• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hype/News/Info Thread (PC Dedicated Servers)

nomis

Strider2K99 said:
Sounds like there might be a multiplayer trailer to coincide with CoD XP.

http://twitter.com/#!/GlenSchofield/status/108423767457398784

I thought we were all running under this assumption? "Multiplayer mode reveal to coincide with CoD XP"? Presumably in trailer form, hopefully with further documentation showing perk structure and killstreaks. Most likely on September 3rd.

omnomis said:
I thought we were all running under this assumption? "Multiplayer mode reveal to coincide with CoD XP"? Presumably in trailer form, hopefully with further documentation showing perk structure and killstreaks. Most likely on September 3rd.
Yeah uhhh I thought this was gonna be a full out reveal. Maybe not?

kuYuri

omnomis said:
Before MW2's release, alot of people's own gameplay videos were found online in addition to whatever IW released. I'm hoping to see more of the community side gameplay videos (such as on Gametrailers and Youtube) and not just prepared trailers from the devs.

RJNavarrete said:
Bloc? Fuck that map. Replace that with Crossfire or Backlot and I'd agree with your list.

Absolutely. We have PS3 here in my office and play COD on our breaks-we put COD4 back in for nostalgia purposes.

sooogood.gif

Did anyone ever play Old School mode on COD4-it was such a blast.

Bloc has always been one of those maps that people either like, or don't.

I hated it at first, but then it grew on me.

Do you think we'll get a full blow out come the XP event? Like all Maps/Killstreaks/Perks/Game modes etc or will we just get a limited view at the game? I'm hoping they don't hold onto all the info, but I'm doubtful.

kuYuri

-MikePriester- said:
Bloc has always been one of those maps that people either like, or don't.

I hated it at first, but then it grew on me.

Do you think we'll get a full blow out come the XP event? Like all Maps/Killstreaks/Perks/Game modes etc or will we just get a limited view at the game? I'm hoping they don't hold onto all the info, but I'm doubtful.

If it's anything like the past, it's pretty much everything, minus maybe a few things (such as Nuke wasn't revealed for MW2 until people got their copies early).

Here are the past reveals for example.

Black Ops
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406003

MW2
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369435

Stantron

LeMaximilian said:
I really hope the killstreaks go beyond 15. :/
Get first Juggernaut, get another 15 kills with said Juggernaut, with stacking and resets, get second Juggernaut within same life. There you go, 30 point streak.
edit: I know what you mean. ;)

kuYuri

Interview with Sledgehammer Games two heads about CoD XP:

http://youtu.be/AbF0XBLXnw0

Also, we may hear something about MP as early as Thursday, right before XP, according to Glen Schofield's Twitter.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like it's happening 11 AM PDT this friday.

http://twitter.com/#!/CallofDuty/status/108662901992198145

The Call of Duty #MW3 Multiplayer Premiere is around the corner. Be there this Friday at 11am PDT for the reveal.

kuYuri

M14/M21 confirmed? Swamp location?

xtMrM.jpg

It's concept art.

Yeah but a lot of other games look like drawings that you just know wouldn't be 100% feasible in a game. That pic actually looks like it could be a game. Next-gen I guess.

Calibur

Strider2K99 said:
What's Known So Far
- Dive-To-Prone not returning.

I was seriously pissed when they took out tilting/lean that was in PC version of Modern Warfare from the console versions, But WTF no Dive to Prone, what new play mechanic's are gonna be in Modern Warfare 3, what make this an evolution from Modern Warfare 2 just new maps, perks and guns?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
The Xtortionist said:
CoD4 has the best set of on disk maps ever, barring Wetwork. But it's ok to have one stinker out of 17 maps. Hell, most games don't even ship with 10 maps.

This. Even the maps i disliked initially grew on me. Ambush, Bog, Bloc. The download maps however were pretty bad. Creek and chinatown were awful.

legacyzero

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
This. Even the maps i disliked initially grew on me. Ambush, Bog, Bloc. The download maps however were pretty bad. Creek and chinatown were awful.

I agree with creek. a very unbalanced map. But Chinatown? I have a special love for Chinatown because of Carentan from COD2. Such lovely memories.

There is a whole topic on it already. Anyway I'll reserve judgement until I see the price of it, and also get confirmation that you actually keep access to the map packs when the sub is up.

DarkChild

Banned
TacticalFox88 said:
My jaw dropped. Holy shit if that was real.
No way thats real...You can see that tree has like thousands of polygons,very smooth.Gun could be photoshoped in it,and that thing looks awesome got to say.

legacyzero said:
My hype is kicking into high gear. Love COD multiplayer. I'm just hoping they back up their promises in regard to a more balanced game.
I think there is a chance that MW3 might be IW's Black Ops. I'm hoping so (in regard to balance I mean), especially considering they make a technically superior game.

legacyzero

Banned
-Pyromaniac- said:
I think there is a chance that MW3 might be IW's Black Ops. I'm hoping so (in regard to balance I mean), especially considering they make a technically superior game.

That's what I'm praying for. Love or hate Black ops, the game is awesomely balanced. Now if they had the hit detection right, it'd be perfect.

legacyzero said:
That's what I'm praying for. Love or hate Black ops, the game is awesomely balanced. Now if they had the hit detection right, it'd be perfect.
Hit detection and MAG like Dedicated Servers on consoles it'd be absolutely PERFECT

aristotle said:
I'm never hyped for a CoD game until it's like a week from release, then I'm a dudebro. :/

I fucking love CoD. I also love Mario, and Demon's Souls, and Vanquish, and Gears, and Deus Ex, and Battlefield. If that makes me a dudebro then whatever.

Top Bottom