• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger dated with new trailer

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ubisoft has announced a Call of Juarez: Gunslinger release date of May 22.

The game will be priced at £11.99 on PSN and PC and 1200 MSP (£10.28) on Xbox Live.

Pre-ordering the PC version will give players immediate access to the second entry in the Call Of Juarez series, Call Of Juarez: Bound in Blood. Uplay pre-orders will also grant players access to an exclusive pack of weapons.

Gunslinger is the fourth entry in Ubisoft's FPS franchise, following 2006's Call of Juarez, 2009's Bound in Blood and 2011's Call of Juarez: The Cartel.

Featuring brutal shootouts and dynamite-powered explosions, Gunslinger returns the series to the Old West after The Cartel experimented with a modern day setting.

Code of the West Trailer

Screens:

image_300513.jpg

image_300512.jpg

image_300516.jpg

image_300515.jpg

image_300514.jpg

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/402362/call-of-juarez-gunslinger-release-date-may-22/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Call of Juarez: Borderlands Edition

Why do enemies look so fucking flat, like cutout cardboard propped up in the 5th picture

antitrop

It can't be worse than the third one. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood was pretty solid, I know this is a budget game and on rails and shit, but it could be good.

FloatOn

With blood dragon and now this. I think I appreciate the bite sized high concept shooter at a low cost. Zero chance to wear out it's novelty. Unless it is that bad.

derExperte

Huh, a low budget title? Interesting on one hand and better than nothing but kinda disappointing as it won't be able to compete with the first two. I guess they cut the story.

I like the look of it in the trailers. Looks fairly fun imo. Red Dead is one, of if not my favorite game of the generation so another western game would be nice (if it doesnt suck). Regardless, it will probably be a $20 game for me if I buy.

MYeager

I like the look of it in the trailers. Looks fairly fun imo. Red Dead is one, of if not my favorite game of the generation so another western game would be nice (if it doesnt suck). Regardless, it will probably be a $20 game for me if I buy.

You're in luck, it's going to be less than $20 right out of the gate.

I'm interested because I liked the second game a lot. But I hope this trailer isn't also indicative of the enemy AI. They just appeared to stand there.

is this still on rails? any gameplay footage anywhere yet? that first trailer indicated on rails :E

and yeah, try Bound in Blood, that was a good game with an amazing soundtrack!

edit: oh, just noticed the trailer link in the OP :D my bad.

Lotto

Trailer looks promising. Hoping this is going back to form (more like Bound in Blood than Cartel). The Cartel was the worst game I've played in a long time.

Andrew.

Banned
Due to my overabundant love for westerns in general, I'm sure I'm going to end up playing this just because, regardless of its possible shittiness. The first one wasn't that bad.

VanWinkle

Wait, so this is a $15 game? I had no idea. I assume then that it doesn't have multiplayer?

Edit: What's this about on rails? Does anybody know for sure whether it is not? That could explain the low price but it would also make me sad.

Edit: What's this about on rails? Does anybody know for sure whether it is not? That could explain the low price but it would also make me sad.

the first trailer seemed very on-rails without character movement and screenshots looking like shooting galleries.

derFeef

TBH this does seem heavy on shootouts, so maybe it's a big focus. Which would make sense considering the name and all.

VanWinkle

Is he wearing a motorcycle helmet or why are there glass-cracks when he is getting hit, jeeze. Looks good otherwise.

edit: Or whatever that effect is, looks weird and annoying.

Supposed to be a camera lens obviously but yeah, looks a little dumb.

sn00zer

Ive always had real trouble with the artstyle in these games...they are so busy, makes it very confusing to look at

antitrop

Due to my overabundant love for westerns in general, I'm sure I'm going to end up playing this just because, regardless of its possible shittiness. The first one wasn't that bad.

The second one was better. I think I feel like replaying it...

ironcreed

Banned
Looks fun, it's cheap and I'm glad to see the series back in old west. Maybe not day one, but it's still a buy for sure.

Dawg

I played a preview version of this game and I really really really liked it.

This is coming from someone who hates the previous CoJ games.

Dual wielding two revolvers is awesome in this game, really.

I think this will be one of those games where I just play the demo and have no urge to buy it. Same thing I did with other Call of Juarez games.

At least this won't have questionable racism or sexism, right?

Top Bottom