• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I haven't touched this game since almost December, but I'm kind of in the mood to jump back in online. How is the game these days? I see quite a few complaints about lag compensation and spawning, so I imagine not much has been done to alleviate that? (That was the original reason why I stopped playing)

Spawns are still terrible yes.

Good to see you guys are still keeping this thread alive and kicking lol. I didn't play for a good part of the year because of a heavy workload irl ( school, work ) but I have more free time and I decided to upload more videos again. No Idea if you guys still care, but here's my latest upload, 51-3 on dome, MOAB running assault/aa-12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqye2cgfXWE&feature=youtu.be

Forgot how fun the game can be ( except for groundwar, still a total clusterfuck ). Hey, someone tell me which map packs are the best, I'm thinking of getting a few of them, but I wanna avoid the crap ones.

Good to see you guys are still keeping this thread alive and kicking lol. I didn't play for a good part of the year because of a heavy workload irl ( school, work ) but I have more free time and I decided to upload more videos again. No Idea if you guys still care, but here's my latest upload, 51-3 on dome, MOAB running assault/aa-12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqye2cgfXWE&feature=youtu.be

Forgot how fun the game can be ( except for groundwar, still a total clusterfuck ). Hey, someone tell me which map packs are the best, I'm thinking of getting a few of them, but I wanna avoid the crap ones.

Well there are only two map packs out. "Collection 1" and "Collection 2"

Collection One:
-Multiplayer Maps: Piazza, Liberation, Overwatch, Blackbox
-Spec Ops Missions: Black Ice, Negotiator.

Collection Two:
-Multiplayer Maps: Foundation, Sanctuary, Oasis
-FaceOff Maps: Getaway, Lookout
-SpecOps Missions: Iron Clad, Kill Switch

Collection Three: (Not Released Yet)(Most Likely Coming Out July 17th or 24th for Xbox360)
-Multiplayer Maps: 2 TBA
-FaceOff Maps: Vortex, UTurn, Intersection
-Spec Ops Missions: Artic Recon

Judging by multiplayer maps, i prefer Collection One by far. Keep in mind, i pretty much mostly play demolition. I have like 56 thousand kills in demolition and only 10 thousand kills in other gamemodes combined. You get an extra map in Collection One over Collection Two.. I enjoyed the Spec Ops Missions in Collection One better than Collection Two's as well.
Collection Three is pretty much a bust because it lacks multiplayer maps, so i'd definitely go with Collection One. It's a lot of fun. If you're unsure, watch some trailers for Collection One to see what the maps look like.

Btw if you don't know what Faceoff is, it's a new gamemode where maps are specifically designed for it and it's for 1v1 and 2v2. They also added 3v3, but said it's for a limited time only. There are two free Faceoff maps anyway, so you can always play it without having to purchase the DLC.

Lastly, Terminal is coming for free in a few weeks (July), so that should be a lot of fun too.

I guess this post wasn't really an opinion and didn't really detail the maps, but at least it tells you what content is out there.

Collection Three: (Not Released Yet)(Most Likely Coming Out July 17th or 24th for Xbox360)
-Spec Ops Missions: Artic Recon, Probably One More TBA as well.

Meh, 2 MP maps? Is that confirmed? As much as I enjoy Face Off, that's pretty pathetic if we're only getting 2 regular maps to make room for the 3rd Face Off.

I'd personally rather have them cut Spec Ops missions. You get way less playtime out of those.

Meh, 2 MP maps? Is that confirmed? As much as I enjoy Face Off, that's pretty pathetic if we're only getting 2 regular maps to make room for the 3rd Face Off.

I'd personally rather have them cut Spec Ops missions. You get way less playtime out of those.

Nothing official yet, just an educated guess by using previous history. Not that it adds to my credibility. But i guessed the dates that new prestiges would come out and patches etc...

Terminal releases free as well as two two new multiplayer maps.
Theres going to be 4 collections and 24 content drops.
So thats 6 things per collection.

Collection 1 had 6.
Collection 2 had 7.
Collection 3 has 4 so far. So, add 2 multiplayer maps and then terminal as a free to the public map, so it doesn't count as a drop, like Erosion and Agroud didn't count. Also, the content calendar has only two maps listed, even though we know that changes all the time.
That leaves Collection 4 with 5 drops. Who knows what can happen, but in a standard Collection, that would be 3 multiplayer maps and 2 spec ops missions. They can always throw a curveball and add something completely new, like they did with faceoff, but i doubt it because it releases in October, just weeks before Black Ops 2 for PS3 users.

