• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Gunfight 4K Gameplay Officially Released

Gamernyc78

Banned
Any real word on its battle royal component? I have played blackout to death(sitting at over 170wins)and while I used to be a big multiplayer fan, that on blops4 is just terrible so I only play Blackout.

If this is anything like MW or MW2 I'm game as hell but if it sucks like BLOPS4 I'm hoping the battle royal is great.

You sound like me all I play is Blackout which I love. I can't stand the regular mp now.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Goddamn that looks amazing, new engine right? Looks and sounds more like a Frostbite game, realistic, atmospheric, weighty, not cartoony like CoDs used to.

Super hyped.

KINGMOKU

You sound like me all I play is Blackout which I love. I can't stand the regular mp now.
Its absolute trash and this is coming from someone who has playing COD for forever. My squad used to play hardcore modes in MW, MW2, Blops, e.t.c and remember when Infinity Ward was the good dev and treyarch was the B team, which I still consider them.

Blops 4 multiplayer is just terrible, but I adore blackout. At first coming from PUBG which always felt like an beta game made by high schoolers it was amazing at how fast it was, and the COD gunplay. Then something amazing happened.

They introduced operation grand hiest, and came with it Hot pursuit perhaps the greatest game mode in any battle royal ever made. Amazing. I never knew how much I wanted redrops in a battle royal game until it happened and I cannot go back to regulat quads, duos, or solo. It's so damn boring, nevermind not having the amazing in game chases with cops and robbers, and stashes.

The fact that they keep rotating out this game mode drives me crazy.

In any event, I hope that the battle royal portion of modern warfare has a redrop system akin to blackout becuase it's perfect, and endgame is pure mayhem.

Mojoraisin

Was hoping for something more impressive after all the rave about the new Cod. Bfv disappointed me like shit (admittedly the gun play/hitreg felt better than ever which is good to carry with them) and was looking for a new shooter. They're still so far behind BF in so many areas I think It'll be a skip unfortunately. :(

Gamernyc78

Banned
Its absolute trash and this is coming from someone who has playing COD for forever. My squad used to play hardcore modes in MW, MW2, Blops, e.t.c and remember when Infinity Ward was the good dev and treyarch was the B team, which I still consider them.

Blops 4 multiplayer is just terrible, but I adore blackout. At first coming from PUBG which always felt like an beta game made by high schoolers it was amazing at how fast it was, and the COD gunplay. Then something amazing happened.

They introduced operation grand hiest, and came with it Hot pursuit perhaps the greatest game mode in any battle royal ever made. Amazing. I never knew how much I wanted redrops in a battle royal game until it happened and I cannot go back to regulat quads, duos, or solo. It's so damn boring, nevermind not having the amazing in game chases with cops and robbers, and stashes.

The fact that they keep rotating out this game mode drives me crazy.

In any event, I hope that the battle royal portion of modern warfare has a redrop system akin to blackout becuase it's perfect, and endgame is pure mayhem.

Lol I'm addicted to the Alcatraz quad mode and yes I welcomed the limited respawn. The game is just so fun and I love hot pursuit.

KINGMOKU

Lol I'm addicted to the Alcatraz quad mode and yes I welcomed the limited respawn. The game is just so fun and I love hot pursuit.
I loathed alcatraz when it first launched as it reminded me of multiplayer as there was nowhere to "setup". Not camp mind you(I'm a mover. Only sometimes will my squad take residence in an area on Alcatraz. White house, next to the red houses as it's good for killfest or model area as of you can control it, you can really rack up the kills)as it's hard to win in blackout if you sit. After the update that added the sub, and boat, it drained a few players from the main map, allowing for actual scavenging without getting your ass shot off while you picked up yet another sg12.

Now I really enjoy it, and the new horde mode, while frustrating at times, makes for some hilarious end games. We won 4 games last night in about 3ish hours, one of which the squad had 32 kills between everyone. Just had a blast. They also removed the very last redrop on Alcatraz so it makes endgame more tactical. Cant go charging in, right before last circle to take revenge anymore!

Wish there was a few more maps as the main map has become a touch monotonous at times, but I still love it.

Gamernyc78

Banned
Graphicaly looks ok, but whats with 50 fov it's like the soldiers are 3"11 in height.

Graphically it's the best looking BR game. PUBG on console looks and plays like shit in comparison.

As for the fov I never had an issue or see them as midgets running around. It's basically in my eyes almost COD mp graphically with maybe slight loss in graphical fidelity bcus it's BR.

Graphically it's the best looking BR game. PUBG on console looks and plays like shit in comparison.

As for the fov I never had an issue or see them as midgets running around. It's basically in my eyes almost COD mp graphically with maybe slight loss in graphical fidelity bcus it's BR.
But all what was shown was 2 v 2 tdm ? How do you know it's BR. I love PUBG, but if the gunplay is not drastically improved in this than Idk about graphics.

Gamernyc78

Banned
But all what was shown was 2 v 2 tdm ? How do you know it's BR. I love PUBG, but if the gunplay is not drastically improved in this than Idk about graphics.

Omg so sorry lol we were a little off topic talking about BR blk ops4 and I didn't see you were commenting on the original OP thread. Apologies.

u4ea

weapons look great, sounds great. But what's with the blurry textures? I can't be the only that sees this?
It looks like 720p upscaled to 4k with some high res UI or something.

II_JumPeR_I

weapons look great, sounds great. But what's with the blurry textures? I can't be the only that sees this?
I noticed the lowres textures even in the Twitch streams before this "4k" upload.

I really hope/wish PC and XboxOneX get better textures. But i doubt it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

From comments I've gathered around its from the PS4 Pro version of the game, so pc probably gets better looking.

While this game looks really interesting, I was hoping we could see some gsmeplay from like Domination or something, as I've never been interested in gunfight.

Cleared_Hot

When people complained about the futuristic COD's it's because they were just plain shit! From day one what people really wanted was gritty and more realistic.. Modern Warfare should of evolved by refining Modern Warfare, not adding all this futuristic crap because they couldn't think of anything else to better the franchise.

What they seem to be doing with Modern Warfare now is what they should of done from the start. People want to feel they are at war and feel the intensity of combat in uncertain situations. It was fine to make another WW2 but the devs got lost along the way and I think it's a cop out to blame the consumer. They are professional video game developers, if they can't figure out what's right then they only have themselves to blame. We as a consumer have no real control on what they actually develop and produce so stop defending them.
Exactly. Nobody asked for any of that crap. We simply wanted the most realistic modern game possible. REALISM yet fast paced and fun. That's what the people want.

Hudo

The other team kinda sucks.
Was Polygon playing?
I would like to watch a match where that team plays against Polygon for real and Jason Schreier is shoutcasting "Well, that team wouldn't have lost if they'd unionize! Buy my book btw."

Top Bottom