• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Run and gun on an open field.

That is what it is.

For me:

- there are enemies everywhere
- it is nearly impossible to make a ratio higher than 2:1
- it is nearly impossible to make killstreaks higher than 4
- enemies are constantly popping in your back
- no strategic advantage be gained in maps, every good point has two pathways running in to your back
- as a result my ammo is always running out.
- quick scoping is back
- headset advantage seems to be minimal
- game play is very fast
- you get killed within 10 seconds from your spawn point

Was able to get quite easily 2:1 ratio's in every match for the past 8 years, 4:1 is pretty common, by just playing it a bit slower and not running like a fool. This game seems to be build on running like a fool and punishes everyone who doesn't.

Every time I get killed it feels like a fucking random act of someone popping up in my back or sides.

Not liking it.
This. TDM almost feels like free for all. Unlimited sprint, jumping over obstacles to get into different lane and the fact that everyone is using silencer's (everyone!) make's the flow of the match totally undpredictable

In all previous CODS I used to rush and now I turned into a camper. Will probably prestige once then switch over to the classic playlists

Share the same sentiments with the posters above. Random deaths from all over the place, maps seem to have little flow, getting killed from behind all the time, and getting killed from what on my side seems to be 1 or 2 shots when going around corners. Cod has always been fairly chaotic, but this game seems too chaotic so far.

ViciousDS

Banned
yes....this game will probably get traded in towards MCC....I'm fucking done with non dedicated server games.

If Teryarchs offering does not have Dedicated Servers....that automatically makes or breaks my purchase. I tolerated it for BO2 just because how good the game was....but it wasn't this bad.

p3tran

Banned
It's not random, it's the worst respawn system ever implemented in a shooter.

Then you have to deal with people topping the leaderboad with the weakest connection, so there's that too. This game is an absolute mess. I decided to give this a shot again, but it made me appreciate Destiny much more....
Titan Fall was even superior to this, and BF4's network issues would be more welcome than this. Couple in some of the worst weapons ever, it's a complete disaster, at best. I'll hit cap to justify my money and then trade it in on something.

i am sorry but titanfall is way superior on this, its not even in the same ball park with cod aw (and destiny too since you mention it)

now, i am willing to give COD a week or two to see how net stuff settles,

BUT
IS THERE EVER A CASE WHERE A GAME LAUNCHED PEER TO PEER AND WAS CHANGED TO DEDICATED SERVERS LATER ON?

IF NOT, I guess its titanfall and halo for my competitive multiplayer. period.

now, when my hong kong copy unlocked, I had a few (experienced) peeps ask me the same question on live: SERVERS?
three days later, I can say that their ..spartan (single word) questioning was ...SPOT ON

I am enjoying it so far but I can't tell if I'm the minority in feeling that way or not. I do agree with a lot of the points made here, especially about map flow. Maps seem to be kind of eh, at least ones I've played so far. The only one that has really stood out positively for me is the one in the woods with the temple looking thing in the middle. The one that seems to be heavily influenced by Highrise from MW2 is awful.

I do like that camping seems to be non-existent thus far, whether that is due to map design or some other reason, it's nice to not have to deal with that.

I'm having fun with the MP so far, connection issues aside. It's a refreshing take on the formula, and I'm doing as well as should be expected considering my last FPS was Ghosts and I stopped playing that early this year. The maps included are really good, I can't remember the names right now, but I can think of at least five that I really like.

BokehKing

Banned
He needs not to feel like every death is an act of randomness...
He needs to be more aware of his surroundings then, this is not ghosts were you get shot and automatically die, there is a chance to run away and re-group. Can't do that against 2 people shooting you at once, one high, one low. I heard MCC is 'fair' and boring, people that have complaints about COD and Destiny need to just go play that already.

Getting justice and fair play from a COD game will never happen, ever.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Wake up this morning at 4AM, go to turn on my xbox one, "INSTALLATION INTERRUPTED!"

WTF? How and why??

So then I click on CODAW and continue installation, it's at 19%. It was at 5% when I went to bed last night.

Seriously, what is the point of day zero and digital downloads if MSFT can't get their crap to work?

So, now I'll be going to work soon expecting my CODAW to be downloaded by the time I get off work nine hours later...if it's not, I'm calling Xbox Support and demanding a refund and I'll just get a physical copy. This digital download crap is worthless the moment it doesn't work.

This is now the second time I've had to re-start the download process for CODAW.

Yesterday it froze at 85% and then when it continued, it went down to 80%. ??????

Mik2121

People angry because their KDR is not as high as it used to be on a new game that for once tried to really add new things by actually changing how to move around the levels, making old tactics not work anymore.

Instead of spending a few days trying to learn new tactics (I'm a 100% sure you can still play slow in this game given enough time to learn), just give up if it doesn't work during the first few hours. Then go to the next COD thread when it's announced saying "it's the same old shit".

It's like the people arguing so much about network issues on day one, lol.

Nome

People angry because their KDR is not as high as it used to be on a new game that for once tried to really add new things by actually changing how to move around the levels, making old tactics not work anymore.

Better demand a refund

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Sounds like a no purchase for me.

That was the only fun thing about Call Of Duty for me. Playing cautiously (what you call camping) and trying to get higher killstreaks was the only reason I played.

It can be done. I'm getting better and better at it. :)

Then again I've forsaken my killstreaks for all the stealth perks I can get. So maybe it still wouldn't work for you. :)

GenericUser

my feels exactly. When I first started BO2, I got squished every damn match. The learning curve was brutal for me. But as in every cod, to get good you have to

- learn the map layouts
- learn which weapons and perks suit your playstile
- learn to "predict" the spawns (if in doubt, the guy you just killed will spawn probably 10 meters behind you)
- learn the movement and plan you steps (at least a little bit)
- accept the fact that many players only plan their next moves based on the image shown on the mini map and use that knowledge to your advantage

also, network issues were expected. Its the launch of a new call of duty game after all.

aravuus

Ah cool.

