• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III |OT| No Content For Old Gen

bluedawgs

Banned
Played a few hours early this morning before work.

Been wanting to get back home all day, game is a pleasant distraction until FO4 release, I'll be smashing through campaigns both male and female before any MP.

Here's a pic I took, only remembering I could have just screenshotted hours later rofl.

z48pItY.jpg
holy fuck that looks great

Smokey

decided to go ahead and pre order digitally on ps4 and...

it's downloading, but the total file size is 12.703GB? that's clearly not correct...what is this

it's downloading, but the total file size is 12.703GB? that's clearly not correct...what is this

A lot digital games download a smaller file first. You can see it install, and then press options and "information" on the game's listing to see the remaining download that it's doing in the background.

Ruff

I haven't much to say on the actual game, I just wanted to congratulate you on the best joke title I've seen on Neogaf yet *claps*

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

A lot of PS4 games let you download a minumum amount needed to start the game and give you access to some features while the others download in the background. I think Black Ops III prioritizes zombies first.

Smokey

A lot digital games download a smaller file first. You can see it install, and then press options and "information" on the game's listing to see the remaining download that it's doing in the background.

A lot of PS4 games let you download a minumum amount needed to start the game and give you access to some features while the others download in the background. I think Black Ops III prioritizes zombies first.

Thanks

Khort

It is the minimum to be able to start the game (sp I would guess), then it will download either zombie or adversarial mp depending what you chose when you started the download. That is one of the cool stuff of this gen, you don't need to have the game fully downloaded before starting to play it. Full game is around 45Gb.

Edit:beaten!

thatJohann

Any word on ps4 performance yet?

I know PC is a bit of a mess at the moment so hoping it's ok on consoles at least.

Played campaign for a couple of hours. Frame rate is definitely not constant. Dips frequently to 30-40fps. Rarely 60fps to be honest.

However I think the game is very pretty and has tons of effects. I didn't even mind the lower frame rate as I'm having a blast. Favorite campaign so far. Cutscenes are 30fps which is jarring because then it switches to 50-60fps right after. Anyway I do have the day 1 patch installed.

Game is awesome. If you're on the fence. Get it.

I just want to take a moment and appreciate the fact that Black Ops has one of the best and most bonkers narratives in the FPS genre. The entire saga is amazing.

Going from 1944 in the Eastern/Pacific fronts, to various Cold War hotspots in the 60s, to the twilight days of the Cold War in the 80s... then straight into the near future of the 2020s, and now into an unknown horrific future that can scant be imagined... with a host of rad characters such as

With bonkers plot points like body doubles and THE NUMBERS and brainwashing and crazy hallucinations and the insane near future. Plus, the acting is pretty perfect for this type of material. World at War was a great look at the brutality of World War II. Black Ops was a great psych-thriller set in the Cold War. Black Ops 2 was a great revenge story, father/son story, etc.

drotahorror

Anyone ever get the Nuketown download to start with ps4 digital? I seen a screenshot in the gaf community thread and someone had downloaded it. I still haven't got the chance to.

GravyButt

Glad to hear people are enjoying mp more than Ghosts. I really liked Ghosts mp for some strange reason Ill never fully even understand myself myself. So chug a chug a choo choo considered me hyped a doo!

First COD I've bought since BOII and first COD I've ever bought at launch. The splitscreen co-op for everything sounds so great.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's actually going to show up in my mailbox until after Fallout comes out, so I probably won't get around to playing it until Thanksgiving. Such is the downside to cheap Best Buy online preorders.

If anyone on PS4 wants to team up for some Domination for Hardcore TDM, feel free to add me: Espanajefff

Man, there's a TON of shit to unlock. Love it!

ryan299

Is there a recap of the two stories so far? I forget them. I saw an official timeline video was released, but it was a boring video

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I am so fucking hyped going to play this all weekend!

GHG

Gold Member
Played campaign for a couple of hours. Frame rate is definitely not constant. Dips frequently to 30-40fps. Rarely 60fps to be honest.

However I think the game is very pretty and has tons of effects. I didn't even mind the lower frame rate as I'm having a blast. Favorite campaign so far. Cutscenes are 30fps which is jarring because then it switches to 50-60fps right after. Anyway I do have the day 1 patch installed.

Game is awesome. If you're on the fence. Get it.

Yeh who am I kidding. I think I'm buying this for the free run mode alone.

First COD since COD4:MW.

zsynqx

The download said Call of Duty Black ops III - NUK3TOWN Bonus Map and Add-On underneath. It just automatically downloaded when I bought the game along with a Black Ops 3 theme. They were 3 separate downloads.

UK psn btw. Oh shit it's nearly 5am! :L

Mengetsu

I just want to take a moment and appreciate the fact that Black Ops has one of the best and most bonkers narratives in the FPS genre. The entire saga is amazing.

Going from 1944 in the Eastern/Pacific fronts, to various Cold War hotspots in the 60s, to the twilight days of the Cold War in the 80s... then straight into the near future of the 2020s, and now into an unknown horrific future that can scant be imagined... with a host of rad characters such as

With bonkers plot points like body doubles and THE NUMBERS and brainwashing and crazy hallucinations and the insane near future. Plus, the acting is pretty perfect for this type of material. World at War was a great look at the brutality of World War II. Black Ops was a great psych-thriller set in the Cold War. Black Ops 2 was a great revenge story, father/son story, etc.
This is a great post. Makes me more hype for the game now!

Phionoxx

Yeah I don't know what is up with the nuketown and the giant DLCs. Can't get them to show up at all on PS4, and ive got it preloaded with the season pass purchased. Not sure if I actually have them installed or not.

GravyButt

The download said Call of Duty Black ops III - NUK3TOWN Bonus Map and Add-On underneath. It just automatically downloaded when I bought the game along with a Black Ops 3 theme. They were 3 separate downloads.

UK psn btw. Oh shit it's nearly 5am! :L
Us psn here. Wonder if that's making a difference.

Shady859

Here's hoping Best Buy hands out nice swag again tonight. They killed it with Halo goodies last week. Gonna grab it and do the update and check out some zombies probably before bed.

So I'm assuming Nuketown will just be unlocked on PS4 Digital since it wasn't there as a separate download along with everything else?

Edit: I see there is already a convo about it.

Hip Hop

Yeh who am I kidding. I think I'm buying this for the free run mode alone.

First COD since COD4:MW.

Free Run is a blast, but sadly, there are only 4 courses from what I saw. But you can definitely spend a lot of time trying to master your timing. The expert one took me about 5 minutes to complete with like 20 falls. So there is room for me to improve.

BBboy20

In hindsight, Treyarch were the perfect alternative developer. Where, then before MW2, Infinity Ward would keep COD's prestigious identity, TY were trying to go to different places (well, tried at the time) to see where COD can go since they were the non-favorite one. When MW2 faltered and thus having COD lose it's luster, Treyarch basically salvaged what was left with their own alternative brand and cranked it up to infinity (and having a far more balanced multiplayer compared to MW2)

And here we are now, tonight.

Top Bottom