm.jpeg

I've been playing it the last two days. I'm halfway through the campaign and level 20 in multiplayer. I love it so far, I'm hooked on COD again after being turned off by Ghosts. The gameplay is fast and very smooth and fluid. Everything feels very polished, it's the slickest COD yet, in my opinion. I was very surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. I'm curious to see how fans respond, I'm thinking that this could reinvigorate the COD franchise.

Just curious, what platform are you playing on?

Crysis 2 & 3, Titanfall and AW seem to have speed and verticality in common, which is great.

AW is much slower than Crysis 2, 3, Titanfall, and even Destiny. There's no real system for gathering momentum like wall running in titanfall or feathering your movement mode in Destiny.

The tacked-on Exo maneuvering is probably the biggest "expectations vs reality" letdown in the game. I expect to see it brought up a lot in reviews. There is no comparison to Titanfall, and I even feel more mobile/agile in Destiny.

hunchback

I need some advice from COD vet's. Is this game worth picking up for single player? If I purchase this game I would probably spend 60-70% of my time in single player. My other question. Is it worth buying the version that unlocks early if I'm mostly playing single player?
I don't want to get burned again buying a digital download. Thank you for any info you might provide.

Euron

Thanks.

So whats the status on the whole 'leaked'
Zombies
thing? Is it real? 'Cause thats what would make me buy it.
Apparently it's a secret bonus wave in the Survival Mode and not an additional mode itself. I'm just going based on info from another thread.

I'm so hyped that, im thinking of trading in my $20 off pre-ordered hard copy and just getting digital right now, pre-loading, and playing tonight...

Am I making a mistake? :p

Is it unlocking for play at 11pm EST tonight?

No. If you go digital you don't have to deal with smelly annoying weirdos at the store. That's why I went digital. COD midnight releases are the worst.

Ambient80

Netcode is pretty solid by the looks of it. Game looks beautiful a lot more color then ghosts also loving the sound and traversal.

Get these best value and download the companion app in the playstation store.

X9Bwr67.jpg

Those headphones also work on Xbox one if you have the headset adapter. They are excellent headphones. Very comfy and you can change chat/game sound balance easily. I love mine.

The big factor is people actually communicate and socialize on Xbox. I was PS exclusive last gen and saw a dramatic shift in my experience when I went multi console this gen.

If by communicating you mean getting called racial slurs all day by 12 year olds then cool. I'd rather not talk to randoms to be honest.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Torn as to whether I want to attend the midnight launch at my local Microsoft Store. I have to be at work at 6am, but I think I'll have a good shot at maybe winning something since they do giveaways. I mean, how many people could've possibly preordered there?

meanspartan

Get these best value and download the companion app in the playstation store. There around 90 euro's so 80/90 dollars

X9Bwr67.jpg

I actually just bought those a few weeks ago and REALLY like the sound quality, but god damn do they feel flimsy. I also worry they are gonna break. They can bend inwards for portability, but I almost wish they didn't those hinges don't look that tough.

Alienous

It's currently making it's rounds on Twitter and it has to be posted. What a hilarious screenshot of AW:

Kevin Spacey has a brilliantly funny line that comes out of nowhere that I'm sure will be popping up all over the place in the next few days.

PS4. Framerate is rock solid. Cut scenes are as close to realistic as I've seen in a game yet.

I know it won't look quite as crisp on the One but I hope the framerate is just as solid. If there ends up being that big of a difference in the face/off and the game is that good, I might just get it on both the One and PS4.

If by communicating you mean getting called racial slurs all day by 12 year olds then cool. I'd rather not talk to randoms to be honest.

Maybe I'm really lucky but I've rarely ever encountered the whole "racist 12 year old" stereotype in CoD. I'm sure it exists but I can't help but feel like its frequency is really exaggerated. Usually when I hear younger kids they're mostly just yelling out whatever is happening in their game (not that it's not annoying). Mostly though people are pretty cool and are just casually conversing with each other.

hydruxo

I can't watch this The Race stream man haha. I hate streams where they just talk about their sponsors and donations and shit the whole time. Somebody donated $250 and they said "Wow thanks you get a signed Advanced Warfare poster!"

Game looks great though.

Xater

I can't watch this The Race stream man haha. I hate streams where they just talk about their sponsors and donations and shit the whole time. Somebody donated $250 and they said "Wow thanks you get a signed Advanced Warfare poster!"

Game looks great though.

I mean it's fine if you thank your donors but just doing that is bad. Makes it really unwatchable. Talk about the game you are playing man!

Nah, I like meeting and talking with randoms. I don't care about anybody enough online to only want to talk to them unless they're friends I actually hang out with in real life.

Oh, I get it, I'm just saying that it seems like more people party up on the ps4 and roll like that instead of random chat. Every 5 minutes I get a notification that so and so friend has joined a party lol; that shit was almost nonexistent on the ps3. I'm an older dude, so random chatting with people on COD is not typically an enjoyable experience for me lol.

AdanVC

Not a fan of COD but looking forward to read impressions, reviews and screenshots of this game on the Screenshot thread :) Great OT.

I was thinking about downloading this game digital but there's no way I'll play this game all year without trading it. Gonna go with the disc on this one.

meanspartan

Does embargo lift before midnight? I really want to go to midnight launch, but want to make sure this game is getting mostly 8s or higher.

sp3000

This stereotype seems to have come from the early Halo 3 days more than 7 years ago. 90 percent of time game lobbies are completely silent these days.

Top Bottom