• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Post-Launch Approach To New Content

Winter John

Gold Member
Ok but, do you have any evidence that they've ever promised such a thing and did the opposite?

Look, if folks are going to attack a publisher, developer, company etc at the very least cite when they actually did this before. I don't know many companies willing to tell you something is free, only for it not to be free and not deal with some legal shit storm.

@MaximusPayne Correct. All post launch maps will be free of charge. I was going to buy it later next year, I might end up getting it a bit earlier because this move. I like to see them taking a page out of EA's book and supporting the community by giving them all the weapons, maps etc for free and getting rid of Season Passes.

Evidence? Is this a joke post? Have you heard of Black Ops 4?

MMaRsu

Banned
Great a battle pass so I can earn progression by paying for it every other month on top of the 60 I already paid! WOOHOOO MORE MONETIZATION WOOHOO

jaysius

Banned
The way they're talking about their Battlepass and how oddly specific they're getting now makes me weary to buy it day one. Then I rememebered last year there were great Black Friday sales with COD in them, so I might just wait for that.

Gerdav

Am I the only one that would rather go back to the good old days and have the option of buying a season pass for maps if I choose too, and any additional shit is purely cosmetic so if you want to run around in a rainbow coloured costume making you stick out like a sore thumb live the dream and pay for it, or is it just me being a thirty something geriatric that thinks free to play/loot boxes/battle passes etc etc is are a pure cancer on gaming.

GenericUser

Such a vague wording, could mean anything literally. Even in Black Ops 3 you could earn everything "by simply playing the game". They didn't tell you that you had to play the game for decades to "simply" unlock new guns. I call this BS, maybe it's getting less obtrusive but loot box-ish mechanics will definitely be in the game. There is too much money on the table to leave them out.

#miller

What the hell does "base weapons" mean? If its just the weapons in the base version of the game then that quote makes zero sense.
There will be a standard model of a gun, take for example a shotgun. That is the base weapon. Then there will be cosmetic variants with the same stats. For example the shotgun you will receive when you played the beta and got to level 10!

Gerdav

Activision isn’t screwing anybody though, their primary focus is to make money for themselves and their shareholders, it’s the imbeciles who buy this shit that are the screwing people over, if no one bought it you would soon see this practice disappear.

Justin9mm

i just want a good game, fix the spawns and tweak the ttk/ttd a bit and you got yourselves a winner

2v2 is fun shit
I really thought I would not like 2v2, was thinking how boring before the 2v2 beta.. But after that beta, I was like man that's so fun! I will def be playing a lot of that mode!

I really thought I would not like 2v2, was thinking how boring before the 2v2 beta.. But after that beta, I was like man that's so fun! I will def be playing a lot of that mode!
Can you guys elaborate a little bit on 2v2, I missed out on that mode in the beta..how is it , intense? Thx.

Justin9mm

Can you guys elaborate a little bit on 2v2, I missed out on that mode in the beta..how is it , intense? Thx.
Yeah it was surprisingly intense and competitive in a fun way. The maps were very well designed and you all start with the same loadout so its equal playing field. The matches are usually quick and when you get the kill, it feels extremely satisfying. You obviously only get one chance so if your other team mate goes down then its all up to you so you feel the pressure. First team to win 5 rounds is Victorious. The maps aren't big and a player can't just go hide as it's ultimately timed so after the round time lapses a capture flag will appear in the middle of the map and first to capture it without being killed wins.

Edit: I think the fact that it is so simple makes it fun as well. You don't need to be thinking about anything else but killing those other 2 players. It takes a few matches to get used to it but once you learn the map, its a lot more fun to plan your attack.

Last edited:
Yeah it was surprisingly intense and competitive in a fun way. The maps were very well designed and you all start with the same loadout so its equal playing field. The matches are usually quick and when you get the kill, it feels extremely satisfying. You obviously only get one chance so if your other team mate goes down then its all up to you so you feel the pressure. First team to win 5 rounds is Victorious. The maps aren't big and a player can't just go hide as it's ultimately timed so after the round time lapses a capture flag will appear in the middle of the map and first to capture it without being killed wins.

Edit: I think the fact that it is so simple makes it fun as well. You don't need to be thinking about anything else but killing those other 2 players. It takes a few matches to get used to it but once you learn the map, its a lot more fun to plan your attack.

👊💪 preciate for a lengthy , informative , detailed reply. I will keep my eyes on this mode and the very first thing I will do is hop on 2v2 MP 😁👊

Caffeine

Pretty cool that they are adding two maps that never made the cut before, Hill was a cut map from cod 4 mw, and gulag showers was a cut map from Mw2. or they are just callbacks to the maps for gunfight only.
0xfihpor05u31.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom