• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Daffy Duck

Has anyone noticed a lot of Europeans in american lobbies or vice versa? I'm in Ohio and just finished a game with some nice dudes from Sweden.

Swedish dudes said they are constantly dumped into american lobbies. I have played about 4 games today and all have been pretty much unplayable.

I had this a lot until I bought a netduma router, now my game plays well. Still lots of US players in UK lobbies though (ps4) not sure if it's just small player base/SBMM or something elses

I had this a lot until I bought a netduma router, now my game plays well. Still lots of US players in UK lobbies though (ps4) not sure if it's just small player base/SBMM or something elses

So you like the netduma R1? I have been looking at it. I just feel like I should not have to spend $200 to fix matchmaking.

Daffy Duck

Yes, I do like it.

I too hate the fact I spent my on money own fixing matchmaking, but it is the only solution as seemingly it is here to stay (the way they do matchmaking).

It's also been a good investment because now all my consoles (360/PS4/Xbox One) all have an open NAT where as only the console in the DMZ on my BT home hub had an open NAT, the others were moderate or strict.

LQX

The latest PC updates has had massive performance impact on my card with the same settings I have been running since launch. The game ran amazingly well on my system with 270X which almost matched that of my 770GTX but not anymore. I have turned off or down so many settings and it still runs and feels like shit. Ugh, so disgusted right now and seems I'm not alone.

Man.... it's kinda crazy how small this OT ultimately became all things consider

That's not a knock, just an observation. I'm actually still enjoying the ever loving shit out of AW, especially now that I can change the buttons via PS4.

do any gaffers even play together? :(

I don't think I've run into anyone on the Xbone. I think I'm a pretty terrible team player too since I like to run'n'gun and most people like to hold a side of the map to control the spawning.

Decided not to prestige until I got all the Wildcard challenges and to complete all my assault rifles for the Royalty Camos.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I feel like this game is the worst cod to play solo. If you have decent stats matchmaking can really punish you. I play solo a lot and this is by far the most frustrating call of duty for me.

Same here. My friends don't play this as much as previous cods. I'm not the best player in the world but I feel like it's almost impossible to protect your flank in this game and I just get fed up and start run and gunning.

Also. Has lobby chat always been this awful? This is my first cod on the psn side. I don't recall it being this bad on the 360.

RedAssedApe

Banned
By bad do you mean silent?

no like the actual audio quality of the voice chat. it can't be a coincidence that everyone's mic sounds like garbage right?

its been awhile since i've played with friends and wasn't in party chat so i can't remember if there is a difference.

no like the actual audio quality of the voice chat. it can't be a coincidence that everyone's mic sounds like garbage right?

its been awhile since i've played with friends and wasn't in party chat so i can't remember if there is a difference.

Ingame chat quality in both CoDs on PS4 is awful.

It isnt you.

p3tran

Banned
do any gaffers even play together? :(

well, I play regularly almost every night (europe)
I have a local gang, but friends from gaf drop in anytime we are less than 6 (frequent)
add me (p3tran) and dont hesitate to msg me when see me online
(AW I have on xbox, not on ps4)

also, last night, as I went to prestige 7, a fuckin' gold amelie dropped that is called 'whale horn' or something.
boy, with the basic upgrades that damn thing is vicious!!

well, I play regularly almost every night (europe)
I have a local gang, but friends from gaf drop in anytime we are less than 6 (frequent)
add me (p3tran) and dont hesitate to msg me when see me online
(AW I have on xbox, not on ps4)

also, last night, as I went to prestige 7, a fuckin' gold amelie dropped that is called 'whale horn' or something.
boy, with the basic upgrades that damn thing is vicious!!

I might take you up on that if you don't mind. Also, for some reason the Subverter looks like the best Amelie stats wise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVx-xIxnaio

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people use that awful packed in earbud mic. I play on Xbox one and the voice quality is fine.

