• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

It's not that hard when it's the only game you play.

I can understand. For a few months it's the only game I played, albeit that was only once or twice a week.

I wasn't kidding about being "clean". I forced myself to finally put the Saint's Row 3 disc into the 360 and don't think this 2xp weekend isn't tempting me.

Toa TAK

Banned
They're fun to go for!

Lots of new stuff in this DLC as well based off the achievements. It should be interesting.

Can't deny that, the BOII Zombie achievements have been a lot more fun to go for than in BO1. Plus, this map looks insane, I'm going to be playing on it regardless.

Arment

This game is $19.99 today and I'm thinking about grabbing it. Haven't played a CoD since MW1 and CS GO is fun and all but I miss me some CoD style FPS. Is the multiplayer fun guys?

Hip Hop

This game is $19.99 today and I'm thinking about grabbing it. Haven't played a CoD since MW1 and CS GO is fun and all but I miss me some CoD style FPS. Is the multiplayer fun guys?

It's been that price for a few days. I clicked a link that said $36, but surprised at that price. Grabbed it and it should be here tomorrow according to UPS. The multiplayer is great (I only play Free For All anyways) and it should be a no brainer, as the prices for these games tend to stay high.

Playing this for the first time since Jan-Feb.
I am amazed at just how many people are buying the custom weapon skins.

I can already see them selling classic characters and faction skins, titles and emblems for Ghosts

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Well I managed to go from Prestige 8 level 40 to Prestige 9 level 41, not to bad I guess but I was hoping to level up more, kept having to do things this weekend that got in the way, lol.

Jrmint

With the final map pack coming out I thought it could be fun to discuss our favorite dlc maps.

My top has to be Downhill. I think it's honestly the best map in the game. It looks fantastic and plays great for every play style. It kills me people don't vote for it more.

Second is Grind. That map is just a blast.

Encore is my 3rd. I didn't expect to like that map much, but I really enjoy it.

1. Cove. I can do well using any weapon, I don't feel like I have to use SMGs to keep up.
  2. Hydro. Another map that allows good versatility.
  3. Uplink. Loved it in BO1, plays much better without Motion Sensors (And also now I've figured out the bottom-middle-building-to-window jump)
  4. Downhill. SVU paradise. It really should be voted in more but NUKETOWN/HIJACKED RUINS EVERYTHING.

Jrmint

Some good calls there. I never got the 3rd pack, but plan to get the 4th.

I completely forgot about Hydro, I'd put that at least even with Encore myself.

Part of the reason I never got the 3rd pack is I didn't want to play Uplink every single match like happened with the 2nd one and Firing Range. It made me dread a good map because it came up almost every time. The videos I've seen of Cove make it look really nice.

I have to agree completely about Hijacked/Nuketown, moreso Nuketown. That is probably the worst map in the game, I absolutely hate it.

Jrmint

So I have $4 in my MS account since the MS point switchover to real money. When I go to purchase the map pack it says it's gonna change me $15 instead of 11 since I had the 4 dollars in there. Does anyone know how to add into that account or make it so Xbox pulls from that account before charging your card for the remainder?

Holy crap. At 33% download so far.

The easter egg song is one of the best of BOII, I think. The whole gang got together for this one.

I've been playin for 5 hours already. Figured out a lot of new stuff without guides and got the first winner for the Overachiever achievement on TA.

Jrmint

Put about an hour into the maps.

Really enjoyed my time with them. I'd say first glimpse Dig and Frost are the best. Takeoff has way too many camping and overlook spots, I feel like playing Domination on those will be a nightmare.

Too early to tell about Pod, but it seems forgettable.

This probation stuff is annoying. Playing only hardcore kill confirmed If I get kicked it counts as towards probation especially when playing alone.

Nebula

Put about an hour into the maps.

Really enjoyed my time with them. I'd say first glimpse Dig and Frost are the best. Takeoff has way too many camping and overlook spots, I feel like playing Domination on those will be a nightmare.

Too early to tell about Pod, but it seems forgettable.

Pod is pretty bad. Liking Frost though, and have yet to play Dig. Takeoff isn't that great to begin with but it's nice to play without motion sensors everywhere.

Tenumi

Banned
So, I got the new map pack as well. For a first, I actually played some zombies solo (usually I wait until friends are available). Origins seems very complicated, but also fun.

As for the multiplayer maps, first night I played Pod, Frost, and Takeoff. Frost was rather nice, right amount of cover and paths to take. Takeoff was Stadium, enough said. Pod.... I didn't like. Finally, today I got into a game on Dig, and boy, do I like that map. Perfect for LMGs, especially MK48 and LSAT.

system11

Tried the new maps out tonight - didn't like Dig much, Frost was nice, Pod was excellent although I wish you could actually climb up into the raised pods, and Takeoff seemed to be perhaps a little oversized. May just have been luck but I seemed to be running around for a long time without seeing the other team.

They keep on making a good game better, if they can fix some of the remaining silly bugs it'll be close to perfect. My #1 complaint is the hardcore mode auto-kick for team killing. Fair enough when you actually shoot someone (more often than not because they ran across your line of fire...), but it's possible to get kicked for killstreaks you're not in control of. Sentry guns are the obvious example, sometimes friendlies will run in front of them while they're firing unattended at a distant enemy, and that counts against you.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Wow someone in this Frost TDM I was just in went 0-17.

I've come across a couple like that, rarely has anything to do with the map, sometimes it is just someone having a really bad day, most of the time though it is someone boosting with someone else. At which point whoever I am playing together with spend the rest of the match trying to mess with the player on the other team trying to boost, usually they just leave during of straight after the match.

I've come across a couple like that, rarely has anything to do with the map, sometimes it is just someone having a really bad day, most of the time though it is someone boosting with someone else. At which point whoever I am playing together with spend the rest of the match trying to mess with the player on the other team trying to boost, usually they just leave during of straight after the match.

A lot of times it is very young children too.

The spawn system on Dig is laughably horrible. Would it hurt Treyarch to pretend they give a little bit of a shit even if Ghosts is less than 3 months away?

Nebula

The spawn system on Dig is laughably horrible. Would it hurt Treyarch to pretend they give a little bit of a shit even if Ghosts is less than 3 months away?

Yeah it's a joke. Honestly disappointed in Treyarch for not even bothering to test it. I spawn in front of people constantly on it.

EDIT: What am I saying. The entire game has garbage spawns. It's a joke that a AAA game is this untested.

Also the AN-94 needs a nerf. Thing out hipfires SMGs and out fires LMGs at long range WAY too frequently.

Top Bottom