• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Raptor

I assume this was in some kind of objective game? I pretty much exclusively play TDM and I don't get spawn killed except for the occasional game on small maps like Nuketown or Hijacked.

Yes it was Demolition, I guess I should just stick with TDM and FFA.

:D

Toa TAK

Banned
BRKWhm0CAAAQne_.png:large

So the final DLC is announced then. Hooray for Courtyard!

Very happy about this. Especially for Courtyard!

Origins' description seems tame, can't wait to see the new trailer for that soon.

I'm happy to have SOMETHING bought back from World at War. I still think that's one of the best MP COD games I've played.

Will definitely purchase this.

Ugh, Stadium is prolly my 2nd fav (non Nuketown) map from BLOPS1, my first fav was Summit.

And yet I have neither of those map packs because I stopped playing BLOPS2 since Demolition games in my region have just dried up completely and I really only like playing that mode. :(

Toa TAK

Banned
Sorry, I forgot I didn't watch the official one :S

EDIT: Does anybody also think that the robots look like Big Daddys from Bioshock? I've even heard some people say that they look like the "titans (mechs)" from Titanfall.

Nah. I think everyone is so quick to compare the two because they're the most recent ip to include mechs.

That said, the new zombies map is epic. There's a lot going on and I'm really happy to be going back in a historical setting again. WW1 is something I didn't think COD would ever touch, but here comes zombies to be the mode that does it (albeit in its own weird way).

would be nice if for the final patch they buffed the most unused primaries nd finally nerfed TF, weapon balanced is nice enough that the game will likely havr decent mulitplayer playability (moreso than BO1 and MW3), but i'm still annoyed at the s12 getting 6-10 hitmarkers on one guy when you arent right up in his face.

hunter7725

Neo Member
Okay I've got a question, sorry if this is not the thread but my older brother's PS3 was stuck by the Permaban Hammer on the BLops servers last night. He says, like everyone else, he did nothing wrong. Should he get an email informing him why he was banned? I know permanent bans can not be lifted I'm just wondering if he can find out why he was banned.

Okay I've got a question, sorry if this is not the thread but my older brother's PS3 was stuck by the Permaban Hammer on the BLops servers last night. He says, like everyone else, he did nothing wrong. Should he get an email informing him why he was banned? I know permanent bans can not be lifted I'm just wondering if he can find out why he was banned.

Nobody gets banned for no reason. Tell him to fess up.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Loved Courtyard in WaW but its going to be a total clusterfuck in this game. Player movement is so much faster, weapons are easier to use, spawn system is way worse, connections are way worse, and kill streaks are more powerful.

Stadium was easily in my bottom 5 maps. So many better maps in blops they could have brought back.

Tamanon

Banned
Finally picked up Vengeance on the PS3. Played about 30 matches thus far, only map I haven't seen is Detour. Love the maps though, nice variety, and Rush seems to be awesome for pistols.

Hopefully once Apocalypse is out, they can do a "Classics" playlist with the remade maps.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Don't know what's up with the MP tonight. Emblems won't load and the overall thing feels slow. I had gotten a message about something about the servers being unavailable too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Really? I liked most of BO1's maps, but I kind of hate every BO2 map except meltdown.

I think he was just talking about this game not in general.

I do agree that BLOP1 and some great maps though and I feel like they picked all the wrong ones to bring back. Then again my taste in maps has always been a bit odd.

This games maps don't do much for me. I won't be missing any of them 2 years from now like I do maps like Zoo, Villa, Jungle, or Array.

Jrmint

So I got the first 2 map packs and skipped the 3rd one.

If I get this final one are my playlists gonna be all screwed up bc I don't have then other 4 maps?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Going by how they usually do their double XP weekends, that being just before a DLC is released followed by double weapon XP the weekend after, can it be assumed that this weekend will be double XP?

So I got the first 2 map packs and skipped the 3rd one.

If I get this final one are my playlists gonna be all screwed up bc I don't have then other 4 maps?

Let me put it this way: You Are probably going to only be put in lobbies with people who bought the fourth DLC but didn't buy the other three.

5amshift

Banned
New to this thread, but have been playing since December. My first COD game after buying, then returning COD4 back in the day. Bought this mainly for zombies and I'm quite pleased about it and how sucked into it I've become from wanting to know more about the story, easter eggs and all that. On the road to shotgun rank currently, has anybody really figured out what is needed for the max rank?

New to this thread, but have been playing since December. My first COD game after buying, then returning COD4 back in the day. Bought this mainly for zombies and I'm quite pleased about it and how sucked into it I've become from wanting to know more about the story, easter eggs and all that. On the road to shotgun rank currently, has anybody really figured out what is needed for the max rank?

It's a complicated formula which weighs your high wave numbers, k/d, and accuracy the most. The better you play, the better Trueskill rank you get.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Comes as no surprise, but Double XP Weekend begins tomorrow afternoon.

Ah, excellent!
I said earlier I had hoped they would follow tradition of double xp before a DLC, was worried we weren't going to and it was going to be next weekend instead, which I am away for the whole of.

Patch #14 released today.

Multiplayer Issues Addressed

-- Fixed an issue which caused strafe and backwards movement speeds to be slower than intended in certain circumstances.
-- Addressed an issue where Players were able to copy other Players’ emblems.
-- Fixed an issue where throwing down and picking up equipment (such as the Bouncing Betty) for a long period of time would cause those items to become invisible when thrown.
-- Fixed bullet and equipment collision in Detour with several of the metal tiles in the lower section of the bridge.
-- Players are no longer able to stand on invisible collision near the crane in Uplink.
-- Fixed an issue in Uplink where Players were able to access invisible collision near the lower start spawn, outside of the intended playspace.
-- Players are no longer able to Dive-To-Prone into a section of the downed plane in Cove.
-- Improved stability with the preview movies in CoDTV when signing in and out of profiles.
-- Fixed an issue where the lobby countdown timer would reset back to full in certain circumstances.

Zombies Issues Addressed

TranZit

-- Zombies no longer jitter when they climb on the roof of the bus or when they enter from the windows.
-- Fixed an issue where zombies killed inside the bus would attack Players for a second before despawning.

Die Rise

-- Leapers no longer become stuck in the main elevator shaft.

Buried

-- The Double Points upgrade now applies when purchasing ammunition for wall-buy weapons.
-- Players are no longer able to Dive-To-Prone on a haystack in the Stables and become free from zombie attack.
-- Fixed an issue in the starting area where Players were able to Dive-To-Prone and safely land on collision without going down the slide.
-- Players are no longer able to Dive-To-Prone on a fence outside the Church and become free from zombie attack.
-- Addressed an issue where Players were able to place a Trample Steam in the Courthouse tunnels, launch themselves into a wall, and become free from zombie attack.
-- Fixed an issue where Players were receiving points by touching zombies with the Insta-Kill persistent upgrade active and a sniper rifle equipped.
-- Players are no longer able to access unintended collision in-between the General Store and Stables and be free from zombie attack.
-- Players no longer get stuck at the bottom of the slide when using Dive-To-Prone.
-- Fixed an issue where zombies were getting stuck in walls when Players stood in Vulture-Aid stink.
-- Players are no longer able to stand on invisible collision on the Stables’ exterior and be free from zombie attack.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Pretty much the same here, about level 45 prestige 8 at the moment, if I can get in a good weekend of gaming should get me to prestige 10 hopefully and then it isn't much further to master.

Top Bottom