But I have noticed really bad voice quAlity in some ps4 games and I just chalk that up to the awful mic that's packed in.

I guess double xp live on Xbox one someone on redit said.

Is anyone in the Midwest or east coast wants to play I'm in Ohio and I'm sick of being matched with Europeans. This game is awful solo. I'm on Xbox one

Daffy Duck

I wouldn't know, all the lobbies I go in are silent!

Apart from the ones where some crack fiend is blasting his music down the mic, that just sounds terrible by default.

Some guy did scare the shit out of me the other night, lobby was silent then he started whistling! I threw my headset on the floor and spun around to check the room behind for a demon lol.

p3tran

Banned
I might take you up on that if you don't mind. Also, for some reason the Subverter looks like the best Amelie stats wise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVx-xIxnaio
I dont mind, thats why I suggested :)

also, this subverter, I have it, its not rare. downside (other than half size mags) is that like all amelies, it feels like a dog, whereas this one I wrote about, the whale horn, it feels more compact, like carrying an AK

So did they update the game today, because when I was playing last night the matches were still 75, but now it's 100 to win and I feel like you wait 10 seconds on every death in HC now.

Finally finished the Assault Weapon's Camo challenge to get Royalty Camo. Got to switch back to the MP-11 and had three back to back games of 33-4-2 with some randoms on HC Team Death Match.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i like that they updated to 100. especially on the maps where there are changes in the map.

are people actually getting more elites this weekend or they just baiting me to play :p

fozzy

Think I'm going to give up trying to get the chain killer medal. So close to that beautiful killer exo.

Looking forwards to trying the Loophole next prestige.

Anyone else not really liking Ascendance? There are way too many lines of sight everywhere on all the maps and so many angles someone can come at you from, it's like playing Battlefield. Havoc maps were way better.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else not really liking Ascendance? There are way too many lines of sight everywhere on all the maps and so many angles someone can come at you from, it's like playing Battlefield. Havoc maps were way better.

I feel the same, not to mention the grapple playlist is just too chaotic, there's somebody behind you every other second.

Felt like complaining some more. Chop Shop is the worst map in the game. Bar none. I thought I just needed more time with these maps, I can see something in Site 244, but Perplex and uh... The water one, and Chop Shop are just a pile of shit. There is no strategy to be learned anywhere on these maps, they're just maps for the sake of being maps, just fancy sets or playgrounds, they suck. So many goddamn angles and doors and hallways and windows. I will be watching a fuckton of videos on the next set before considering a purchase. Glad I never bit on the season pass. There's no Urban or Sideshow in this pack, nothing straight up fun or memorable. Really disappointing. And the 0hm is mediocre.

patchday

I'm getting killed from across the map by 0hm I wonder if it needs a nerf actually.

Btw, I wonder what happens when someone hits 50 and decides to "prestige" it by resetting their level? Just curious if they lose access to the perks and stuff. ouch

Timeless

Anyone on PC? What is happening?

It's a free weekend with 3,000 people playing right now, and the only playlists that have >2 people are TDM and DM.

I'm guessing it's a DLC issue - I don't have the DLC since it's not in the free weekend, and anyone with DLC is in their own separate playlists.

Which is a usability nightmare, since it would come out to like 25 playlists * the number of DLC packs.

Daffy Duck

I'm getting killed from across the map by 0hm I wonder if it needs a nerf actually.

Btw, I wonder what happens when someone hits 50 and decides to "prestige" it by resetting their level? Just curious if they lose access to the perks and stuff. ouch

Yeah it's stupidly OP.

Yes you lose everything when you prestige. Except when you prestige into grand master levels your attachments don't reset then.

When you prestige though you can choose one permanent unlock (weapon, perk, ability, grenade)

patchday

OMG jsut started using 0hm. Now I see why I thought it overpowered. Because it has an alternate shotgun mode. I thought it was a long ranged shotgun. Turns out I was unaware it has a long range mode (rifle) or shotty mode.

