• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Fuck what the haters say, I'm ready for some MP.

Oh, and finishing off Makarov will be fun too.
3AQmK.gif

Judderman said:
Fuck what the haters say, I'm ready for some MP.

Oh, and finishing off Makarov will be fun too.
3AQmK.gif
Exactly. Everyone bitches and complains on how "I'm not buying COD this time blah blah blah" but let's face it, it's going to be the highest selling COD, the most played LIVE and PSN game, etc. etc.

And I'm going to enjoy every minute I play.

Home

Looks great. Do those prestige tokens carry over each time you prestige or does it reset every time?

And any idea on the MP maps?

woooooooooo B^) lets gooooooooooo, hyped.

smh at my best buy having a midnight release then cancelling it fsdlfdsjfhsfds, amazon for me

does anyone know which maps are remakes from old Call of duty games?

Alienshogun said:
You sure? OP says otherwise.

OP also doesn't mention that the AA-12 is returning : p

Blind Eye's description in-game is "Undetectable by air support and sentries". Nothing mentioning UAV. Assassin specifically mentions UAV.

edit - beaten like noobs on christmas morning

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Bleh. Not liking the new perks.

All my favourites from Black Ops have ended up in one category.

PSYGN

Very nice. I'll miss Marathon Pro, though :p I'm a run & gunner and it's nice to catch people off guard in the beginning of the matches and immediately get a UAV up.

Palmer_v1

The Xtortionist said:
Dead Silence reduces Recon's effectiveness against you.

Are you sure about that? Dead silence only references your footstep sounds, not the Recon "painted on the map" perk

fernoca

Looks even better with the same background color, great job Radec. :)

And yep..hmm.. learning experience (for me) too. I usually went with pngs because of transparency, afraid that using the same background color would result on a slightly differnt look/tone.

Good to see that as jpgs and with the same color the result's the same, and the file size is smaller. Noted for the next thread I make! XD

kuYuri

Awesome OP! :D

BTW, the PP90M1's picture is wrong, that's supposed to be the MP5. The current picture for the MP5 is the old MP5 from CoD4.

jgminto

Alienshogun said:
Yes, however, look at what he put in the OP. Also, technically UAV IS air support.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6056/6286704736_e75cb964e6_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
The OP probably interpreted wrong. IW has never said that it included UAV and when have they ever had perks that shared characteristics in the same game?

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on the fence this year. Not because of the game itself but because I don't have the time to keep up with other online gamers. Eh, I'll probably buy it anyway. There are few experiences as fun, fast and mindless as CoD online. A perfect way to unwind after a stressful day of work. Fuck the haters that cry sheep and dudebro. Go back to your artsy and intellectual games, nerd.

Pre-ordered for Wii. Can't wait to use the Type 95. Calling it now as the new G11.

A couple questions:

- Does Recon paint the targets on all of your teammates' minimaps or just yours?

- How does the grenade/equipment loadout work? You get one lethal and one equipment? Do I get either one frag or one bouncing betty? What about portable radar, anti-rocket system, etc?

Palmer_v1 said:
Are you sure about that? Dead silence only references your footstep sounds, not the Recon "painted on the map" perk

Heard it through the grapevine, but keep in mind that few of the OP's perk descriptions are identical to what's in-game.

Also, there's a secret killstreak that you always have called MOAB. It kills all opposing players and leaves a permanent EMP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epfPrFgCuFs

LifEndz

35jht7c.gif

awesome OP. Still trying to decide between the PS3 and 360 version...and still searching for a hardened edition

The Xtortionist said:
Heard it through the grapevine, but keep in mind that few of the OP's perk descriptions are identical to what's in-game.

Also, there's a secret killstreak that you always have called MOAB. It kills all opposing players and leaves a permanent EMP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epfPrFgCuFs
If that's actually true then that's awesome.
I'm probably one of the few people that wanted something like the nuke killstreak still implemented in the game, and while this doesn't end the game, it would still motivation to get that high killstreak.

Syph Medwes said:
If that's actually true then that's awesome.
I'm probably one of the few people that wanted something like the nuke killstreak still implemented in the game, and while this doesn't end the game, it would still motivation to get that high killstreak.

I heard it's like a 45 killstreak or something equally ridiculous. It will be near-impossible to get and will probably only be a humiliation tactic against teams of horrible players.

Meier

vatstep said:
Aw yeah, fuck yeah.

I am so hyped for this. I don't give a shit if it makes me a "dude bro" or a "sheep" — just hook that 60FPS, bar-filling, guitar-riffing goodness to my veins.
+1

MW3 and Skyrim within days of one another? Ridiculous. Best week ever.

Great work, Radec!

Hey Radec, can you make a list of the people who post regularly in this thread's PSN I.D's/XBL Gamertags so we won't be stuck playing with randoms?

TacticalFox88 said:
Hey Radec, can you make a list of the people who post regularly in this thread's PSN I.D's/XBL Gamertags so we won't be stuck playing with randoms?
Someone should make an account whose friends are gaffers that play MW3.
Like the Gears of War 3 thread did.

I'll do it if you guys want.

soultron

Banned
If this game can restore the greatness that was COD4, I am on board. Every COD since COD4 had me burned out within months. Granted, I played COD4 for nearly 3 years straight, but still. BLOPS was the only once since COD4 that I really liked, but even then it only took me a few months to get sick of it. (Mostly the numerous problems playing online too...)

Top Bottom