• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Jaeger

Been using my second account most of the week. Been getting almost entirely different elites from the original account. I'll update this post with what I got later today.

patchday

Is there a thread dedicated to the Havoc DLC? Just purchased it. Seems really good! Just did my first match and lived to round 14 (26mins). Just wondering do these survivors ever make it out of the lab if anyone knows

Ganhyun

definitely dislike the exo suit in multiplayer. feels like a huge step backwards for COD for me. Feels like they are pushing the run and gun on everyone. I liked sniping, and find it useless in multiplayer here since it takes multiple hits to kill someone and they can easily dodge out of the way. welp, if this is the direction of COD, im out for good.

patchday

Btw, above I was talking bout the new Coop xombie mode.

Yeah I really dig the Exo-suits but I'm a scifi shooter fan. Not really into modern day combat. But I did used to love Rainbow Six Vegas (xbox 360) & some other shooters. But scifi is really where my heart is

zychi

Banned
definitely dislike the exo suit in multiplayer. feels like a huge step backwards for COD for me. Feels like they are pushing the run and gun on everyone. I liked sniping, and find it useless in multiplayer here since it takes multiple hits to kill someone and they can easily dodge out of the way. welp, if this is the direction of COD, im out for good.
Play hardcore

Daffy Duck

Wut, the sniping in this game is stupid, I constantly get one shotted by snipers.

This game takes zero skill to snipe.

p3tran

Banned
its a shame that p2p ruins this game.
I mean, when you know your guns, and you know how many bullets it takes to drop someone, and you constantly are getting matches that you need twice as many shots to drop your enemy, well, thats a perfectly good reason to play something else instead.

patchday

Wut, the sniping in this game is stupid, I constantly get one shotted by snipers.

You might be running out in the open a bit too much. I usually just coop in this game lately due to the xombie DLC but last time I played deathmatch I think my K/D was 17/3. Yeah people will quick scope you but a good gun will pop someone in 2-3 shots anyways (my memory is fuzzy how many shots it takes right now with my AR)

its a shame that p2p ruins this game.
I mean, when you know your guns, and you know how many bullets it takes to drop someone, and you constantly are getting matches that you need twice as many shots to drop your enemy, well, thats a perfectly good reason to play something else instead.

Dedicated servers are always preferred when available for any shooter

Putch

Neo Member

In my opinion, snipers in this game are perfectly balanced. Not sure what game mode you are experiencing this in, but I play a lot of Ground War. You can't quickscope players easily in this game because of how slow it takes to aim down sight. Also, exo movements make it difficult for snipers and they barely get a positive K/D.

I personally found snipers in Black Ops 2 bothersome than any other Call of Duty games. You can quickscope players easily and randomly, with no skill. I'm sure David Vonderhaar regrets making snipers this deadly.

I know every Call of Duty ends up having a few weapons that are used more than anything else, but the ASM1 is seriously breaking this game right now. I haven't seen a gun used this much since the MP40 in WaW. Obviously the last nerf didn't help, so they need to just nerf this thing into oblivion. You're at a huge disadvantage if you use anything else.

Seriously, outside of the MP40, has there ever been a gun in COD used more than this gun is being used right now? M16 in COD4 wasn't. Ump in MW2 wasn't. Famas in BO wasn't. None of those were ever close.

Putch

Neo Member

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1016695

shinobi said it wasn't real.

I know every Call of Duty ends up having a few weapons that are used more than anything else, but the ASM1 is seriously breaking this game right now. I haven't seen a gun used this much since the MP40 in WaW. Obviously the last nerf didn't help, so they need to just nerf this thing into oblivion. You're at a huge disadvantage if you use anything else.

Seriously, outside of the MP40, has there ever been a gun in COD used more than this gun is being used right now? M16 in COD4 wasn't. Ump in MW2 wasn't. Famas in BO wasn't. None of those were ever close.

This is very much true. There needs to be more weapon variety because I still see the majority of the players using Bal and ASM1's, including the pro players. MW, MW2, MW3, BO, BO2, and Ghosts had lots of variety of weapons which were competitive. In my opinion, they still need to slightly buff some of the SMG's and Assault rifles.

SMG's like the SN6 and MP11 could use either a slight rate of fire or damage buff. Assault rifles like the AK12, Hbra3 (Base Weapon only, many of the variants are already really good and competitive) and MK14, also need either a rate of fire or damage buff.

p3tran

Banned
"just when i thought i was out..."

1167581_o.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gyPd7eIn10

perplex looks like a muted palette sunset overdrive thing, grapple looks good and a new exozombie thing

why on earth does this game NOT run on dedis?!!!!!!!!

Daffy Duck

Haven't played in a while, and it was try hard central on HP, then I ran through a door way and some dick was stood in a corner....I dropped the c bomb because his clan tag was tnuc I then heard my GF slam the bedroom door.

Damn this game.

p3tran

Banned
.. we will see how grapple plays, I would prefer though if instead of grapple they copied the wallrun mechanic that titanfall and sunset overdrive do so well.
(I guess they have to edit existing maps a bit for grapple to work, so the same work more or less for wallrun instead)

but again, for the love of god, put this freakin' game on dedicated servers activision!! wtf's wrong with you?

Toa TAK

Banned
dont know yet. march 31st , 2 days :)

supposedly there will be something like a ...mini boss now. 8)
if you have a party of 4, this is a great mode and its too bad they put it on dlc only.
What?! That's so sweet. Mini bosses are usually pretty good in zombies. Unless it's George Romero...

p3tran

Banned
What?! That's so sweet. Mini bosses are usually pretty good in zombies. Unless it's George Romero...
here:
When Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’s Ascendance DLC drops this week, players will be going up against some tougher challenges in Exo Zombies mode.

“It’s all zombies, all of the time,” says High Moon Studios Matt Tieger, head of the team focusing purely on zombies play for Ascendance.

“This was our first chance to run with this. There’s a couple of key areas where we’ve added some new pieces to what was already working.”

The most significant change is the introduction of a mini boss, something that should change the way players work co-operatively.

“We added what most of our focus testers are referring to a mini boss,” he says. “Around wave ten there’s a big guy with a riot shield and hammer. He changes the co-op play style.

“In Exo Zombies often players split apart and take the threats between the four of them. If you do that with this guy you’re going to have a hard time. He’s really a 4 vs 1 strategy. It requires focused fire.”
http://www.vg247.com/2015/03/28/advanced-warfares-exo-zombies-gets-a-mini-boss-with-ascendance-dlc/

we will see tuesday what is this tough cookie

does anyone know if the season pass is also on sale on XBL?
i am pretty sure it was all week at a discount of ..30% I think? should be ending today?

p3tran

Banned
i can't seem to find it for some reason =( the discount isn't showing up at least, i just see $49.99. i'm in Canada.
for sure it was on sale both on US marketplace and UK. ($35 I think and 25 pounds? not very sure about exact price)
and it wasn't on sale in Greece/Eu at the same time (was 49.99 euro), so Canada could be the same.
check the first two marketplaces to be sure

for sure it was on sale both on US marketplace and UK. ($35 I think and 25 pounds? not very sure about exact price)
and it wasn't on sale in Greece/Eu at the same time (was 49.99 euro), so Canada could be the same.
check the first two marketplaces to be sure

do you have a direct link just in case? i checked both 360 and xbox one and they're both full price =/ i never bought any map packs for this game btw.

1337Sauce

Has anybody here played the new DLC yet? Mostly interested in hearing about the Exo Zombies map as I'm stuck at school for a couple more hours until I can go home and download it!

p3tran

Banned
so we only had a couple of hours to test, but here are first impressions:

1) grapple hook playlist is MENTAL
people all around just zipping by vertically, horizontally, across rooms(!!), like if you dont have a strong automatic weapon, good luck hitting anybody flying by.
grapple takes the place of whatever else exo ability, so its activated with left bumper. also good for melee. there is a battery charge like all exo abilities, so while battery lasts you can remain hanging up, titanfall style, which makes for some good surprises to enemy.
so first impression is that the skill ceiling in this mode has been lifted up.
(only played about 3-4 games, more today)

2) new maps
with only so little playtime, still cannot say, but maps look pleasing and good enough.
many places to setup battles in each map, the one in sydney opera house is very vertical, the mount rushmore one is wide, the chop shop is the one in machine/factory colors, its the most crazy transversing thing with the grapple and the fourth one we only played a couple of times. none hit us as "bad" or "meh"
so rather good first impressions.

3) exo zombies
bigger (I think?) new map. much better map in my opinion, but we only played once.
more on this tonight

conclusion:
-screw you activision for not putting this on dedicted servers.-
I buy everything, but I promise I will not buy another COD unless it is on dedis!

-dlc 2 looks to be good, those who enjoy cod will definitely get a kick out of this.

Falchion

How's it going COD crew? I've been playing this every day for a couple of months now to get my supply drop challenge and I've finally got a halfway decent armory with some really fun elite variants.

I've also been dying to get the season pass but I keep holding out for some kind of price drop, even if it's just $40 or something like that. It's just hard for me to drop the price a full game on the map packs even when I KNOW I'll put as much time in the new content as I would on another game.

I just got this. I gotta say, domination becomes funnier when you remember that "Charlie" is a name for cocaine. "The enemy is taking Charlie!"

Has anyone noticed a lot of Europeans in american lobbies or vice versa? I'm in Ohio and just finished a game with some nice dudes from Sweden.

Swedish dudes said they are constantly dumped into american lobbies. I have played about 4 games today and all have been pretty much unplayable.

Top Bottom