• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty devs can't take a joke

LordCBH

Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

Jez acting like a little bitch? No. Fucking. Way.

MiguelItUp

It's a damn joke, it's annoying how many people got upset about this. Devs, fans, whatever. It was just a joke, and an extremely harmless one. I have no idea how or why so many people got butt hurt by this, it's honestly kind of sad and shocking. Also, what's up with all these people acting shocked that the "VGAs weren't about the devs", they never really have been. Other than an award, and allowing a small speech. It's an award show that revolves around ads, reveals, sponsors, and celebrities. Obviously a lot of money gets thrown around, but praising devs is clearly not on the forefront.

This is hilarious 😂😂 snowflakes everywhere and it isn’t even Xmas yet.

He merely commented on the length of the campaign, he didn’t criticise the quality of the game or anything like that (anyone that’s played MWIII’s campaign will know how trash it actually is) but yeah, haha a mere joke on the length of the campaign and its tears galore!

Other than Monster Hunter Wilds, this was the BEST moment of the whole show.

he’s right, and his point speaks to a larger problem within the industry.

Luigi Mario

Quite telling how that Treyarch dev immediately started yapping about “engagement metrics” when that doesn't even concern their short singleplayer parts.
Also, when was the last time either Sledgehammer or Treyarch released an actual good CoD campaign?

Last edited:

damidu

It's a damn joke, it's annoying how many people got upset about this. Devs, fans, whatever. It was just a joke, and an extremely harmless one. I have no idea how or why so many people got butt hurt by this, it's honestly kind of sad and shocking. Also, what's up with all these people acting shocked that the "VGAs weren't about the devs", they never really have been. Other than an award, and allowing a small speech. It's an award show that revolves around ads, reveals, sponsors, and celebrities. Obviously a lot of money gets thrown around, but praising devs is clearly not on the forefront.
its the xbox cult, none of these morons would have defended a fucking 2 hour long, multiplayer scrapped cod campaign if it wasnt a microsoft property now.
defending shitty games with their lives is part of their job description now.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

its the xbox cult, none of these morons would have defended a fucking 2 hour long, multiplayer scrapped cod campaign if it wasnt a microsoft property now.
defending shitty games with their lives is part of their job description now.
I don't think it has anything to do with a plastic box. I think it's just a bunch of idiots that can't take a joke.

GooseMan69

So, you sell a product to be consumed and not something you’re passionate about. May as well be stamping out car hoods with a machine.

“Our users are engaged and consuming our product.” Congratulations, you fucking robot loser.

And this other guy with the metrics talk. Go fuck a spreadsheet, dork.

They’re not making art, or even a competitive shooter. They’re making a glorified slot machine. That’s all COD is nowadays.

Rhazkul

The CoD director should have walked up on stage and Will Smith'd him.

"Keep my game's name out of your fucking mouth!"
Damn, stop reminding me how pathetic he is...i will never be able to watch a Will Smith movie again without thinking "what a beta cuck simp"....shame, really...

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
Guy now looks like predator. Where the fuck is John McTiernan to make a proper Predator followup movie for fucks sake? Plus COD devs should get out of their bubble and create something memorable after all these years.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
They thought releasing a $60 content-poor DLC and carrying on as if nothing had happened, and that's exactly what occurred. The joke on top of the bad reviews was just perfect. It was one of the best moments of the show. There's no need to defend the developers here; the issue lies within Activision itself.

Hestar69

Well don't make a shitty DLC a 70 full priced game. COD has been shit for years maybe this will wake them up to actually make a GOOD SP and MP game.. warzone is a snorefest.

Dazraell

They thought releasing a $60 content-poor DLC and carrying on as if nothing had happened, and that's exactly what occurred. The joke on top of the bad reviews was just perfect. It was one of the best moments of the show. There's no need to defend the developers here; the issue lies within Activision itself.
Exactly. I think most of people who worked on MW3 singleplayer campaign probably didn't even took it as an offence as they also realize the reality behind this project. This decision to release it as a proper sequel for 70 dollars and giving devs such short dev cycle for it is responsibility of Activision's execs and a result their poor decision making. They could give them more time or just decide to release it as 30-40 dollars expansion and not label it as Modern Warfare 3. They decided differently and people have every right to call them out

Robb

Gold Member
What a bunch of crybabies. The only thing this tells me is that there should be more jokes made in general.

Bring on the;
“For best DLC of the yea.. Oh sorry I meant to read Action/Adventure game; TotK/Spider-Man 2”

“Unfortunately one contender is encumbered somewhere in space and could therefore not be included in the GOTY category, so the winner is..”

“Thank you for that fantastic reception, I was afraid to fall as flat as Redfall”

Hibs

Are these the same devs that cried when BG3 released and were talking about not expecting quality like it from them?

Because they sound like the same bitch ass devs that cried last time.

What a pathetic snowflake. Crying over a joke that was entertaining and brought everyone to laughs.

The only people not laughing are the salty COD devs who put out a stinker and Microsoft shills like him who feel they need to defend COD because MS bought ABK. If this was any other year before MS acquired ABK he'd be laughing too. He needs to GTFOH and stop d***riding Activision. He's not part of the team, no matter how much he wants to be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom