• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC Performance Thread

Never mind I think I may have clocked it. Disabling shadow play has cleared it all up, game is silky. Just finished SP and some MP without a single hitch, even Defender is smooth now. The textures seem to be loading up snappier too.

Might be worth a punt for others to try.

How can I get this to stop stuttering? Sometimes I can't even keep track of what's going on because it's so stilted in motion and sometimes the game will just pause for a second or more at a time during action-heavy sequences.

I've got an i5 2320 @ 3.00GHz and a GTX 670 OC 2GB. Are 'Extra' textures too much for a 2GB card? Are there any magical performance killing settings that I should turn down or off?

How can I get this to stop stuttering? Sometimes I can't even keep track of what's going on because it's so stilted in motion and sometimes the game will just pause for a second or more at a time during action-heavy sequences.

I've got an i5 2320 @ 3.00GHz and a GTX 670 OC 2GB. Are 'Extra' textures too much for a 2GB card? Are there any magical performance killing settings that I should turn down or off?

I currently use a 670 2GB too, I managed to pretty much cure it by -

Making sure Shader Pre-Load is on (Lengthens load times, but its necessary otherwise I get really bad stuttering)
Turning off Shadow Play
Theres a Shadow setting you can select Med/High/Extra/Automatic. I just left this at High.

I run the textures on Extra and it seems to run great, maybe the slightest split second stutter here and there, but that could be checkpoint saves causing it. Also make sure the shadow cache stuff is turned off. See how it goes.

I currently use a 670 2GB too, I managed to pretty much cure it by -

Making sure Shader Pre-Load is on (Lengthens load times, but its necessary otherwise I get really bad stuttering)
Turning off Shadow Play
Theres a Shadow setting you can select Med/High/Extra/Automatic. I just left this at High.

I run the textures on Extra and it seems to run great, maybe the slightest split second stutter here and there, but that could be checkpoint saves causing it. Also make sure the shadow cache stuff is turned off. See how it goes.

Thank you for the tips. I think turning off Shadowplay might have made the biggest difference because I was already using pretty similar in-game settings to the ones you recommended. Stuttering does seem to be reduced compared to the last time I played, so hopefully it stays that way!

Top Bottom