• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered Seemingly Confirmed

Strider311

Hyperbolic? You can stay bored on those maps but most people agree, the game is trash. Great? Ha.

“Most people.” The matches seem pretty full to me, so I must not be the only one. Chill, bud. Just cause you don’t like something doesn’t mean it doesn’t still have value for other people.

“Most people.” The matches seem pretty full to me, so I must not be the only one. Chill, bud. Just cause you don’t like something doesn’t mean it doesn’t still have value for other people.
Fair enough, but the way you worded it seemed like you were pretty aggravated yourself but you're right, it's not a big deal.

But just because you DO like something doesn't mean that you're right, either because neither of us really are. This is a forum open to discussion, and we're open to disagree. That being said, player counts don't mean that the players like the game as much as you do at all.

I don't think it's as great as you but it has some good things going for it that's plagued by horrendous map design and net code, on top of things like SBMM, camping and pro-camping mechanics like BO1 Ghost, crouch walking, footsteps, Dead Silence, as well as random explosions, etc. It's plagued by usual CoD problems so it's really hit or miss for everyone, forgive me because I found it inconceivable that anybody can stand playing the game for hours on end.

Rumor is they're adding MW2 maps to compensate for the lack of that game being remastered so hopefully that'll bring players like me back to playing longer than a few games.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hyperbolic? You can stay bored on those maps but most people agree, the game is trash. Great? Ha.
Most people think the old Call of Duty games are better. Not just gamers, but also reviews from websites.

Ever since the first game to next gen (Ghosts or AW) in 2013 where the game got grilled, the game trended downhill. Better visuals, but the game isn't as fun.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

I know people have been asking for a remastered MP for years. Who asked for the campaign?
That was before we knew we could get the quality of the new 2019 MW MP which almost feels like MW2 MP days. I don't think it's as wanted now, the whole point of wanting the MW2 MP was the nostalgia of how good it used to be.

Also, the first MW Campaigns were considered the best especially MW2. The later Call of Duty's didn't hold a candle to those.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
old CoD games are way better. the new ones simply play worse. vaulting feels absolutely awful in the new ones, the movement feels super stiff and the map designs are so absolutely terrible for the most part, it's insane.
Maps are the worst. Something happened around that time I mentioned (Ghosts or AW) where whichever guys makes the maps turned into a clusterfuck of rat mazes.

In the old games, the maps were designed in such a way you had open lanes, but also parts you could hold the line. Now, you can just run around get someone from behind.

Never really thought of it at the time but as some people on forums said back then, the new map designs were made so that new gamers could aimlessly run around and get some kills because the older maps and spawns made it tough to crack if you weren't good at the game.

One thing that is good is unlimited sprint. The old games where your guy runs 15 ft and gets pooped was weird.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but the way you worded it seemed like you were pretty aggravated yourself but you're right, it's not a big deal.

But just because you DO like something doesn't mean that you're right, either because neither of us really are. This is a forum open to discussion, and we're open to disagree. That being said, player counts don't mean that the players like the game as much as you do at all.

I don't think it's as great as you but it has some good things going for it that's plagued by horrendous map design and net code, on top of things like SBMM, camping and pro-camping mechanics like BO1 Ghost, crouch walking, footsteps, Dead Silence, as well as random explosions, etc. It's plagued by usual CoD problems so it's really hit or miss for everyone, forgive me because I found it inconceivable that anybody can stand playing the game for hours on end.

Rumor is they're adding MW2 maps to compensate for the lack of that game being remastered so hopefully that'll bring players like me back to playing longer than a few games.
MW 2019 is the worst CoD MP ever made, in my opinion. Even worse than Infinite Warfare. The maps designed for campers, safe spaces everywhere, the horrendous SBMM, the absurd footstep volume, the broken weapons, doors everywhere....

TDM is flat out boring because of the design choices they made, and routinely goes to the time limit because no one wants to move.

Last edited:
Nothing will be worse than Infinite Warefare MP (the singleplayer tho is the best in the franchise). TTK was so low, it was literally who pressed the trigger first, an enemy sees you, boom you're dead instantly.

ZywyPL

Banned
it was literally who pressed the trigger first, an enemy sees you, boom you're dead instantly.

That's literally how it works in every single CoD... Or any shooter out there for the matter. Unless the person who shoots first sucks that is.

Back in the days PCs had dedicated servers, and I mean true dedicated servers, with 5-25ms pings, unlike shitty P2P or those publisher vendored servers we get nowadays, that's where all the issue of modern multiplayer games lies.

Codes 208

That's literally how it works in every single CoD... Or any shooter out there for the matter. Unless the person who shoots first sucks that is.
Games like halo, team fortress, overwatch and even apex legends or any game with class system or various types of shields to buffer the damage have proven you can defend yourself effectively after being shot first. Games like CoD are twitch shooters where most weapons have similar TTK and players have absymal health allowing for the “first shit, first kill” style if gameplay.

MilkLizard

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

Back in the days PCs had dedicated servers, and I mean true dedicated servers, with 5-25ms pings, unlike shitty P2P or those publisher vendored servers we get nowadays, that's where all the issue of modern multiplayer games lies.
Erm, no. Battlefield 1942 took actually skill and was fair. It was the best online multiplayer game going until this shit show turned up.

Nephron

Neo Member
So I guess the german version is still censored than, as you can't shoot people?

Was wandering the same thing. The game actually HAS to be censored to be sold in Germany as the 2009 game did not receive a rating.
I'm curious how battle.net will handle this.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Remastering a game from an annual franchise feels just like EA would remaster NFL or NHL older entry. xD

At least, makes it a package like Master chief collection, multiplayer included.

Mista

Banned

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered will come to XB1 and PC on April 30th

EUdC11UVAAUEpEk

Top Bottom