Btw I just tried to rename my KF5 class to SMG and it says 'Text prohibited due to profanity', WTH?

Plz no swearing in my CoD

Was able to get quite easily 2:1 ratio's in every match for the past 8 years, 4:1 is pretty common, by just playing it a bit slower and not running like a fool. This game seems to be build on running like a fool and punishes everyone who doesn't.

Every time I get killed it feels like a fucking random act of someone popping up in my back or sides.

Not liking it.

This is how I feel about it too. Now come play Infection with me, a hell of a lot less frustrating than any other game mode in the game and actually quite a lot of fun when you do well as a survivor. Playing as an infected can be a bit annoying sometimes tho.

Rainy Dog

All these complaints about lack of map flow, awful spawns, random deaths and general disorganised chaos is why I always end up only really playing Search and Destroy once I’ve unlocked what I want and have a general feel for the map layouts. It’s the only mode worth taking seriously and sinking quality time into in my opinion.

Any S&D impressions so far? I hear that they’ve increased the number of rounds but hopefully not because that’s also been sped up to the point where it’s just all about out rushing the other team.

The sound and weapon response is so good in this game. I was playing last night with the sound only coming from my TV. Night time came, parents went to sleep, I put my headphones on... My god. I kept on getting goosebumps, they actually nailed the sound aspect so well. The game is a ton of fun too.

biteren

The sound and weapon response is so good in this game. I was playing last night with the sound only coming from my TV. Night time came, parents went to sleep, I put my headphones on... My god. I kept on getting goosebumps, they actually nailed the sound aspect so well. The game is a ton of fun too.

all thanks to the sound guy who worked on Dead Space

biteren

it seems almost unfair to have boosting in MP, i abosloutly wreck everyone, especailly people who play this like classic COD be there just standing there.....trying to aim at me....

haveheart

Banned
All these complaints about lack of map flow, awful spawns, random deaths and general disorganised chaos is why I always end up only really playing Search and Destroy once I’ve unlocked what I want and have a general feel for the map layouts. It’s the only mode worth taking seriously and sinking quality time into in my opinion.

Any S&D impressions so far? I hear that they’ve increased the number of rounds but hopefully not because that’s also been sped up to the point where it’s just all about out rushing the other team.

S&D is awesome. It's like CS on MDMA.
I really recommend itsgreen playing this mode. No run&gun. The Exo abilities open up new routes to reach bomb spots. I really like it.

I also love that u see exo jumps on the mini map, especially in s&d you have to think twice when to use it.

It totally blew my mind. The sound that comes from the guns just feels so good. The sound that comes from the Exo too. Everything has so much "hoomph", it feels aggressive and it's full of adrenaline. This is probably the best sound I've heard coming from weapons in a long time, it actually feels like you are shooting a killing machine, and not just cooking popcorn.

Pat_DC

Actually the sound guy should be fired just because of how loud the unlock sounds are compared to everything else when using headphones, nearly deafened me!

The rest of the sound is great though.

biteren

It totally blew my mind. The sound that comes from the guns just feels so good. The sound that comes from the Exo too. Everything has so much "hoomph", it feels aggressive and it's full of adrenaline. This is probably the best sound I've heard coming from weapons in a long time, it actually feels like you are shooting a killing machine, and not just cooking popcorn.

play with some good quality headphones (im using my Turtle Beach PX21s) and you will be in for a treat

Bobnob

Get flicked, i die. Put 20 bullits into someone headshots included they turn around flick me, i die. Conclusion: Game is DOGSHIT!

biteren

Actually the sound guy should be fired just because of how loud the unlock sounds are compared to everything else when using headphones, nearly deafened me!

well i cant defend that lol but overall he did a good job, id say compared to Black Ops 2's awesome sound design it surpasses it.

Pat_DC

well i cant defend that lol but overall he did a good job, id say compared to Black Ops 2's awesome sound design it surpasses it.

lol, apart from that I've been enjoying the sound design as well, I just remove my headphones when ever I level up in the post match report.

haveheart

Banned

Have you already tried the auto shotgun? It's like music

Phear

10733910_870177076335435_2978969168470688923_o-jpg.19332

Easy :D

What's everyones favourite Loadout so far?

my feels exactly. When I first started BO2, I got squished every damn match. The learning curve was brutal for me. But as in every cod, to get good you have to

- learn the map layouts
- learn which weapons and perks suit your playstile
- learn to "predict" the spawns (if in doubt, the guy you just killed will spawn probably 10 meters behind you)
- learn the movement and plan you steps (at least a little bit)
- accept the fact that many players only plan their next moves based on the image shown on the mini map and use that knowledge to your advantage

also, network issues were expected. Its the launch of a new call of duty game after all.
What's the point in learning the lanes of a map if you can jump over walls. You can't predict where your enemy will come from if he jumps from point C to point B, walks around the corner at point A where you are. Even if you could predict that which direction , there's the verticality which makes it random again.

biteren

10733910_870177076335435_2978969168470688923_o-jpg.19332

Easy :D

What's everyones favourite Loadout so far?

im loving the KF5 suppressed, i just zip my ass right at people and theyre down before they know what hit em, and im gone like batman when the teamate shows up

first time i used that weapon i got almost 46 kills and 12 deaths on hardpoint

Top Bottom