Well there are only two map packs out. "Collection 1" and "Collection 2"

Collection One:
-Multiplayer Maps: Piazza, Liberation, Overwatch, Blackbox
-Spec Ops Missions: Black Ice, Negotiator.

Collection Two:
-Multiplayer Maps: Foundation, Sanctuary, Oasis
-FaceOff Maps: Getaway, Lookout
-SpecOps Missions: Iron Clad, Kill Switch

-Spec Ops Missions: Artic Recon, Probably One More TBA as well.

Judging by multiplayer maps, i prefer Collection One by far. Keep in mind, i pretty much mostly play demolition. I have like 56 thousand kills in demolition and only 10 thousand kills in other gamemodes combined. You get an extra map in Collection One over Collection Two.. I enjoyed the Spec Ops Missions in Collection One better than Collection Two's as well.
Collection Three is pretty much a bust because it lacks multiplayer maps, so i'd definitely go with Collection One. It's a lot of fun. If you're unsure, watch some trailers for Collection One to see what the maps look like.

Btw if you don't know what Faceoff is, it's a new gamemode where maps are specifically designed for it and it's for 1v1 and 2v2. They also added 3v3, but said it's for a limited time only. There are two free Faceoff maps anyway, so you can always play it without having to purchase the DLC.

Lastly, Terminal is coming for free in a few weeks (July), so that should be a lot of fun too.

I guess this post wasn't really an opinion and didn't really detail the maps, but at least it tells you what content is out there.

I was wondering wtf face-off was, sounds interesting. All in all the maps on collection one seem a bit more my taste, and a better value too.I thought there was more map packs out though and I wouldn't be able to afford them all, but since there's only two out,I'll probably just end up getting both. Thanks for the info!

legacyzero

Banned
Terminal's going to be interesting without the constant OMA/DC tubing.
So much this.

I hated every single map in MW2.

It's hard to enjoy the map when every inch of it was constantly exploding.

Also, I would LOVE to see a COD4 throwback. all but 2 of the maps in that list were amazing.

kuYuri

Both Best Buy and Gamestop have the Black Ops and MW3 DLC on sale ahead of the XBLM and also for PS3.

I am blown away that the MW3 DLC is already going on sale just a little over a month after Collection 2 came out.

Both Best Buy and Gamestop have the Black Ops and MW3 DLC on sale ahead of the XBLM and also for PS3.
non-US GAF here. ;)
I am blown away that the MW3 DLC is already going on sale just a little over a month after Collection 2 came out.
Yep. I was totally shocked when I saw that. I never-ever bought any piece of CoD DLC but this deal seems so good: Coll 1 + 2 for the price of one. And I enjoyed MW3 a lot so I think it's a no brainer.

edit: XBL Deal of the Week is LIVE! MW3 & BO DLC price drops:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the map packs haven't sold as well as they did for past COD games. I know I haven't bought a single piece of DLC for this game so far, when I bought almost all of it for prior games.

The way they've handled the release of DLC has been a clusterfuck that hurts my brain to even keep up with it.

If people are trying to choose between Collection 1 and Collection 2 (even though you shouldn't at the moment cause of this sale lol) I would say Collection 1 is better IMO, in terms of MP maps.

Black Box is easily one of my favorites and Overwatch is up there as well. I wasn't too fond of Liberation but after playing Oasis (542546 times btw), Sanctuary and Foundation, I'm enjoying it. Piazza is nothing amazing but still better than the 3 recent maps.

Btw, I'm looking to join the 360 clan. I would appreciate an invite whenever you have the time. Thanks in advance. Elite name is Hispanicguy. I don't have premium, though, so no clan challenges for me. Maybe when BO2 comes out, i'll pick up Elite...but MW3 has shown me Elite doesn't mean shit lol.

And if anyone wants to ever team up, feel free to add me. I play any and all modes. Usually play hardcore when I'm by myself.

I've reset my stats twice already. Once at 10 and once at 15. Guess I'll be working on reaching 20 and resetting one last time before the fall games start to come out...namely, Borderlands 2.

Nabs

Oh shit. Bought and bought.

This includes Black Ops
Kappa.png

popeutlal

Wasn't going to buy collection 2 since I only play ground war. $15 for 3 maps wasn't going to happen....but with half the price I'm getting it.

Well this is what the playlist update did:

Misc bug fixes:

- Fix for hacked custom classes online

- Fix for game hardlocking by shooting a riot shield using an SMG with silencer and HAMR scope attachment

Also added Search and Destroy to Faceoff

And added Double XP :D

kuYuri

Hey rangersfan, sorry for not getting in with you, you seem to contact me when I'm always with other another party. Next time you see me on MW3, remind me that I'm definitely supposed to party up with you. :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So Nabs and I just rolled through pretty much all of the DLC1/2 maps and I must say I liked them quite a bit. I didn't run into any spawn issues and the maps are really gorgeous on PC.

So there's Double XP right now?

Yeah lol, I went from 20 to 40 just playing tonight, I feel pretty pleased with the progress I made on this prestige.

So there's Double XP right now?

There is also going to be another CONFIRMED double xp weekend this weekend starting Friday morning and going until Monday morning. Not sure why, possibly to draw awareness to the DLC sale that is benefiting the Call of Duty Endowment? EDIT: Yes, it's for the sale/endowment thing and Black Ops will have the Double XP as well.

Speculating now, there will most likely be another double xp weekend next weekend when elite content drops "drop" and terminal comes out (Tuesday) but double xp from friday to monday.

Then, another double xp weekend 2 weekends from now when Collection 3 hits on tuesday again but double xp from friday to monday.

If this is true, then that'd be 6 double xp weekends in 6 weeks counting the 4th of july one lol.

Hey rangersfan, sorry for not getting in with you, you seem to contact me when I'm always with other another party. Next time you see me on MW3, remind me that I'm definitely supposed to party up with you. :)

Haha no worries, I had my own party and was just wondering if you wanted to join as a 5th. It's not like i was alone dying for somebody to play with. Definitely looking forward to playing with you sometime though :D Keep in mind I pretty much only play demolition though lol.

kuYuri

Haha no worries, I had my own party and was just wondering if you wanted to join as a 5th. It's not like i was alone dying for somebody to play with. Definitely looking forward to playing with you sometime though :D Keep in mind I pretty much only play demolition though lol.

I'm cool with Demo, I've liked it a bunch in MW2/Black Ops and it has been largely ignored this time since my party tends to play Dom/KC/TDM. Want to play it more.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I buy both Collection 1 and Collection 2 for MW3, will that give me literally all the maps that Elite members have access to? At least, until Collection 3 is released?

I'm not prepared to pay for Elite, but 1200 points for all these maps is a damn good deal.

Oh, and how do I go about playing them with strangers? I'm guessing I can't join Elite playlists; will I automatically be put in lobbies with people who also have access to these maps when I try and find a game?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh, and how do I go about playing them with strangers? I'm guessing I can't join Elite playlists; will I automatically be put in lobbies with people who also have access to these maps when I try and find a game?

Yeah that's the way it works on PC at least. And the lobby leader can tell matchmaking to ignore the DLC if you are playing with friends who don't have it.

Man, I am so in love with the Central Park map. It plays fucking great on PC and it looks quite nice too:

ibr0A7yTtAtyzF.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I buy both Collection 1 and Collection 2 for MW3, will that give me literally all the maps that Elite members have access to? At least, until Collection 3 is released?

I'm not prepared to pay for Elite, but 1200 points for all these maps is a damn good deal.

You'll have everything Elite members have so far, except for the 3 new faceoff maps/1 Spec ops mission that they got in June.

And yes, just search in matchmaking and it'll be a mixture of dlc maps and vanilla maps.
You always have the option of turning off dlc maps and just playing with people that don't have the dlc as well.

You'll have everything Elite members have so far, except for the 3 new faceoff maps/1 Spec ops mission that they got in June.

And yes, just search in matchmaking and it'll be a mixture of dlc maps and vanilla maps.
You always have the option of turning off dlc maps and just playing with people that don't have the dlc as well.

Thanks. I've never played Faceoff or Spec Ops, so I won't be missing those.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So this weekend definately a double xp weekend again?

I have a friend coming over while our gfs talk and have drinks for hours on end so we get relegated to my attic room for gaming, would be even better with double xp, lol.

Top Bottom