• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Next show Sept 15th

Droxcy

A reveal of a reveal they need to stop this such a garbage promotion scheme. Should've just scheduled the dump of info sooner to hype people up for the beta.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
A reveal of a reveal they need to stop this such a garbage promotion scheme. Should've just scheduled the dump of info sooner to hype people up for the beta.
I hate that as well..

Watch this show for important info which turns into watch this show for the reveal

mister rogers middle finger GIF

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The best way to try this beta if you didn't get a code from the stream, drop a few bucks for a preorder Gamestop is usually $5 then cancel it if you hate it

HTK

Banned
I'm exited, I always am for the CoD Season. It's more of a tradition at this point, some people pick up FIFA or MADDEN on the yearly basis. I pick up CoD. Although I didn't pick up Cold War but I was on Warzone all that time.

I'm super exited to see what MW II will offer, I'd like for mp to be good, I want to grind the public games and then get into some GameBattles. Of course Warzone 2 is on top of my list as that's all I've played the last two years.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I'm exited, I always am for the CoD Season. It's more of a tradition at this point, some people pick up FIFA or MADDEN on the yearly basis. I pick up CoD. Although I didn't pick up Cold War but I was on Warzone all that time.

I'm super exited to see what MW II will offer, I'd like for mp to be good, I want to grind the public games and then get into some GameBattles. Of course Warzone 2 is on top of my list as that's all I've played the last two years.
I am really looking forward to seeing MW2 and Warzone 2 as they better be great if they want to get 2 years out of it after how bad Vanguard was

Reactions: HTK

clarky

Gold Member
I am really looking forward to seeing MW2 and Warzone 2 as they better be great if they want to get 2 years out of it after how bad Vanguard was
I have full faith in this one. If anything MW2019 needed another year and BLOPS AND Warzone would have been better for it as well. I really wasn't ready to drop MW2019.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You can bet the house when the marketing rights go back to MS they'll be doing a lot more than an early access beta weekend. Expect a ton of Gamepass perks free skins, modes, operators etc etc.
I think this is the reason MS wont take COD Xbox/PC exclusive as all they have to do is put the game on GP and do like you said, it will move the needle for the hardcore COD fans

HTK

Banned
I have full faith in this one. If anything MW2019 needed another year and BLOPS AND Warzone would have been better for it as well. I really wasn't ready to drop MW2019.

I don't know about that man. MW2019 had one of the worst multiplayer experiences in a long time. If it wasn't for Warzone, MW2019 would have been dead within a month. Shit, mp was pretty much dead shortly after the game released.

HTK

Banned
I think this is the reason MS wont take COD Xbox/PC exclusive as all they have to do is put the game on GP and do like you said, it will move the needle for the hardcore COD fans
Oh yeah, no way Microsoft makes CoD exclusive to Xbox/PC. There is just too much money on the table. However, like you said they can convince people to come to Xbox/PC and get Gamepass and get the game through gamepass with extra perks. I'm sure it will move the needle and still keep cashing in from the PlayStation platform. Good move all around.

clarky

Gold Member
I don't know about that man. MW2019 had one of the worst multiplayer experiences in a long time. If it wasn't for Warzone, MW2019 would have been dead within a month. Shit, mp was pretty much dead shortly after the game released.
Not sure what planet your from. MW 2019 is/was one of the most successful COD entries of all time, and still has a healthy player count to this day.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Not sure what planet your from. MW 2019 is/was one of the most successful COD entries of all time, and still has a healthy player count to this day.

I am from planet critical thinking and don't really care how successful the game is based on Activisions insane marketing machine. Like I said, Warzone saved MW2019 in terms of the numbers game and how they tied weapon unlocking. Otherwise MW2019 Multiplayer would have been dead on arrival.

clarky

Gold Member
I am from planet critical thinking and don't really care how successful the game is based on Activisions insane marketing machine. Like I said, Warzone saved MW2019 in terms of the numbers game and how they tied weapon unlocking. Otherwise MW2019 Multiplayer would have been dead on arrival.
But there's still a healthy player base even after 2 COD's later so there's clearly a hell of a lot of people who disagree. Weapon unlocking became irrelevant 12 months later yet theres still loads of people playing right now.

Besides Warzone didn't release until what 6 months after launch? So clearly didn't die on arrival.

Why do you think the hype for this game is so strong? Because the last game in the modern warfare series sucked?

Last edited:

Salz01

I want to delete ps4 version of Warzone so bad. Hope they talk about current gen native Warzone application. Also curious if all,the skins get ported over….

The best way to try this beta if you didn't get a code from the stream, drop a few bucks for a preorder Gamestop is usually $5 then cancel it if you hate it

You don't need to drop a few bucks for this preorder bullshit. Just preorder from Amazon get the Keys and cancel the preorder. Done.🤫

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You don't need to drop a few bucks for this preorder bullshit. Just preorder from Amazon get the Keys and cancel the preorder. Done.🤫
That too.

My buddy at Gamestop knows when I come in I preorder several copies on the same $5 as I turn and cancel it right away

So I might throw a beta code or two on this thread before it starts depending on how many I get

Top Bottom