• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Mobile Announced for North America, Europe, and More

rough start. boots to a main screen where it sits for 5 mins with no music/sound effects and does nothing, i thought it was frozen. then a progress bar mysteriously appears at the bottom indicating that an update is downloading?

TUROK

Question-Rage-Face.jpg

large.jpg
Yeah, I get it, you enjoy being a bitchy dweeb about video games more than you like playing them.

flacopol

Yeah, I get it, you enjoy being a bitchy dweeb about video games more than you like playing them.

no , I just try to avoid games with lootboxes , the grinding is based on an impossible way to get it , so yeah "you could get it wihtout lootboxes" crap.

The game as a service lie , the different launch dates (the division 2) , the dlc that is already in the disc (tekken vs Street fighter) and the DLC is an unlocker , type of games only for a plataform... well I could write a few more

And, my main game is path of exile, so I know that there is a way to make a game... f2p

but is only my humble opinion

keraj37

I played some FPS'es on mobile and I must say that playing shooters with console pads is a mystery to me, though playing on mobile is a self inflicted torture.
If I cannot play FPS with keyboard and mouse I don't play at all.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Game is quite fun, but I hate smartphone controls.

Is it possible to use it with a controller? Ios 13 supports it.

Also, first match
tVbidP8.jpg

tVbidP8.jpg

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I played a couple of games and was surprised it worked as well as it did. But I uninstalled it just because I wasn't really having fun. I don't think it's the games fault, I just think COD on a mobile platform just feels weird and lacking, haha. Personal opinion.

I have a Pixel 2 and I was surprised the game looked as good, ran as good, and handled as well as it did. I'd recommend COD fans at least try it to see it for themselves.

Tygeezy

If you played pubgmobile you should feel right at home. The controls are pretty much exactly the same except it doesn't have that pubg "realistic" movement and jumping. Honestly, this controls better than console shooters on iphone x. I can do quick 180 degree turns with a right thumb swipe and the tilt controls with gyro give me precision close to a mouse. It even supports 3d touch (shame on you apple for removing it on iphone 11) so all I have to do is squeeze screen harder anywhere on the right side of the phone (you can adjust the pressure) and it will fire off rounds. You don't need aim assist with gyro and it isn't on by default.

With gyro I can move, aim, shoot at the same time. Most people are just standing around when they shoot in this game; presumably because they are aiming with touch screen.

Most people are just standing around when they shoot in this game; presumably because they are aiming with touch screen.

Strafing works surprisingly well. Still getting used to gyro.
I'm going to play this a lot more than PUBG simply because it's so easy to drop in for 5 minutes of fun. PUBG is not instantly gratifying.
For me, this is the most fun COD multiplayer since the first Black Ops lol. It looks and feels like the real thing and has some of my favourite maps!
I hope they add Wager Matches. Gun Game is especially fun.

Tygeezy

Strafing works surprisingly well. Still getting used to gyro.
I'm going to play this a lot more than PUBG simply because it's so easy to drop in for 5 minutes of fun. PUBG is not instantly gratifying.
For me, this is the most fun COD multiplayer since the first Black Ops lol. It looks and feels like the real thing and has some of my favourite maps!
I hope they add Wager Matches. Gun Game is especially fun.
Stick with the gyro, you will continually improve and when you play games that don't use gyro it will feel awkward. Consoles really need to get on board and support this. I agree with everything you said and a phone game shouldn't be a better experience than console, but it is.

NickFire

This is another example of how remarkable technological advances have been in the past 30 years. Heck, even in the past 10 years. If you asked me 10 years ago whether I thought a cell phone would be running Call of Duty in 2019, I'd have thought you were bonkers. But here we are.

Tygeezy

This is another example of how remarkable technological advances have been in the past 30 years. Heck, even in the past 10 years. If you asked me 10 years ago whether I thought a cell phone would be running Call of Duty in 2019, I'd have thought you were bonkers. But here we are.
And doing it better because it embraces gyroscope and touch screen camera movement (hello steam controller)

NickFire

And doing it better because it embraces gyroscope and touch screen camera movement (hello steam controller)
Yuck. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Not really. I just personally have never really cared for any controls that didn't come from a controller in my hands. But I have no doubt this will make a lot of people happy, and I'm still kind of in awe at the power in our cell phones.

Tygeezy

Yuck. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Not really. I just personally have never really cared for any controls that didn't come from a controller in my hands. But I have no doubt this will make a lot of people happy, and I'm still kind of in awe at the power in our cell phones.
The reason it controls better in my opinion is because you can do quick 180 degree turns and you can accurately aim without the aid of the game to help you aim. With control stick only you do a very slow 180 degree turns, but it's not only slow, its also notoriously inaccurate. In a game where aiming and turning with speed is king the device that you can aim better with is just superior. Is it better than the steam controller? No, because the steam controller has the same advantages over a standard game pad plus the use of physical buttons, but more importantly shoulder buttons and grip buttons (behind the controller)

With 3d touch though you don't need to fumble to find the button, you just squeeze the screen harder. The digital buttons aren't as friendly though so you will need to place them in areas that your muscle memory can take over.

The version published by Garena in Asia is confirmed to keep mobile and PC players separate:

unjqpxwlh3q31.jpg

Tencent's global servers might be different. Some people are really good on mobile. PUBG and Shadowgun Destiny Legends have been out for 18 months and Fortnite for about 14.

I'm warming up to the BR mode. It feels very similar to Black Ops 4. The zombie toy is creepy as hell. Battle Royale is good for when you're tired of regular MP. It's chill while still having all the tacticool features and helps with progression.

Graciaus

This is the most fun I've had playing COD in a very long time. If it had some of my favorite maps from MW2 this would be even better.

Top Bottom