• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 PS4 DLC Exclusivity Now Only Lasts Seven Days.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.xboxachievements.com/ne...LC-Exclusivity-Now-Only-Lasts-Seven-Days.html

Sony, Activision and Treyarch have confirmed that Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 post-launch content will be coming to PlayStation 4 first, as per the ongoing exclusivity deal, but that the exclusivity period will now run to just seven days, rather than the entire month of exclusivity that PS4 players previously enjoyed. That means less time to wait for DLC to drop on Xbox One.

Currently, there's no mention of the previously announced DLC expansions, which won't be available to purchase separately and can only be accessed via the $49.99/£39.99 Black Ops Pass. Presumably, the seven-day exclusivity deal for PlayStation 4 will apply to these too.

Grinchy

Banned
I hope Sony didn't waste too much money on this. Or maybe I hope they did. That might stop them from doing this stupid shit next time.

Caayn

Still seven days too long, but at least it's better than a whole month or even an entire year (I'm looking at you Bungie.)

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I don’t think Sony’s stopping that shit in the near future. I bet they are sad that it only is for seven days and wanted to push it further.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Call of Duty been bad for years but this is the worst bcos it doesn't even have single player campaign now theyre too busy chasing batle royale market

CoD used to trendsetter now become trendchaser

Blood Borne

It’s not about how long the exclusivity lasts, it’s about marketing. All they want to say is “Play COD maps FIRST on PS4”.

Kagey K

Banned
Call of Duty been bad for years but this is the worst bcos it doesn't even have single player campaign now theyre too busy chasing batle royale market

CoD used to trendsetter now become trendchaser
I used to always get COD just for the campaign. That stopped at Ghosts and I’ve rented sense.

Now I just borrow them from the library and ship them back. Why waste my money on one and done games, anymore.

The_Mike

Sony probably care less about paying for long exclusives seeing how they are in a better position now.

Doubt it. Their position hasn’t changed since the start of this gen. They were market leader before this gen started.

I hope Sony didn't waste too much money on this. Or maybe I hope they did. That might stop them from doing this stupid shit next time.

But let me guess you didn't have a problem with this when M$ started it first with xbox360 and shoved it in everyone's face how them and COD are fuck buddies?

FranXico

But let me guess you didn't have a problem with this when M$ started it first with xbox360 and shoved it in everyone's face how them and COD are fuck buddies?
There's a lot of people around here who celebrated the GTA IV DLC exclusivity for the XBox360 back in the day and now hypocritically complain about Sony doing the same with Destiny 2, for example. But I don't think that the poster you are quoting is one of them.

Personally, I find the practice abhorrent (although not as bad as holding back multiplatform releases) and would just like for this shit to stop.

Last edited:

The_Mike

They probably went for a cheaper exclusivity deal in order to save money for the PS5.

With how PS4 is printing money I doubt they needed to save up cash on a single DLC exclusive game deal. I think it’s Activision who was in charge here.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Sony is so dumb.

Dont suprise me that they would do that.

And the worst thing, for a Call of duty game

Last edited:

Caayn

Exclusive content existed long before Gen 7. Yet that still doesn't excuse companies doing it today. "B-b-but they did it first" is an argument that even children use on the playground.

PS: M$? Come on, you're better than that.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
This is good, let PS4 gamers test the waters for the first week and report issues before it hits Xbox.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Xbox used to do it for month or more so...

To be honest it shouldn't happen but sadly it does

Last edited:

The_Mike

This is good, let PS4 gamers test the waters for the first week and report issues before it hits Xbox.

There’s not much to test really. Usually they work without problems.

Xbox used to do it for month or more so...

To be honest it shouldn't happen but sadly it does

So did Sony. With Call of Duty: WWII there was a one month console exclusivity on DLC on PS4

Blam

Hope Bungie stops this too, and or activision stops being stupid. With their one year exclusivity on Destiny.

Top Bottom