• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: [R E F L E X] (Wii) Screens

deleted

Zhuk said:
I still find it amazing that Xbox 1 games looked better than Wii games... I guess the Wii really isn't that much of a leap from the Gamecube :(

Maybe it isn´t but you could squeeze out more than this with a bit more effort! There are lots of Gamecube Games looking like they are a generation ahead of this (at least texture wise).

Hopefully the online mode works out better than the scaled down graphics.

mr_nothin

Banned
mwwii1.jpg

Is that guy, laying on the ground at the bottom right, even suppose to be in that picture? Why does he have higher rez textures than the main guy that's the focus of the screenshot?

I bet he was photoshopped in:lol

If you look closely, he is photoshopped in! lol he doesnt have any jaggies.

LOZLINK said:
Worst part is, this will sell amounts comparable to the console version :lol

While faith in humanity is almost as cheap as the budget for this thing, let's not get ourselves that carried away.

Teknoman

How about no Wii version of a game and just have Wii exclusive? Like how There was Call of Duty and then Call of Duty Finest Hour?

laserbeam

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
What color is the sky in this fantasy world you live in?

Activision pays the checks. If smaller studios can manage HD games and a Wii version a studio as "great" as IW should have no problem doing so.

Teknoman said:
How about no Wii version of a game and just have Wii exclusive? Like how There was Call of Duty and then Call of Duty Finest Hour?

A Wii version works fine when effort is applied. WaW was a good effort and the game played and showed that effort.

Jaagen

mr_nothin said:

Probably a high-res sprite which is kind of sad.

Anyhow, any new details about the game. Like multiplayer?

dani_dc

I'm pretty convinced by now that Activision just realized a couple months ago they didn't had a Call of Duty for Wii this year and just decided to throw a few bucks to Treyarch to get the game out in time for the holidays.

laserbeam said:
Activision pays the checks. If smaller studios can manage HD games and a Wii version a studio as "great" as IW should have no problem doing so.

You keep waiting for that version then buddy. Just like about 20 other franchises I could rattle off.

mr_nothin said:
mwwii1.jpg

Is that guy, laying on the ground at the bottom right, even suppose to be in that picture? Why does he have higher rez textures than the main guy that's the focus of the screenshot?

Especially when you consider that his head is smaller than the main character's knee.

OnPoint

So are we not going to see shops with the car vault and the dogz and what not because they already shoped a high res sprite in?

sad face

DungeonO

Sooo.....

I'd assume this game is aiming for the "core" crowd on the Wii...

...but do they not realize that that is the crowd that would notice that this game looks like complete garbage?

What happened between 2005 and now? Did they really forget how to do graphics on a console with this sort of power?

I'd love to just sit down and ask one of the people behind this game, whether it's a developer or the guy calling the shots, like, what the hell are you thinking?

laserbeam said:
Im not waiting on it I will play COD on the superior machine. The PC!

Honestly I don't care which machine you play it on. Just pointing out that your idea is highly unlikely to take place. Same as with a lot of other franchises.

LOZLINK

InsaneZero said:
While faith in humanity is almost as cheap as the budget for this thing, let's not get ourselves that carried away.
You never know. Next thing you know they'll release a prestige edition with night vision goggles..................made by fisher price

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
mr_nothin said:
mwwii1.jpg

This is even better! :lol :lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Came for the lols, left depressed.

Fuck you Activision/Treyarch/photoshop corpse.

DungeonO said:
Sooo.....

I'd assume this game is aiming for the "core" crowd on the Wii...

...but do they not realize that that is the crowd that would notice that this game looks like complete garbage?

What happened between 2005 and now? Did they really forget how to do graphics on a console with this sort of power?

I'd love to just sit down and ask one of the people behind this game, whether it's a developer or the guy calling the shots, like, what the hell are you thinking?
Any "core" player wouldn't care about this game as they'd already own it on another platform.

Or they were never interested in CoD4 in the first place.

Top Bottom