• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts enables offline play

Biker19

Banned
I remember reading during E3 that despite Sony harping on the fact that you didn't need to be online to play games on their console, (when MS was still online only) that they worded it in a way meaning first party games. Supposedly it was still up to 3rd party devs whether they wanted the games to be online only. I hope this isn't still the case.

3rd party publishers that honestly thinks that online only games will catch on will be in for a rude awakening.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It's splitscreen (2 players) or fullscreen (1 player) with bots.

Bots can play in all team modes and you can now have a mixture of difficulties in the match such as 1 rookie, 2 normal, 3 hardened and 2 veteran.

The multiplayer is actually very good but I'm not that keen on the maps.

rbanke

I never have taken those little boxes on games as a feature list, more of a simple statement of facts for the game in question.

Gaz_RB

I think it's more of like "you can play split screen with bots" than "you don't need to be connected to the internet to play this game"

Like MMOs and plenty of F2P games? We're already in the post-offline world. Why this is causing a ruckus anywhere is a real headscratcher.

Agree. It's obvious that some titles like Destiny for example, are online only. Same for TitanFall. And quite honestly, Battlefield, COD, Madden have all been "online only" for me for the last few years.

Bedlam

I think it's more of like "you can play split screen with bots" than "you don't need to be connected to the internet to play this game"
I really don't know anymore and the mere possibility that it could be the latter is disturbing enough.

Also, offline splitscreen was often just labeled "offline: 2 players" or something like that in the past, not "offline enabled".

Maybe it should just say "Offline Multiplayer Enabled".

Or just split the thing into overlapping circles: Offline, Online, and Paywall.

vHOzBFL.gif
Haha, where is this from?

terrisus

Imagine if a dev invented a mode where you could play multiplayer offline on the same console. I think it could work if they split the screen somehow.

That's crazy talk.
And people would never go for something like that anyway.

Who wants to actually interact with other people in person, when you can keep them at a safe distance online?

Lonnie413

Probably relates to how you can download the game in chunks like how you can download the single player before the online mode. Maybe you can install the online mode before the offline?

I know this is for a disc based release but just my 2 cents.

level44

I own every cod but won't be buying this one.

There's nothing that's temping me. The Extinction mode looks laughable.

Top Bottom