I guess its balanced? Only used it for 2 hrs so far

Just curious, I used to play Cod all the time. And with Black ops 3 being announced, I feel like its time for me to play aw. Problem is, I can't afford a ps4 or one. I have a 360 and ps3 though. Is the ps3 version of multiplayer playable? I played ghosts on ps3 and it wasn't too bad. If the 360 version is that much better, then I can buy live if I need it. Free psn is nice though. Any opinions?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Felt like complaining some more. Chop Shop is the worst map in the game. Bar none. I thought I just needed more time with these maps, I can see something in Site 244, but Perplex and uh... The water one, and Chop Shop are just a pile of shit. There is no strategy to be learned anywhere on these maps, they're just maps for the sake of being maps, just fancy sets or playgrounds, they suck. So many goddamn angles and doors and hallways and windows. I will be watching a fuckton of videos on the next set before considering a purchase. Glad I never bit on the season pass. There's no Urban or Sideshow in this pack, nothing straight up fun or memorable. Really disappointing. And the 0hm is mediocre.

Played Domination in Sideshow last night for the first time in a while and it was really boring. There aren't any lanes in the map, so everyone is forced to run into the open to get anywhere, and it's too easy to kill them. Maybe I just had a really good team, but B is stupidly easy to capture and hold onto, and your other flag is never in trouble unless your team forces the spawns to flip.

I imagine it would be a really good map for classic play, but the exo's allow you to see every part of the map in seconds.

patchday

Just curious, I used to play Cod all the time. And with Black ops 3 being announced, I feel like its time for me to play aw. Problem is, I can't afford a ps4 or one. I have a 360 and ps3 though. Is the ps3 version of multiplayer playable? I played ghosts on ps3 and it wasn't too bad. If the 360 version is that much better, then I can buy live if I need it. Free psn is nice though. Any opinions?

yep! Get a ps4 its fun on there! But blackops 3 is nothing like AW far as I know. I hear Blackops 2 still thriving on ps3. You can go that route too. Would be nice to get another cod aw fan in here talking though...

Oh- bet Cod AW dirt cheap on ps3. You can at least check out the story. I personally really enjoyed the single player. Okay, I just came from Destiny at the time so any story would've impressed me. And it was my 1st single player CoD....

But alas, I dont think blackops 3 will be anyting like AW. Different studio (Treyarch) making it. Sounds like they going all out from what I've read. I want blackops 3 too! Will miss exo skeletons though. I love the grapple hook and exoskeletons

So are these new maps shit? I was considering droping the $15 to play them aswell as the new zombie map.

I already purchased the last dlc, and had a lot of fun with it, is this the same?

patchday

Yeah I am not quite sure just yet. I played on all of them by now I think. I love the grapple hook. I like 0hm. Just havent had time to do the new zombie map but looking forward to it.

Then I'd have enough information to rate new dlc. Need time to learn these maps more. The one that has water that you can swim in would be so much more awesome if your character appeared to actually submerged. I noticed its hard to shoot someone in the water.

One time I was swimming in the water and this guy shot at me a few times and kept missing before I cut him up with my knife

It's taking forever to get this last 100 kills with a 4th killstreak. Do they not count the kills your Killstreaks do if they're controlled by an AI?

I just want that damn helmet.

Ensoul

Not really liking it myself. I hate chop shop with a passion because all I do is walk into an area and there are about 4 people there waiting to shoot me.

Perplex is okay but you end end getting shot from every possible angle.

Site 244 just reminds me of core.

Climate is just okay as well.

Overall it's not a great effort. As much as I disliked ghosts I thought the map packs DLC was much better.

The maps on Grapple are fun for a bit. I actually deleted the DLC because they put Havoc into normal rotation so I was stuck in a separate matchmaking pool and lost a ton of available games and the remaining were laggy.

Top Bottom