• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

aravuus

Is anyone else not using Exo abilities at all? The movement mechanics are awesome, but I'm just not buying into the abilities. I'd rather spend the point elsewhere.

Unequipped the abilities right away. Noticed I never really used them cause they're so short-lived. They feel useless.

Anyway, I am having a hell of a lot more fun right now with laser sighted SAC3s than I ever had with the ARs. I'm not necessarily doing any better but it's just a lot more fun. Maybe I will get more out of this game after all than I initially thought.

Klyka

Banned
Is anyone else not using Exo abilities at all? The movement mechanics are awesome, but I'm just not buying into the abilities. I'd rather spend the point elsewhere.

I like the cloak, the speed boost and the stim. Haven't unlocked others yet.

The exo movement is so good in this, just hella fun.

Btw has anyone found a way yet to disable "double tap to dodge"?

Edit: Also WTF at the TAC 19 shotgun. I was all "oh it's a starting shotgun ok" then i fired it and it's basically a fucking shockwave cannon??? seriously awesome.

LtOrange

Reposting for a new page. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

This might have been asked/answered - Is there any way to make that annoying "Chat is set to Prioritize Party" notification on PS4 to stop popping up? It is driving me crazy.

Okay, so why is the font that displays when people are talking on mic so huge and in the middle of the screen? (PS4)

Also, why isn't there a notification for attachment unlocks? I had no idea I'd unlocked loads of sights and stuff for my gun until I went to Create a Class. The "items" tab in the post game screen is always greyed out too. What's the deal?

Anyone? Particularly the notifications thing. Really annoying.

Nope. Took mine off as well. I think they are more trouble than they are worth, especially since some of them have a little delay in activation. I'd rather spend the points elsewhere.

aravuus

Oh daaaamn, 41-21 and first place on Ground War domination with the SAC3s. Yeah, never gonna go back to assault rifles again. I have to stick to close quarters with these but it supports the more traditional CoD gameplay which I like more anyway so yeah, really liking these. Add scavenger and I can just quick reload after every enemy and never run out of ammo.

You get a unlock coin thing or something when you prestige, right? So I won't lose these when I reach 50 and prestige.

biteren

I like the cloak, the speed boost and the stim. Haven't unlocked others yet.

The exo movement is so good in this, just hella fun.

Btw has anyone found a way yet to disable "double tap to dodge"?

Edit: Also WTF at the TAC 19 shotgun. I was all "oh it's a starting shotgun ok" then i fired it and it's basically a fucking shockwave cannon??? seriously awesome.

thats wierd, i dont have to do that. i just click the left stick once and it doges....

Lucifon

Has anyone received word about the double tap reload thing? Removing all the clips from my round is so frustrating, i obviously must press the button a couple of times in the heat of battle, and end up running out of ammo.

Nope. Took mine off as well. I think they are more trouble than they are worth, especially since some of them have a little delay in activation. I'd rather spend the points elsewhere.

I've found the run speed one to be pretty useful on an SMG run and gun class, or shotgun class. But other than that they all seem pretty useless.

jediyoshi

I made a comparison video between normal and quick reloading since it was hard to get a sense of how much time you saved for some weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGOvGT_iZD8

Shield is amazing in Kill Confirmed. Just casually walk out, grab the tags, and walk backwards.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Looking for something to play competitive MP on PS4, Destiny is getting stale.

How does this compare? I haven't liked a CoD game in a long time, not a fan of the Black Ops series.

junglist

it seems prestiging seems a lot easier than COD Ghosts... granted theres 15 levels instead of 10, and im sure double XP has helped...

But then again, even with Double XP in ghosts... it took me a while to prestige... a whole weekend I may have came close..

Klyka

Banned
thats wierd, i dont have to do that. i just click the left stick once and it doges....

doge-600.png

I play on PC bro :p

Strider

Here is my kill/death ratio since Call of Duty 4.

Call of Duty 4 - 2.01kdr

Call of Duty WaW - 2.6kdr

Modern Warfare 2 - 2.05kdr

Black Ops - 2.0kdr

Modern Warfare 3 - 3.10kdr

Black Ops II - 2.3kdr

Ghosts - 2.01kdr

Advanced Warfare - 1.33kdr and dropping

I struggle to get any sort of rhythm going in this game because of the constant lag and enemies consistently spawning behind me.

I just dont understand what i'm doing wrong :/

The game just came out :/ You don't know the maps that well. You don't know what perk setups you're gonna want just yet. You don't know the guns, etc, etc.

It's like this in every COD game for me. Start out slow but once I get adjusted I do much better. My K/D is 1.3ish right now too.

itsgreen

One of the best features is muting everybody every round. Since that fucker thinks I probably want to hear the new people that came into the game.

aravuus

Looking for something to play competitive MP on PS4, Destiny is getting stale.

How does this compare? I haven't liked a CoD game in a long time, not a fan of the Black Ops series.

Waaay better than Destiny.

It's kind of hard to compare to other CoDs, MP plays very differently due to Exo movement stuff. Some have compared it to Blops, but I wouldn't. IMO the only similarity is in the customization system, AW uses the "pick 10" system but with 13 instead of ten.

th4tguy

Has anyone received word about the double tap reload thing? Removing all the clips from my round is so frustrating, i obviously must press the button a couple of times in the heat of battle, and end up running out of ammo.

I've found the run speed one to be pretty useful on an SMG run and gun class, or shotgun class. But other than that they all seem pretty useless.
What's this about double tap reload? Will that keep me from losing my bullets? So annoying

th4tguy

One of the best features is muting everybody every round. Since that fucker thinks I probably want to hear the new people that came into the game.
How do you mute everyone at once? I know you can do it with the square button to individuals.

jediyoshi

What's this about double tap reload? Will that keep me from losing my bullets? So annoying

If you double tap reload, you reload quicker but lose the rest of the bullets in the magazine.

How do you mute everyone at once? I know you can do it with the square button to individuals.

Once you're ingame, in the mute menu, you can hit triangle/Y to pull up another menu to mute all.

it seems prestiging seems a lot easier than COD Ghosts... granted theres 15 levels instead of 10, and im sure double XP has helped...

But then again, even with Double XP in ghosts... it took me a while to prestige... a whole weekend I may have came close..

Other than having 15 prestige levels, is there anything 'new' to the prestige mode?

I like that Titanfall tried to mix it up with:

- Accelerated ranking up at each prestige level (makes it less of a grind)
- Challenges to coincide with the ranking (some hit and miss)

Basically, I hate the fact you effectively 'reset' completely and have to grind the same game to unlock the same weapons.

It looks like you always throw away ammo if you reload right after a gunfight, even if you only press button once. Or maybe it triggers quick reload when you're hurt and your screen is blinking red.
I tried to do "proper" reloads yesterday with AK and just couldn't, had to wait like 10 seconds after each fight, which doesn't really work with this game's speed.

Calmine

Might of been asked but how do you unlock supply drops? Is it entirely randomly? Or do they unlock through challenges? I've only got 2 and I got those from dying lol

Why no player numbers? I used to like being able to see how many people were playing and how many were in each playlist. What's the deal?

Other than having 15 prestige levels, is there anything 'new' to the prestige mode?

I like that Titanfall tried to mix it up with:

- Accelerated ranking up at each prestige level (makes it less of a grind)
- Challenges to coincide with the ranking (some hit and miss)

Basically, I hate the fact you effectively 'reset' completely and have to grind the same game to unlock the same weapons.

The problem with Titanfall was that it got old before you'd even hit the first prestige, thus negating any of those forementioned improvments. The player counts represent that.

spannicus

Thinking of picking this up today. Are Xbone and PS4 versions pretty much identical besides resolution?

I picked up X1 version over PS4. The game looks and runs awesome. Few minor things differentiate the two. Check the other CoD thread. If not do what I did and just say fuck it.

junglist

Newt portion, can I shareplay this? Like I buy the game, then shareplay and my buddy can play online with me?

That, I am not sure. I believe you can, from what I have seen/read if it does shareplay the other party takes a graphic hit.. I think their cap is at 720P? Correct me if I am wrong.

aravuus

The problem with Titanfall was that it got old before you'd even hit the first prestige, thus negating any of those forementioned improvments. The player counts represent that.

Doesn't change the fact that prestiging in that game was a lot more interesting than it has ever been in CoD. Really liked the XP multiplier especially.

Afro

they really need to patch in an alt control scheme that doesn't force you to click in a thumb stick every 2 seconds to juke/boost around the map (which is necessary to play well). i've been playing games since Gameboy and my left thumb has never hurt this severely.

That isn't really what I was getting at, it was more of making COD less of a grind.

My suggestion would be, at the first prestige level, you 'unlock' the ability to buy your upgrades (like BLOPs) instead of having to hit certain ranks to unlock them. Even something as simple as that would make a difference for me personally.

With most COD's I tend to hit top level, unlock everything, and then not prestige at all because I see no value in doing it (other than re-setting all the hours I have put in, to do exactly the same again.

th4tguy

Terrible lag......always a red bar, open nat....it isnt fun playing this way. Ill give it a few days.
Where are you seeing your May type in the game? I know you can see it in network test on ps4 but I'm used to seeing it say open/ moderate/ closed in the game as well

Top Bottom